"Laguna Beach": A Mystery Wrapped In A Conundrum Wrapped In Designer Sunglasses

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
What the hell is the appeal of "Laguna Beach"? I watched 10 minutes of it the other day and it was probably the most pointless 10 minutes of my life. I can understand the concept of a "real-life OC", but it isn't a real-life OC. Here's how most conversations on the show go:

"Its, like, hot outside."

"I know! Its usually not this hot in June."

"I know"

Or for something more dramatic:

"So you're, like, breaking up with me?"

"Yeah."

"Is this because of BLAHBLAHBLAH?"

"I don't know."

Its honestly the most boring peice of **** television show I've ever seen. "Arrested Developement" gets cancelled and crap like this manages to stay on the air. What a world we live in...

The most ironic thing about this show is that it tries to capture the essence of the the "real" Orange County, in an attempt to shatter the illusions brought forth by The O.C.

Which is really funny, since I flipped to this show once while it was on, and the part I saw consisted of the female characters just sitting there in a living room...watching The O.C.

moonmaster said:
"Arrested Developement" gets cancelled and crap like this manages to stay on the air. What a world we live in...

:evil:

:cry:

I never understood the appeal either. I even held out against it when I had no other English tv, simply because its just so bad.

moonmaster said:
Its honestly the most boring peice of **** television show I've ever seen. "Arrested Developement" gets cancelled and crap like this manages to stay on the air. What a world we live in...

Ah, my words come from your mouth. I have taught you well, my young apprentice.

UNLIMITED POWER!
*electrocutes Samuel L Jackson*​

Anyhoo. I have yet to see this "Laguna Beach" and I don't even know what it is about.

But the sentiments of ****ty shows staying on the air while crap ones remain, is indeed, a recurring problem creating by the Netexecs, and their droid leader C-EO. For example, Crusade, was a wonderful show about a desperate search for a cure to a plague that is wiping out the entire population of Earth. The crew are aboard the single most advanced spaceship ever built by humans, and they are the last hope of Earth, travelling the stars. Earth has been quarantined. The Earth Alliance is in ruins, as most of the governing body, except for a few senators on Mars and other worlds, was on Earth when the plague hit. The aliens who dropped the plague, the Drakh, are still lurking around raiding ships and creating havoc. The main characters are all fabulous, especially the captain Matthew Gideon, who is a gambler and a cheat. 7 years ago, the spaceship he was serving on was blown up by a mysterious alien ship and he was left to drift in space, in his space suit, alone, until the technomage Galen (who is a main character) saved him. When he returned to Earth, he was not allowed to talk about it. Gideon, unbenownst to anyone in the crew is doing three things, besides just looking for a cure to the plague. First of all, he's looking for the ship that blew up his old ship 7 years ago. Secondly, he's got an apocalypse box that tells the future which he uses to find planets that may have the cure. What's worse is that box carries a curse... and it lies. Third, the plague will wipe out humanity in 5 years. Gideon made a deal with all the alien worlds. They'll allow him unlimited access across their borders - for four years. He has to spend the fifth year in orbit of Earth shooting down anyone who tries to break the quarantine.

And, from the information released from the series creator and writer, J Michael Straczynski, the cure to the plague would've been found in season 2 and was not actually the main plot of the show and something else was going on from the very beginning.

AND it's a spin-off of Babylon 5 which had just finished so it was pretty much guaranteed profit.

This show got cancelled before the first episode aired.

But we got seven seasons of Star Trek Voyager.

:dead:

DIrishB said:
It literally drives me insane that there are even shows like this...or channels like MTV, which in itself is an oxymoron as it rarely even plays music videos...and the ones they do play can hardly be considered music.

MTV = sucks.

MTV Euro = Actually pretty good.

DIrishB said:
Whats MTV2 equal? A cancerous growth?
MTV2 was actually showing nothing but music videos, until they slowly started turning it just like MTV.

But I dont watch either channel anymore. Only exception is the MTV movie awards. Love the movie spoofs.

icemastertron said:
MTV2 was actually showing nothing but music videos, until they slowly started turning it just like MTV.

But I dont watch either channel anymore. Only exception is the MTV movie awards. Love the movie spoofs.

The only time I even see MTV is for a second or two when I'm flipping through channels. At least since I broke up with my ex. Thats another positive aspect of being single.

icemastertron said:

And then there's also MTV Hits. Full, uninterrupted music videos. How long do you think that'll last?

Oh, and you can't forget MTV Jams, which is just like MTV Hits, except that it's targetted at the very demographic that let the original MTV go to hell. In other words, it's for people who refuse to see MTV even try to be a decent network.

This is why VH1 is so much beter. Obviously you can't have a network fully dedicated to music. But at least VH1 fills their emtpy time slots with some semi-decent programming. I'll take Best Week Ever and I Love The 80's before stupid teen-oriented reality shows anyday.

Long live Hal Sparks.

Aeroth said:
And then there's also MTV Hits. Full, uninterrupted music videos. How long do you think that'll last?

Oh, and you can't forget MTV Jams, which is just like MTV Hits, except that it's targetted at the very demographic that let the original MTV go to hell. In other words, it's for people who refuse to see MTV even try to be a decent network.

This is why VH1 is so much beter. Obviously you can't have a network fully dedicated to music. But at least VH1 fills their emtpy time slots with some semi-decent programming. I'll take Best Week Ever and I Love The 80's before stupid teen-oriented reality shows anyday.

Long live Hal Sparks.
AAAAAAAAAAMEN! :D

:lol:

Aeroth said:

Long live Hal Sparks.

I have to agree with that also. Nothing like clip shows with snarky commentary from C-list celebrities.

First off.....the title of this thread is so hilarious that it defies description.

Second.....here is your proof that Moony is the next (or new if Bass don't come back) Nexus...
Bass said:
Ah, my words come from your mouth. I have taught you well, my young apprentice.

UNLIMITED POWER!
*electrocutes Samuel L Jackson*​

How has this show spawned like 3 seasons and it's own spin-off?!?!? It's painfully obvious that I am too old to watch MTV. How sad that the generation it was spawned for, have now become it's biggest haters.

At least cancel one of those stupid dating shows like Room Raiders and bring back "Singled Out" or "Remote Control". :cry:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back