King Kong movie discussion (SPOILERS!)

Goodwill said:
There was no new standard for CGI in movies. I thought Star Wars and Lord of the Rings were the "set the standard" movies. Now Kong?

Yes. LOTR set the standard for CGI and SFX when it came out, now Kong set the NEW standard. Simple enough for ya?

I think real quality in movies come from the stories that are being told... None of these movies mentioned above really have anything to them with the exception of Lord of the Rings.

So the point you're trying to make is that there's no standard for SFX because "real" quality is in the story?

That doesn't make sense. How good SFX are has nothing to do with how good a story is.

And King Kong had a phenomenal story anyway.

At least I didn't spell it CIRCUS!!! lol.

Damn the Grammar Police to HELL!

lol.

Had a Mary Jane Moment when I was entering that post, lol.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Planet-man said:
Yes. LOTR set the standard for CGI and SFX when it came out, now Kong set the NEW standard. Simple enough for ya?

So the point you're trying to make is that there's no standard for SFX because "real" quality is in the story?

That doesn't make sense. How good SFX are has nothing to do with how good a story is.

And King Kong had a phenomenal story anyway.

I'll throw in the towel, because no matter what I say will only make you want to stone me... But I still did not enjoy King Kong.

Entertainment Weekly's two film critics included Kong in their Top Ten Movies of 2005 list. One critic had it as #2, while the other critic had it as #4.

King Kong ****ing sucked ***.

The special effects were amazing and very realistic.

The action scenes were all I cared for in the movie.

But the thing that ruined it was whole love thing between the chick and Kong.
I mean she falls in love with that guy. Then runs from Kong. He saves her. And she falls for him. She chooses him over the guy that risking his *** for her. She chooses him over the crap load of people he's killing. It ruined the whole movie. Next she will fall in love with the giant grasshoppers.

Giant grasshopper?!!!

Jack Black did a great job all things considered.

The reason the movie was so long cause a hour and a half of it was them staring at each other.

The worst scene was on the ice in New York. You think that would break under his weight. The best was the fight with the T-Rexs.

C

thee great one said:

I mean she falls in love with that guy. Then runs from Kong. He saves her. And she falls for him. She chooses him over the guy that risking his *** for her. She chooses him over the crap load of people he's killing. It ruined the whole movie. Next she will fall in love with the giant grasshoppers.

Giant grasshopper?!!!

The reason the movie was so long cause a hour and a half of it was them staring at each other.

The worst scene was on the ice in New York. You think that would break under his weight. The best was the fight with the T-Rexs.

C

Wow. I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the film. You and I tend to agree on a lot of the same things, and I think that Kong is definitely A- material (the length is the ONLY thing going against it, IMO). I was totally invested in the Kong/Ann relationship.

ultimatedjf said:
Wow. I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the film. You and I tend to agree on a lot of the same things, and I think that Kong is definitely A- material (the length is the ONLY thing going against it, IMO). I was totally invested in the Kong/Ann relationship.
Agreed.

Without the Anne/Kong relationship, we're looking at a story about a giant ape beating the crap out of dinosaurs and airplanes...

Let's just say that TGO "didn't get it".

Don't feel bad, TGO. :wink: It's not like I get everything myself. Like Lars Von Trier. I've tried. I so tried! Aside from the first half of Dancing in the Dark, I have been bored out of my skull by everything this much acclaimed director has done.

E.Vi.L. said:
Without the Anne/Kong relationship, we're looking at a story about a giant ape beating the crap out of dinosaurs and airplanes...

Let's just say that TGO "didn't get it".
No, I think that's just Tog's kinda story.

I liked the love story, as it's the heart of the King Kong story.

But after an hour - I just wanted them to show us the damn monkey.

When he did show up - I just wanted to see him smash things.

Great flick. It wasted my entire Sunday afternoon though. I was pretty pissed about that seeing how nice of a day it was outside. But my cousin, who was visiting, had to put it in. Not much I didn't like about it. It was long but there wasn't really any "dull" moments for me. Jackson's a good director, the cast was solid, the special effects were good, skull island was so cool.

5/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Great flick. It wasted my entire Sunday afternoon though. I was pretty pissed about that seeing how nice of a day it was outside. But my cousin, who was visiting, had to put it in. Not much I didn't like about it. It was long but there wasn't really any "dull" moments for me. Jackson's a good director, the cast was solid, the special effects were good, skull island was so cool.

5/5

I'm so glad to hear (see/read I guess is the proper term) that you liked it MWoF. Sorry to hear about your Sunday, though. :(

I've spent, literally, a day of my life watching this movie.

4 times in the theater.

4 times since I've bought in on DVD.

That's 24 hours.

And I totally agree that:

1.) It is long. Wait until the extended version comes out at Christmas.

2.) Without the interaction between Kong and Ann it would have sucked.

This movie is STILL amazaing. The acting, the score, the CGI.......everything. I knew this was the mad note when I noticed that Jackson actually made dust and bugs floating around just as background.

Who thinks of details like that?!?!?!

Giant grasshopper?!!!

C

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Latest posts

Back