Jonathan Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. (Spoilers)

Re: Jonathan Hickman's Shield

Did anyone notice Apocalypse in the background in the Egypt scene? Awesome!!!

yeah, i did see that. That's cool.

I'm not sure how i feel about the premise of the series, SHIELD as an illuminati/Knight's Templar type organization doesn't really sit well with me, but it seems like Hickman's going to use the premise to explore some cool stuff, so I'm okay with that.

Re: Jonathan Hickman's Shield (Spoilers)

That was great. I loved Agents Richards and Stark turning up.

The best thing? I only just discovered this is an ongoing and not just a mini series.

AWESOME.

EDIT: And now Marvel will cancel it.

Last edited:

This sounds awesome. Can't wait to read it.

Comics alliance pointed out that in Secret Warriors Hydra refers to themselves as the Spear, and in S.H.I.E.L.D. Zhang Heng references that the shield resides in the west and the spear resides in the east.

I want a Stark and Richards, Agents of SHIELD title.

#1 is a cacophony.

It is completely unintelligible. I have no idea who anyone is nor what they're doing, why they're doing it, or what they want. All I get from it is that SHIELD is a secret order of Knight Templars that have existed forever.

It made zero sense and it upsets me because I love Hickman's FANTASTIC FOUR and I wonder if I've gone insane.

#1 is a cacophony.

It is completely unintelligible. I have no idea who anyone is nor what they're doing, why they're doing it, or what they want. All I get from it is that SHIELD is a secret order of Knight Templars that have existed forever.

It made zero sense and it upsets me because I love Hickman's FANTASTIC FOUR and I wonder if I've gone insane.

Maybe this will help you out. Maybe.

Last edited:

#1 is a cacophony.

That's not a cacophony, this is a cacophony:

Batman_Cacophony_1.jpg

I'm sad that discussion on this series has stalled out after 2 issues. #6 came out a couple weeks ago (?) and closed the first story arc.

This story is incredible. This is not the kind of thing that Marvel should be publishing. It's too intelligent.

The biggest problem with the series - the ONLY problem, as I see it - is that it is so complex that, six issues in, it feels like we're still getting the setup. And that makes the bi-monthly publishing of the book hard to swallow. I wouldn't be surprised if people flat out gave up on it because, on the surface, it doesn't feel like anything is happening and it's taking forever to find that out. It's worse for me because my memory is horrendous. I require multiple reads for stuff like this just to understand what's going on.

I just read the first six issues together and it's a LOT easier to comprehend and follow. Six issues in and it's still answering questions with questions, but if that doesn't bother you and you feel like it's worth it to hang in there and have some pretty awesome concepts fed to you in the meantime, it's worth the wait. I mean, this book is rewriting a lot of the history of the Marvel Universe and, more specifically, several characters. It's ambitious, to say the least.

I'm having trouble finding information on the future of the book - there is a one-shot called SHIELD Infinity coming out but I'm not sure what's going on after that. I'm going to be majorly disappointed if that's the end of it.

Here's the solit:

Decode the miraculous designs of Leonardo Da Vinci. Devour the truths and reel with the lies of Isaac Newton. Puzzle at the perilous predictions of Nostradamus.

Discover the Forever Machines of Nikola Tesla. Stemming from the pages of the most critically-acclaimed series of 2010, Jonathan Hickman (FANTASTIC FOUR, ULTIMATE THOR) and company bring you the apocrypha of the Marvel Universe.

The foundations will shake, crumble and fall.

Have you all given up on this?

Latest posts

Back