Jonah Hex - The Movie Speculation

How disappointing. I hope whomever it was that decided to add all that magic crap losses his job.

How disappointing. I hope whomever it was that decided to add all that magic crap losses his job.

Disappointing but not surprising.

As for the magic aspect I think I know what they were trying to do. Westerns haven't done well Box Office wise since the 70s, the last successful one was Unforgiven and that was released what, 15 years ago?. Since this movie was based on a comic book, the studio execs decided to add a bunch over the top stuff like magic powers and a James Bond villain.

If Jonah Hex was serious Western, it wouldn't have made money, but it could have been good and less expensive. WB tried to do two things at once and did neither well.

In a summer of box office disappointment, "Jonah Hex" turns out to be the biggest bomb of all. (But it has Will Arnett in it! COME ON!)

Will Arnett's reaction from his first day on set:

willarnetthugemistake.jpg

Even tho the movie was ****ing terrible (went with an uncle who paid for me to see it), the magic part was no more ludicrous than, time-travelling, and his body being turned into a singing dummy by a circus owner. And this isn't even his coming back from the dead as a Black Lantern.

I love that this movie is so terrible that we haven't even cared to update the name of the thread from "Speculation" to "Discussion."

I love that this movie is so terrible that we haven't even cared to update the name of the thread from "Speculation" to "Discussion."

I say we keep it speculations for the almost obligatory gritty dark reboot that will inevitably happen in the next 2 years

The Proposition is the best Jonah Hex movie.

Latest posts

Back