Kirkman talks about what's coming up in Ultimate X-Men

Fuzzy Birds

Take a look, courtesy of IGN. Some interesting stuff, particularly that Cable might be a future version of someone we already know in the MU..... plus a change in lineup, a 'major' death, and.... Ultimate Age of Apocalypse?!?

Clickette

Re: Kirkman talks about upcoming Ult X

Transcrpit of the interview to be found HERE.

I'm not sure where they're getting the implied pre-existing character from. He says that there'll be a reveal that will tell us alot about Cable, but other than that not much info is given. I think they jumped the gun on that bit.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Take a look, courtesy of IGN. Some interesting stuff, particularly that Cable might be a future version of someone we already know in the MU..... plus a change in lineup, a 'major' death, and.... Ultimate Age of Apocalypse?!?

Clickette

Interesting...what if Cable ended up killing Cyclops (this being the major death he speaks of)? That'd kind of be an ironic twist, since Cable and Cyke are father and son in the 616 universe...the Ultimate versions would just be perpetrator and victim in an extremely ironic way.

IGN.com said:
Issue #75 also includes a backup story written by Sean McKeever with art by Mark Brooks. We'll finally get a look at what goes on in Emma Frost's Academy of Tomorrow. And yes, we'll see some Ultimate Doug Ramsey. You've just been dying for some Cypher, haven't you?

I'm looking forward to this. I'm liking the back-up stories they've been doing recently in the Ultimate titles (Ultimate Vision and the Ultimate X-Men Annual #2 back-up). While they haven't been good stories so far, they can be, and also help expand the Ultimate universe, but not too drastically. The self-contained, short stories are also cool, in my opinion.

All the better because Brooks is drawing it.

I expect this short story will focus on Warren some, and I'm excited to hear about Doug Ramsey/Cypher being Ultimized.

Last edited:

i was gonna post the same ign thing as news but i wasn't allowed to. so i posted it under an ultimate cable thread.

i know this is off topic but since i can't do news things. ign also has a little bit about Ultimate Wolverine.

anyway. it'd be pretty interesting if cable killed cyclops. especially since cyclops is one of my least favorite characters, ever.

the backup stories are a really good way to expand on characters that won't fit into the larger story lines.

Hooray for triple posts.

I saw this when it was posted in the Ucable thread, interesting stuff.

"[Editor] Ralph Macchio and I have talked very briefly about doing something with the Age of Apocalypse stuff," Kirkman revealed. "But we don't have anything slated yet... We've been doing a lot of talks about Apocalypse and what we can do with him."

!!!:shock: :D

I would love to see Kirkman tackle AoA, or just Apocalypse in general. Screw Singer, Kirkman is the man for the job.

As I've said before, Kirkman's work on the series had been perceived, even by him, as filler so far... I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Should be rather interesting.

Kirkman said:
There's a couple of pamphlets, basically some stuff about Scientology. [laughs] He also has a spoon and a bowl of cereal that he pulls out and eats at one point. There's some sort of future technology that keeps the milk inside the bowl inside the pocket. I was kind of impressed with myself for coming up with that. [laughs]

ARRGH! Cable is Ultimate Tom Cruise!! Kill him! Kill him now!

Frapalino said:
i was gonna post the same ign thing as news but i wasn't allowed to. so i posted it under an ultimate cable thread.

i know this is off topic but since i can't do news things...
No ordinary poster can post in that section of the board. Only E and moderators can so you have to make a thread in another section (that the thread belongs to) and if E or a moderator thinks it is newsworthy it gets moved to the news section.

DIrishB said:
I expect this short story will focus on Warren some, and I'm excited to hear about Doug Ramsey/Cypher being Ultimized.

I'm pretty sure Doug Ramsey/Cypher already has been ultimized.

He has been, but he doesn't think he's a mutant... I'm guessing he's going to start reading something and realize that its in an ancient dialect that nobody's quite sure what it means.

DIrishB said:
it's probably about dazzler re-joining the academy of tomorrow to be with warren

My bet for who's going to die is Nightcrawler. Kirkman just made him too unlikeable in the last annual. Even if he's not killed their's no way he's going to stick around for long.

MaxwellSmart said:
My bet for who's going to die is Nightcrawler. Kirkman just made him too unlikeable in the last annual. Even if he's not killed their's no way he's going to stick around for long.
you gotta remember he's in ultimate 2 #12's cover but you know who's not rogue :shock:

I say Cable is going to be Cyclops from the future, it would take so much to explain his powers (if he has same ones as 616)
But thats how i would like to see it

MaxwellSmart said:

Unlikeable? For the team you mean? Because after i read the annual he was like the coolest Ultimate X-men for me.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Unlikeable? For the team you mean? Because after i read the annual he was like the coolest Ultimate X-men for me.

The common standard for killing off characters is by making them so darn likeable, that you'll be so depressed when they finally off him in the end.

I'm so pumped for Ultimate Cable. But I wonder how this affects the story Singer has planned?

But yeah, please touch on Apocalypse!!

But then again I get a bad feeling that all this complete changes from Marvel Universe isn't gonna be so hott... I like the way the UU has been so far I don't want it to deviate completely.

Originally Posted by Ultimate Warrior
No ordinary poster can post in that section of the board. Only E and moderators can so you have to make a thread in another section (that the thread belongs to) and if E or a moderator thinks it is newsworthy it gets moved to the news section.

yeah, that's what i figured. thanks.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm so pumped for Ultimate Cable. But I wonder how this affects the story Singer has planned?
At this point I'd gladly just forget about Singer and make Kirkman the writer of UXM for life. His run's been a little underwhelming so far but I know he's capable of so much better.

vintsukka said:
At this point I'd gladly just forget about Singer and make Kirkman the writer of UXM for life. His run's been a little underwhelming so far but I know he's capable of so much better.

I agree..Forget singer. Most of the complaints about Kirkman has been that hes bene percieved as "filler"... Well, maybe thats because all the people on this board just dont want to see anything happen until Singers magical Apocy arc appears...

News flash: We cant keep waiting for Singer. If he is gonna do it fine, but lets treat him like any other writer! He doesnt get dibs on any other storylines (i.e. Kirkman or Millar or whoever can do whatever they want with apocalypse, if Singer wants to write it he should have gotten involved with the title sooner),

and his run better BE ON TIME!! All this focus on cross-medium writers is great, except not a single one of them can turn in a script monthly. Thats unnacceptable. UXM better not become UWvH.

[/end rant]

Latest posts

Back