Justice series discussion (Spoilers!)

Bass said:
Justice... it's alright.

But 5 issues in and it's just not very exciting... I mean, I'm not really even sure what's going on and to be honest, it kinda reads like every single Justice League story I've ever read.

I'd kinda hoped for something better than this. I'm hoping it picks up but at the moment... it's kinda boring.

The art is pretty.

Can anyone tell me whats going on, I remember seeing a preview were its pretty much JLA: The End a bunch of heroes are dieing and its pretty much armaggedon, ovcean boiling raining fire and all that.

Random said:
Can anyone tell me whats going on, I remember seeing a preview were its pretty much JLA: The End a bunch of heroes are dieing and its pretty much armaggedon, ovcean boiling raining fire and all that.

Basically, all the villains have had a vision of the Justice League failing to save the world, so right now they're teamed up to get rid of the Justice League now, and it appears they want to save the world themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_(DC_Comics)

Random said:

'Twas but a dream. Lots of supervillains seem to have had this dream, and Lex Luthor has organised them all. They then go on tv and tell the world they'll use their powers and technology to improve and save the world, and that the Justice League should say something if they don't approve, but the Justice League can't because they've all been attacked individually by these supervillains in a widespread conspiracy.

We're not sure where the dream came from, what Brainiac's doing to Aquaman, exactly what the hell is going on with over half the characters in the title, or even where this comic is going. Not only that, the comic doesn't seem to have progressed, as a story since #2. In fact, in #1 we find out about the dream and the villains' plan. In #2 they impliment it by attacking some heroes and going on tv. Several months and three issues later, they seem to still be on tv and attacking the same heroes in the same fight. At the end of #5, most of these fights have arbitrarily ended and something else, some weird microscopic worm has shown up inside Superman and Batman.

I'm left wandering what the point of this series is because in the guys rush to create an interesting plot, they forgot to put any real emotional involvement into it. I don't particularly care about most of the characters.

Which is a shame, because they're not making mistakes with what they're putting inside the issue. The problem seems to be what's not inside, such as empathy and coherence.

The new issue is good. A little more plot. It's nothing special. I do love all the villains mixing and matching with the heros. The ending was cool.

I hate Ross' Luthor. He looks fat.

B

So, does #6 come out this month?

It's kinda crappy they're releasing a hardcover containing the first four issues. That means there'll be three hardcovers, each containing only a third of the series. Expensive.

Yeah #6 is out the 21st. It's sad because I'm so broke it is going to be vying for importance with the two other series i'm following, The Eternals, and Marvel Civil War. But alas my heart is gonna stick with justice, because DC is great, and i'll proudly eat up anything that has alex ross involved.

6 was pretty good. I liked the fight between Ivy and Diana.

I hope to high heavens that they bring Black Adam in. I'll be pissed if not.

Everytime I see Red Tornado, he's been rip to screds. Everytime. He shouldn't be rebuilt.

Last edited:
The best thing about this series are the villains. The Legion of Doom are awesome.

Was Ross's depiction of Giganta getting all mangled as she grew an idea of his, or is it a preexisting thing in the comics?

I picked up the 2nd hardcover for this the other day and just finished it.

This rules. This is way better than Kingdom Come, and no one is talking about it.

I don't know many of these characters very well, but I can already appreciate how the writers are using EVERYONE and their powers/abilities.

Brainiac and Gorilla Grodd are terrifying.

And it was cool how they didn't actually show Aquaman's head cut open. The pieces of hair on the operating table were a nice touch.

Awesome use of the Lasso of Truth on Batman. And I loved how Alfred was threatening him - that was great. :lol:

This is one of the best things I've read in a long time, and I've only read the equivalent of the first 8 issues. I'll be re-reading them over the next few days.

This is VERY highly recommended. As good as the story is the art is even better. The art is better than Kingdom Come too and might just be the best art I've ever seen in a comic.

I picked up the 2nd hardcover for this the other day and just finished it.

This rules. This is way better than Kingdom Come, and no one is talking about it.

I don't know many of these characters very well, but I can already appreciate how the writers are using EVERYONE and their powers/abilities.

Brainiac and Gorilla Grodd are terrifying.

And it was cool how they didn't actually show Aquaman's head cut open. The pieces of hair on the operating table were a nice touch.

Awesome use of the Lasso of Truth on Batman. And I loved how Alfred was threatening him - that was great. :lol:

This is one of the best things I've read in a long time, and I've only read the equivalent of the first 8 issues. I'll be re-reading them over the next few days.

This is VERY highly recommended. As good as the story is the art is even better. The art is better than Kingdom Come too and might just be the best art I've ever seen in a comic.

I didn't realize the second hardcover was out yet. I also agree that Justice is way better than Kingdom Come.

I like this series a lot, mainly because it's basically just a massive fight, done well. However, Kingdom Come was more than just a fight, and was much better than Justice.

The only thing I think is stupid in Justice is the armoured suits they wear in the latest issue... I know they need to wear them to stop being infected, but for some it doesn't make sense, like Green Lantern etc. Plus they just look stupid.

After reading #10, I think that awesome battle would have been even more awesome if the superheroes weren't stupid Gundams.

Justice has ended. After two years (with every issue on time) of waiting... the story has been done. Excellent work by the creative team. I can't believe almost every character in the DCU was utilized and used well. I would have had an orgasm if they had managed to fit Darkseid in there somehow.

Absolute Justice FTW.

Justice has ended. After two years (with every issue on time) of waiting... the story has been done. Excellent work by the creative team. I can't believe almost every character in the DCU was utilized and used well. I would have had an orgasm if they had managed to fit Darkseid in there somehow.

Absolute Justice FTW.

I can't decide if I want to read the "copies" I have or just wait for the 3rd HC...

I'm waiting, then reading all at once for maximum pleasure.

As am I.

*...*

Does Joker really turn into a vampire at the end? I read that on the DC Forums and it sounds stupid.

(Though, to be fair, I've never read Batman: Bloodstorm.)

Latest posts

Back