Legion of Three Worlds

I never cared for the Legion.

The Supergirl/Legion series was mildly interesting, but when Shooter took over it was brilliant. I loved the first issue so much and every issue since.

When I re-read the HC for The Lighting Saga and the current Action Comics arc, I started to like some of these characters.

I think my favorite Legionaire is Dream Girl.

Yeah. I know next to nothing about the characters. I sort of drifted through the Legion arc in Action (which WAS very good) but my eyes just sort of glaze over with all these Star Trek style future characters. But it was a good book, and after reading that interview, I probably would read a Geoff Johns Legion ongoing.

Also, making the different Legions be from different Earths is a pimp idea.

Last edited:
You guys are late to the Legion party. They've been my favorite characters for 14 years now, and with Johns writing the original Legion and Shooter writing the crappy Waid Legion, there's two great versions out now.

Good times, good times.

I probably would read a Geoff Johns Legion ongoing.

I think this is just a mini to start with. It'd be nice to have just a little trilogy of lightning saga, superman and the legion of superheroes and then legion of 3 earths.

Also, making the different Legions be from different Earths is a pimp idea.

It might be that the legion in lightning saga is from a different earth (e.g. the one where everyone is relly powerful). Then there's the legion monthly which is in the main DCU, then maybe the 3rd Legion (legion of supervillains) is Earth-2 or whatever they're calling anti-matter universe these days.

Okay.

My question, is the cowl guy Dr. Destiny?

Time Trapper
The "cowl guy" is most definitely the Time Trapper, you nerds.

Yep yep. Old school Iron Curtain based villain who got godly powerful after the original crisis. And is apparently Cosmic Boy in the pre-crisis timeline. Maybe. Coulda just been him ****ing with them.

And thats why he's great.

I might be on board for this. I do love The Legion.

Yep yep. Old school Iron Curtain based villain who got godly powerful after the original crisis. And is apparently Cosmic Boy in the pre-crisis timeline. Maybe. Coulda just been him ****ing with them.

And thats why he's great.

I might be on board for this. I do love The Legion.

I don't know if he's Iron Curtain based so much as he just put up the Iron Curtain of Time to keep the Legionnaires out of the future, where he was hiding. This went on for, like, a year, before he faced the Legion with the nefarious plan of turning them all into babies.

During Zero Hour it was revealed that he was Cosmic Boy all along, though prior to that he was just a rogue Controller. He was replaced in Zero Hour but they never said by who.

I think this is just a mini to start with. It'd be nice to have just a little trilogy of lightning saga, superman and the legion of superheroes and then legion of 3 earths.

I know. But Johns said he'd be down for doing an ongoing if the mini sold, hence why I said I'd buy an ongoing by him.

It might be that the legion in lightning saga is from a different earth (e.g. the one where everyone is relly powerful). Then there's the legion monthly which is in the main DCU, then maybe the 3rd Legion (legion of supervillains) is Earth-2 or whatever they're calling anti-matter universe these days.

Uh-huh. That's what I figured for the first two Legions. but the "Legion of Supervillains" isn't the third Legion. The three Legions are the three superhero Legions who've appeared through the years. And Earth-2 is the Justice Society Earth. My guess is that the Legion of Super-Villains will comprise of villains plucked from the different Earths of the three Legions.

Joe Kalicki said:
I don't know if he's Iron Curtain based so much as he just put up the Iron Curtain of Time to keep the Legionnaires out of the future, where he was hiding. This went on for, like, a year, before he faced the Legion with the nefarious plan of turning them all into babies.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
So the first issue was pretty cool.

I'm excited about the possibility of Prime being redeemed. He's been an annoying one-sided character for a while now, and he needed character development a while ago.

I find it strange that the evil Legion would worship him. Maybe they're mistaking him for the Anti-Monitor?

I'm just flicking DCU #0 again and this may have already been talked about, but from what I understand these look like pages from somewhere inside the mini. The villain (tyr) is saying how prime is already promising victoy against the legion etc. etc....seems like it's already underway.

So I'm thinking that the splash page with the black people fighting are all members of the villain legion, picked from throughout time. But here they're just blacked out as it's like a preview. This splash page will be repeated at some point in the mini with the blackedout people shown. Anyone think I'm right? I think Johns' is gonna pick some really good characters to join prime in this.

Latest posts

Back