Mark Millar officially announces Ultimates Vol. 3

Caduceus said:
The traitor's going to have his family chopped into pieces so he retires in grief or something.

Coooooooool!!!

You know, I know he's said otherwise, but I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Millar back and he agreed to do a 3rd volume. They know they have a good thing going, and it's the creative team that makes this book. They have to know that anyone else just isn't going to cut it. So they pony up some big bucks and keep them around.

I'm not saying he will be back or that he will do Vol. 3, just that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did.

icemastertron said:
How? By saying he's announcing there will be one? I don't see there anywhere that he's writting it.

MWF, were you drunk when you read this....:shifty:
Ice this thread title implies more that it delivers. MWOF, thats the entire point.

UltimateE said:
You know, I know he's said otherwise, but I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Millar back and he agreed to do a 3rd volume. They know they have a good thing going, and it's the creative team that makes this book. They have to know that anyone else just isn't going to cut it. So they pony up some big bucks and keep them around.
That would not surprise me in the least. Fingers crossed too

Caduceus said:
Ice this thread title implies more that it delivers. MWOF, thats the entire point.
It doesn't imply more. The title *clearly* says that MM is announcing that there is officially a third volume to The Ultimates. If people think there's more to it, than that's their fault for misinterpreting the title, not mine. I don't see anything in there that says Mark is writing it or anything.

UltimateE said:
Yeah, same thinking here.

A whole new team?

I wonder if he means more by that than just the writer/author team.

Think he's hinting at most/all of the current members quitting/dying/being bad guys?

SO who knew that Miller and Vaughan didn't get along? Anyone? That supprised me when i read it yesterday. I guess I just assumed that all the Ultimate writers were atleast cordgial to eachother.

And yeah, thread name is deceptive Ice. Don't get so defensive, you knew what you were doing when you typed it.

Here's a thought:

We know that The Ultimates are publicly known, of course, so how do you guys think the public would react to new people?

Baxter said:
SO who knew that Miller and Vaughan didn't get along? Anyone? That supprised me when i read it yesterday. I guess I just assumed that all the Ultimate writers were atleast cordgial to eachother.

It reads to me like they're just having some fun with each other. It really doesn't seem like they actually hate each other.

Also, I loved how Millar says he'll end Ultimates 2 with Peter Parker's hands being cut off so that Bendis is screwed. :lol:

hmmmm, how about Brubaker? the ultimates volumes are basically long story arcs and he's proven in season 1 & 2 of sleeper and authority: revolution (which is the best authority for years people) that he can handle 12-part story arcs.

I honestly can't think of a single person I'd like to see on Ultimates other than Hitllar.

ourchair said:
I don't think Hawkeye should die, because I think there's still another avenue to take the character into at the moment.

Let's face it: Up until now, Hawkeye is the odd man out. He's the one who's managed to put himself under all sorts of undercover ops with Fury in the past (and prior to becoming a big-time super soldier, he ostensibly maintained a public profile as an Olympic archer). But through and through he's the family man caught up in a world gone insane with Nazi shapeshifters and megalomaniacal mutants.

Assuming we're right and Hawkeye's family gets slaughtered, the character can become closer to the edgy argumentative guy we know from 616. Having lost his family, he'll be the guy who always picks fights with the rest of the Ultimates, because he lost the stability of a home life, the peace of domestic comfort. He'd be the guy who'd say "F--- YOU, CAP!" And that's the Hawkeye we know and love.

This are exactly the reason I believe Hawkeye to be the traitor. That, though, is for another thread. ;)

Yeah, but at least they know when to quit, you know? They won't cheapen the book or run out of creative juices like a few writers we're familiar with.

Bass said:
I honestly can't think of a single person I'd like to see on Ultimates other than Hitllar.

Same here.

Jackie Estacado said:
i know what u mean Bass but we have to let him go :(
it's a shame coz Millar and Hitch are a killer creative team - i will miss them both at the end...

It's all right. They'll be on Superman soon, and that'll be great.

You know it's gonna happen.

Hitllar: Hi DC, we'd like to do Superman.
DC: Who are you?
Hitllar: Oh, we're the guys who did The Ultimates 1 and 2, y'know, that top-selling book that is generally considered to be one of, if not, the best superhero book of its time.
DC: Oh and you want to do Superman?
Hitllar: Yes. It'll put you in the number 1 slot.
DC: Well, I think we're making enough money at the moment, so we'll pass.

Hitllar: ...

Hitllar: What?
DC: We can't just milk our fans like a proverbial cash cow. There's ethics to bebwahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry. Even I couldn't keep a straight face. No, yeah, yeah. Of course you can do it. Do you want a new title all to your own?
Hitllar: Well, yeah sure. In continuity or out?
DC: Who gives a ****? We can tear down the continuity and start again.
Hitllar: Aren't you just doing Infinite Crisis?
DC: Yeah, but we can do Ultimate Infinite Crisis if you want.
Hitllar: But Infinite Crisis isn't even out yet...
DC: Will you shut the **** up about Infinite Crisis? It doesn't matter. It's just a marketing ploy to try and take away some of Marvel's profits. If you come aboard, you'll drag a ton of Marvel's audiences with you and so it'll work out okay anyway.
Hitllar: So... you're gonna cancel Infinite Crisis, mid-stream?
DC: Don't care. Oh! Hey! Great idea. How about you do Infinite Superman?
Hitllar: Infinite Superman?
DC: Yeah! Instead of "Ultimate Superman" we replace the "Ultimate" bit and call it "Infinite Superman". It's like, a thousand times better than the Ultimate line, because it's, y'know, Infinite. It can't ever end. We can also have Infinite Batman, Infinite Wonder Woman, Infinite Justice League... no. The Infinites, huh, huh? And so forth. It'll be great.
Hitllar: What about the All-Star line?
DC: You're living in the past Hitllar. Quit living in the past.
Hitllar: Actually... I think I'm living in the present.
DC: Yeah, whatever. I'm off to poach some Marvel talent.
*click*

Hitllar: ....

