Kabuki

• Help support The Comic Board :

Ninja4peace

Anyone read this series? I checked out Kabuki vol 7 - The Alchemy, since it moved to Marvel's ICON imprint (along with brubaker's criminal, and Benis's powers), and it's just really good.

I think it's still a comic, the whole story has a scrap book sort of feel to it, and it keeps making comments on the fact that it's a comic book, to the extent that she actually leans out of the page (in a dream) and tries to look forward to her future.

Anyway it's got wonderful art, and lots of creative ideas and nice quotes giving it a very high quirk-factor. I haven't read vols 1-6 and I wondered if anyone else had and what they thought of them. Volume 7 seemed like it was a fine jumping on point.

One letter commented that it had become a bit like david mack's guide to life. But people here like alan moore's guide to life (prometheus) so I thought there's a reasonable chance it has some fans here.

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
Heh, I've been reading Kabuki...well, since the beginning. I've met David at the Mid-Ohio a couples times, he even did a cool sketch with my lipliner pencil.

I ADORE Kabuki, I'm kinda miffed at the delays though.

Ninja4peace

I think I've got 7 or 8 issues (stolen issues not real life ones) but it hasn't concluded yet that's for sure. But I really like the one where she talks to the guy on the aeroplane, and first/second one where she goes to the vets

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
Even though David didn't draw it, I LOVED the Scarab mini. It screamed shoujo-ai.

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Heh, I've been reading Kabuki...well, since the beginning. I've met David at the Mid-Ohio a couples times, he even did a cool sketch with my lipliner pencil.

I ADORE Kabuki, I'm kinda miffed at the delays though.
I met David's hot asian girlfriend