Kabuki

Ninja4peace

Anyone read this series? I checked out Kabuki vol 7 - The Alchemy, since it moved to Marvel's ICON imprint (along with brubaker's criminal, and Benis's powers), and it's just really good.

I think it's still a comic, the whole story has a scrap book sort of feel to it, and it keeps making comments on the fact that it's a comic book, to the extent that she actually leans out of the page (in a dream) and tries to look forward to her future.

Anyway it's got wonderful art, and lots of creative ideas and nice quotes giving it a very high quirk-factor. I haven't read vols 1-6 and I wondered if anyone else had and what they thought of them. Volume 7 seemed like it was a fine jumping on point.

One letter commented that it had become a bit like david mack's guide to life. But people here like alan moore's guide to life (prometheus) so I thought there's a reasonable chance it has some fans here.

Heh, I've been reading Kabuki...well, since the beginning. I've met David at the Mid-Ohio a couples times, he even did a cool sketch with my lipliner pencil.

I ADORE Kabuki, I'm kinda miffed at the delays though.

I think I've got 7 or 8 issues (stolen issues not real life ones) but it hasn't concluded yet that's for sure. But I really like the one where she talks to the guy on the aeroplane, and first/second one where she goes to the vets

Even though David didn't draw it, I LOVED the Scarab mini. It screamed shoujo-ai.

Heh, I've been reading Kabuki...well, since the beginning. I've met David at the Mid-Ohio a couples times, he even did a cool sketch with my lipliner pencil.

I ADORE Kabuki, I'm kinda miffed at the delays though.

I met David's hot asian girlfriend

I met David's hot asian girlfriend
You're talking about Mandy Amano, right? She's been featured in the PG-Friendly Asian Girls thread before.

I find David's art fantastic, but I feel like his writing horrendously drabbly. It kind of reads like his scripts are Nanowrimo'ed out with little to no ending, and he seems to not know when to pick one metaphor and remove the others.

Latest posts

Back