Justice League: To the silver screen!

Miller: JLA Movie Still On
Justice League happening, but years away says director.

IGN thought the JLA movie was dead on its knees, especially after director George Miller supposedly left the movie.. Not so, however, according to the man himself, who told MTV: "I'm still attached to the film."

More here : http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/960/960770p1.html

looks like it's back on (kind of)

He says it won't happen for a while though. Hopefully by that time it would look completely different than what it was going to be...

I think they need to introduce the characters in their own stories before they team them up. Like Marvel is doing.

The batman from Batman Begins/Dark Knight doesn't really lend himself to this kind of thing, neither does the Superman we've seen. They need to do whatever they are doing with those franchises separately and then make a World's Finest movie that is unrelated. They are already making a Green Lantern Film, so make movies for Flash, Wonder Woman, etc. Then team the Batman and Superman from World's Finest with Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern etc. That makes the most sense to me.

I think they need to introduce the characters in their own stories before they team them up. Like Marvel is doing.

The batman from Batman Begins/Dark Knight doesn't really lend himself to this kind of thing, neither does the Superman we've seen. They need to do whatever they are doing with those franchises separately and then make a World's Finest movie that is unrelated. They are already making a Green Lantern Film, so make movies for Flash, Wonder Woman, etc. Then team the Batman and Superman from World's Finest with Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern etc. That makes the most sense to me.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Nolanverse Batman in a more fantastical story, provided we get at least one more excellent Batman movie set in a realistic atmosphere.

I don't think DC has to do the crossover format just because that's what Marvel is doing.

I think the DC characters are more iconic. They should let their characters be free to do their own things, with their own mythologies, and not have to worry about fitting into whatever universe of the other DC characters. While Marvel is busy consolidating all of their movies into one franchise, DC should work on making each character a feasible film franchise in their own right.

Both Nolan Batman and Routh Super could totally work on a team, you just need to think it through, I've said this before and don't feel like saying it again. But I will repeat that imaging Bale and Routh performing the bar scene from World's Finest TAS would be the greatest thing ever. They both capture the characters so well and I can tell they with nail that chemistry between the characters

I don't think DC has to do the crossover format just because that's what Marvel is doing.

I think the DC characters are more iconic. They should let their characters be free to do their own things, with their own mythologies, and not have to worry about fitting into whatever universe of the other DC characters. While Marvel is busy consolidating all of their movies into one franchise, DC should work on making each character a feasible film franchise in their own right.

Exactly. However, once those independent franchises are developed and used to their full potential, I wouldn't be against them doing a JL movie. I think at this point even thinking about a JL movie is a bad idea. Focus on independent films for the characters. Worry about establishing good Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Flash franchises, in addition to a Superman reboot. While Routh was fine as Superman, I would prefer they do an origin movie for the next Superman, with a new actor.

Well...I agree with this as much as I agree with breathing oxygen.

I think the idea of Nolan's Batman in a police station is retarded.

Everyone yells about Batman working with superpowered heroes, when in fact, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to even be working with non-powered lawmen, either. Batman shouldn't be so public. He needs to be a mystery; his existence unconfirmed and speculative .

This was the one huge problem with TDK; everyone knew that Batman existed and it was a fairly safe bet that he was just an ordinary guy under the costume, as well.

Last edited:
This was the one huge problem with TDK; everyone knew that Batman existed and it was a fairly safe bet that he was just an ordinary guy under the costume, as well.

I don't know if you could pull off the whole Batman as urban legend thing in the movies though. I mean how many times can the Batmobile go racing through Gotham without people realizing that he is real. And they would have to do away with the Batsignal, in all probability. I don't mind everyone in Gotham knowing about Batman, it makes sense for what Nolan is doing.

Everyone yells about Batman working with superpowered heroes, when in fact, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to even be working with non-powered lawmen, either. Batman shouldn't be so public. He needs to be a mystery; his existence unconfirmed and speculative .

Yep.

I don't know if you could pull off the whole Batman as urban legend thing in the movies though. I mean how many times can the Batmobile go racing through Gotham without people realizing that he is real.

First of all, a lot of times.

Second of all, people can realise he is real, but is everyone really going to believe that he's real? Especially when there's very little solid proof of his existence other than rumours and hearsay.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of the Urban Legend approach to batman.

It works for Year One era stories. It's pointless and ridiculous to apply it once he's established himself. He wants people to know he's out there. It's counterproductive to his goals.

I've never been a fan of the Urban Legend approach to batman.

It works for Year One era stories. It's pointless and ridiculous to apply it once he's established himself. He wants people to know he's out there. It's counterproductive to his goals.

I can agree with this

First of all, a lot of times.

Second of all, people can realise he is real, but is everyone really going to believe that he's real? Especially when there's very little solid proof of his existence other than rumours and hearsay.

I don't think so. I mean with the media the way it is today Lindsay Lohan can't even walk down the street without there being tons of pictures of it. The first time the Batman fought the Joker or Two-Face or however it would certainly draw the news and their cameras. He may be able to stay hidden for a few months or so, but as soon as something big happens that he has to stop it would be pretty hard to pretend he doesn't exist.

I don't think so. I mean with the media the way it is today Lindsay Lohan can't even walk down the street without there being tons of pictures of it. The first time the Batman fought the Joker or Two-Face or however it would certainly draw the news and their cameras. He may be able to stay hidden for a few months or so, but as soon as something big happens that he has to stop it would be pretty hard to pretend he doesn't exist.

I can see the newspapers over here now

The Independent - "Masked Vigilante saves city from escaped criminal."

Daily Mail - "Man dressed as a bat stops robbery."

The Sun - "Bat-nipples page 3"

How come there are rarely ever pictures of shootings and real-life vigilante attacks when they actually happen, then?

(Please, don't anyone post a link to C.O.P.S. or anything similarly retarded like that)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back