Man-Thing in UFF #7, whats the deal?

It won't go unexplained as long as Ellis is around because he's the person that put the Man-Thing there. Doom is too important an arc to sidetrack in, so we'll most likely see an explanation in the next arc.

If you continue to read the series, Reed explains in a sense why Man Thing appeared in that picture. In issue 8 he explains that when something enters the N zone it is coverted in a sense into itw phase space, basically all the possible ways that that person or object could have become. This is then demonstrated by the apple, we saw all the different ways the apple could have become. So what we end up seeing is the different ways that Reed and Sue coul have gone in that picture and then finally the end result. The machine of course captured one of those images and that is how they have the specific powers that they have. You'll notice the man thing Reed is holding the torch Sue's hand.

No, I'm sure it wasn't a man-thing Reed and Torch Sue, as Reed and Sue were at the top, then I think it was Johnny and Victor, then it was Thing and Man-Thing.

I am sure it was.. look again at the characters.. do you think Doom would hold anyone's hands?yet the metallic Sue is holding the Thingish Reed's dand.. also the Metallic Sue has red eyes and Doom doesnt in his metallic form.. im telling you its not that tough..

Very good questions, but again, this is all probably the many variations that these characters could have turned into...

Goodwill said:
Very good questions, but again, this is all probably the many variations that these characters could have turned into...

Isnt that what I have been saying? The phase spaces...

Actually, I think it was just all of their respective selves phasing into one as their powers were being imbued. I think for effect or something it was drawn transparently, so it looks like they have different powers. Just my guess, but Apostle's theory seems just a bit underhanded and overly convoluted. I think Ellis will explain this in a future issue/arc.

Maybe-(and this is just me guessing) when Ellis wrote the script, he could have written something like what DIrishB said. Differrent phases of them going through the N-Zone before they were "spitted" out. And when the artist was drawing that, he just drew one of the phases that looked like Man-thing.

again thats what ive been saying all along.. why lke man thing? because its a character they have the license on..

Man Thing is the gaurdian of the Nexus of Realities in the 616 universe, maybe he is something similar in the UUniverse, so when they travelled through the NZone he saw them/was with them

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's interesting... I didn't know anything about 616 Man-Thing did anyone else catch that??

Yep. He also guarded Franklin Richards during the Heroes Reborn deal when Franklin was protecting the pocket universe for the same reasons.

TheManWithoutFear said:
and no one brought this up before because??

Because it was a bad story and a bad attempt at a reboot. :wink:

UltimateE said:
Because it was a bad story and a bad attempt at a reboot. :wink:

ok fair enough but that's no reason to blow it off... I mean if I'm not mistaken we were all sittin' here wondering why he'd be in that panel at all and no one was like oh remember in 616 when... I mean it's worth talkin about? I'm baffled....

TheManWithoutFear said:
I mean if I'm not mistaken we were all sittin' here wondering why he'd be in that panel at all and no one was like oh remember in 616 when... I mean it's worth talkin about? I'm baffled....
C'mon man. It ain't like everyone knew, or remembered at the time...

Latest posts

Back