*ring ring*
Hitllar: Hello?
DC: Hi, this is DC. We just came up with this idea completely in-house; how would you like to spearhead the Infinite line here at DC?
Hitllar: Er... I was just talking to you.
DC: Hahahaha! You're great! So what do you say? It's an all-new continuity.
Hitllar: Like the Ultimate line.
DC: It's totally different to the Ultimate line.
Hitllar: How so?
DC: We changed a word. And no Bendis.
Hitllar: Um... ok. We'll do it. Do we get Superman?
DC: Yeah, whatever you want. We don't care. Basically, we have this machine that counts money.
Hitllar: Oh yeah, Marvel has one of those.
DC: Yeah. Provided you break it with too much money each month we don't care. You can make Superman gay if you want. In 40 years we lose the copyright anyway due to that pesky 100 year rule. So yeah, knock yourselves out. Make him an overweight black single mum or whatever.
Hitllar: Erm... ok.
DC: Sweet. Ok. We'll work out the deal later. Just remember: Infinite. Infinite. Say it with me.
Hitllar: Infinite.
DC: That's my boy. Now **** off and produce some comics that make us money.
Hitllar: Ok...
DC: And don't pretend this isn't how Marvel got you to do the Ultimate line.
Hitllar: Yes, my master.
*cue Empire music*

Last edited:
Bass said:
It's all right. They'll be on Superman soon, and that'll be great.

You know it's gonna happen.

Hitllar: Hi DC, we'd like to do Superman.
DC: Who are you?
Hitllar: Oh, we're the guys who did The Ultimates 1 and 2, y'know, that top-selling book that is generally considered to be one of, if not, the best superhero book of its time.
DC: Oh and you want to do Superman?
Hitllar: Yes. It'll put you in the number 1 slot.
DC: Well, I think we're making enough money at the moment, so we'll pass.

Hitllar: ...

Hitllar: What?
DC: We can't just milk our fans like a proverbial cash cow. There's ethics to bebwahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry. Even I couldn't keep a straight face. No, yeah, yeah. Of course you can do it. Do you want a new title all to your own?
Hitllar: Well, yeah sure. In continuity or out?
DC: Who gives a ****? We can tear down the continuity and start again.
Hitllar: Aren't you just doing Infinite Crisis?
DC: Yeah, but we can do Ultimate Infinite Crisis if you want.
Hitllar: But Infinite Crisis isn't even out yet...
DC: Will you shut the **** up about Infinite Crisis? It doesn't matter. It's just a marketing ploy to try and take away some of Marvel's profits. If you come aboard, you'll drag a ton of Marvel's audiences with you and so it'll work out okay anyway.
Hitllar: So... you're gonna cancel Infinite Crisis, mid-stream?
DC: Don't care. Oh! Hey! Great idea. How about you do Infinite Superman?
Hitllar: Infinite Superman?
DC: Yeah! Instead of "Ultimate Superman" we replace the "Ultimate" bit and call it "Infinite Superman". It's like, a thousand times better than the Ultimate line, because it's, y'know, Infinite. It can't ever end. We can also have Infinite Batman, Infinite Wonder Woman, Infinite Justice League... no. The Infinites, huh, huh? And so forth. It'll be great.
Hitllar: What about the All-Star line?
DC: You're living in the past Hitllar. Quit living in the past.
Hitllar: Actually... I think I'm living in the present.
DC: Yeah, whatever. I'm off to poach some Marvel talent.
*click*

Hitllar: ....

*ring ring*
Hitllar: Hello?
DC: Hi, this is DC. We just came up with this idea completely in-house; how would you like to spearhead the Infinite line here at DC?
Hitllar: Er... I was just talking to you.
DC: Hahahaha! You're great! So what do you say? It's an all-new continuity.
Hitllar: Like the Ultimate line.
DC: It's totally different to the Ultimate line.
Hitllar: How so?
DC: We changed a word. And no Bendis.
Hitllar: Um... ok. We'll do it. Do we get Superman?
DC: Yeah, whatever you want. We don't care. Basically, we have this machine that counts money.
Hitllar: Oh yeah, Marvel has one of those.
DC: Yeah. Provided you break it with too much money each month we don't care. You can make Superman gay if you want. In 40 years we lose the copyright anyway due to that pesky 100 year rule. So yeah, knock yourselves out. Make him an overweight black single mum or whatever.
Hitllar: Erm... ok.
DC: Sweet. Ok. We'll work out the deal later. Just remember: Infinite. Infinite. Say it with me.
Hitllar: Infinite.
DC: That's my boy. Now **** off and produce some comics that make us money.
Hitllar: Ok...
DC: And don't pretend this isn't how Marvel got you to do the Ultimate line.
Hitllar: Yes, my master.
*cue Empire music*
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Genuis. Pure genuis.

I really do wish they made the Infinites!! that would be sweet, but hey All Star is gonna be just as good.....Right?!? :arrgh:

The Infinites sounds familiar. What is it from?

And not Bass' post Ice. :wink:

Latest posts

Back