Logan - BKV and Risso - speculation

Friday

This is a thread to speculate on the 2007 project by Brian K Vaughan (Runnaways, Ultimate X-Men) and Edward Risso (100 Bullets, Batman: Broken City)

Links to linework for the book

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NJF24art/2.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NJF24art/3.jpg

I think that BKV looking to write a book called Logan, not Wolverine, has alot of promise. While the two preview pages shown here have Logan in costume theres a third found HERE(scroll down.) that shows what looks like a cover design of Logand and a woman in a kimono standing near a pile of skulls. I really hope we get an exploration into the character of Logan moreso than that of Wolverine. I want this book to be what Origins should be.

Only one thing could make me interested in the Wolverine character. I second the motion in hope that it's more about pre-wolverine. Only BKV would know exactly what the general comic fan population would want from a Wolverine mini.

Ninjas and Zombies. With a few Sentinels.

Wait.

That was Millars run.

Damnit.

CBR talks to Alex Alonso about Marvel Imprints, which includes talking about BKV's "Logan" mini.

Preview Pages are also included. The article is at the end.

I don't care what Marvel or anyone else says....Marvel Knights stories are barely different from regular Marvel stories, especially anymore. I totally don't get the point of giving them a special name.

They've said before that it's stories that are a little more violent or something, but what you see in those stories is the same amount as in non-MK imprints.

So yeah, there isn't a difference.

I'm picking this up for Eduardo Risso if nothing else.

Also, Jeriemiah Vedder, the samurai/japan aspect... I like it in a conceptual sense. Wolverine as Clint Eastwood makes sense, the lone guy who goes in and kicks everyone's *** for a girl. But Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns were based on Akira Kurosawa's samurai flicks - YOJIMBO and THE SEVEN SAMURAI. So taking Wolverine to the source, i.e. samurai stories, makes a lot of sense, and turns his claws into a sword. Samurai and Japanese culture is very disciplined while Wolverine is continually combating a violent, savage, animal side, which is heightened in that cultural atmosphere.

That said, most people use it as an excuse to give Wolverine a sword and cut up some Yakuza.

I'm picking this up for Eduardo Risso if nothing else.

Also, Jeriemiah Vedder, the samurai/japan aspect... I like it in a conceptual sense. Wolverine as Clint Eastwood makes sense, the lone guy who goes in and kicks everyone's *** for a girl. But Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns were based on Akira Kurosawa's samurai flicks - YOJIMBO and THE SEVEN SAMURAI. So taking Wolverine to the source, i.e. samurai stories, makes a lot of sense, and turns his claws into a sword. Samurai and Japanese culture is very disciplined while Wolverine is continually combating a violent, savage, animal side, which is heightened in that cultural atmosphere.

That said, most people use it as an excuse to give Wolverine a sword and cut up some Yakuza.
I like adding the samurai characteristics, but I don't enjoy him in Japan acting like he belongs in that culture, it really doesn't feel right to me

Well put, Bass. Could'nt have said it better.

Latest posts

Back