Kingdom Come (no spoilers!)

Sweet an entire thread dedicated to Jay-Zs latest album! Wait why is it in the DC section?

*reads thread*

I see now..... I'm not a DC fan at all but this does look great. I'm thinking about buying it.

E! I just got and read it tonight, and coming from someone who does not read DC, I ****ing loved it!:D

Don't worry about knowing the characters, you can recognize the important ones without any trouble.

Sweet an entire thread dedicated to Jay-Zs latest album! Wait why is it in the DC section?

*reads thread*

I see now..... I'm not a DC fan at all but this does look great. I'm thinking about buying it.
According to Wikipedia, Jay-Z's song "Kingdom Come" is inspired by the book...

EDIT: Looked up the lyrics. I wouldn't say it's inspired by the book, but he compares himself to Superman (returning as a kind of savior) and says that he's "The Bruce Wayne of the game".

Last edited:
E! I just got and read it tonight, and coming from someone who does not read DC, I ****ing loved it!:D

Don't worry about knowing the characters, you can recognize the important ones without any trouble.

Cool.

I did order it, from Amazon of course. I should have it in the next few days.

Interestingly it is the only Absolute title I've come across that qualifies for free shipping.

E, the absolute edition is incredible and well worth the actual cover price. It's easily the most beautiful book I have on my shelf. Get it and read it now. Don't be tricked though, DC puts absolutes out of crap too coughSandmansough.

E, the absolute edition is incredible and well worth the actual cover price. It's easily the most beautiful book I have on my shelf. Get it and read it now. Don't be tricked though, DC puts absolutes out of crap too coughSandmansough.

I did get it, I'm just waiting for the mailman to bring it to me.

The Absolute Planetary seems pretty crappy too. Why would they do that for just 12 issues? Are they planning to do one for the rest of the series? And if so...isn't that kind of the opposite of "Absolute"?

I almost bought Absolute Watchmen with Kingdom Come, but thought I'd better wait and make sure my money situation is steady.

Please tell me that was sarcasm. Now if you had used Danger Girl I might have understood, but my Absolute Sandman is the jewel of my collection.

Please tell me that was sarcasm. Now if you had used Danger Girl I might have understood, but my Absolute Sandman is the jewel of my collection.

It wasn't. I did not like Sandman, it was the kind of comic that left me asking myself "Why the hell should I care?" and then "Am I supposed to go cut myself now?"

Please tell me that you've at least read Watchmen...that you just don't own it...that would be a crime against the comic book gods.

I'm almost insulted.

I own the TPB and am in the middle of my 3rd re-read.

It wasn't. I did not like Sandman, it was the kind of comic that left me asking myself "Why the hell should I care?" and then "Am I supposed to go cut myself now?"

As much as I like sandman, this comment is hillarious.

Neil Gaiman's work has an arrogant, self important tone to it (which I have said before on this board) that is a little off. I still love most of the sandman stuff though.

Especially the stuff with hell. Although I don't think I would ever buy a sandman book, I'm really glad the local library has them all.

I'm actually nominally part of the anti-Sandman crowd. Gaiman is pretentious as ****. I don't really find myself caring for his characters at all. I mean, Sandman was good, and it had some pretty cool metaphysical ideas in it, but it's not the kind of thing I'd pick up and read again.

Although, he wrote some really *****in' prose stories, Sandman isn't all that great.

I'm actually nominally part of the anti-Sandman crowd. Gaiman is pretentious as ****. I don't really find myself caring for his characters at all. I mean, Sandman was good, and it had some pretty cool metaphysical ideas in it, but it's not the kind of thing I'd pick up and read again.

Although, he wrote some really *****in' prose stories, Sandman isn't all that great.

It's everything I think about Sandman and Gaiman.

NRAMA: And the last panel - that is Alex Ross…

GJ: And it is the Kingdom Come Superman.

NRAMA: Ho-kay. You'd mentioned before that Alex would be coming on to co-plot a storyline on the series. Is he coming in for a Kingdom Come story?

GJ: Yes sir.

That is all.

NRAMA: And the last panel - that is Alex Ross…

GJ: And it is the Kingdom Come Superman.

NRAMA: Ho-kay. You'd mentioned before that Alex would be coming on to co-plot a storyline on the series. Is he coming in for a Kingdom Come story?

GJ: Yes sir.

That is all.

I'm so psyched about that ****...

Also, Justice Society of America is SO good.

Latest posts

Back