Mark Millar officially announces Ultimates Vol. 3

Infinites probably sounds like Intimates which soulds like Ultimates. It's all a rich tapestry of plagiarism.

The more I think about it though, the more I think it'd be cool to have an "Infinite" line...

Bass said:
Also, I loved how Millar says he'll end Ultimates 2 with Peter Parker's hands being cut off so that Bendis is screwed. :lol:
Actually, that sounds like an homage to something Bendis said elsewhere. He said that "I am on Ultimate Spider-Man until they fire me. And when they do, I'm going to be like Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing, and chop off both of Peter's arms and say to the next writer, "Good luck fixing THAT!"

Yeah, which I why I loved Millar's line. He's saying he'll cut Peter's hands off during his run on Ultimates which has nothing to do with USM to screw up Bendis now. I find that so malicious, it's funny. I know he's joking, but still.

Also, when did Aaron Sorkin 'cut off a character's hands' or something similar?

Bass said:
Also, when did Aaron Sorkin 'cut off a character's hands' or something similar?
I don't think he ever did. I'm only on the Season 2 DVD set of West Wing, but my impression from Bendis' statement is that when Sorkin had to leave the show at the end of the fourth season, he ended the show with something so cataclysmic that it made the following season premiere difficult to write.

I liked the West Wing for seasons 1 and 2, then it got stupid and flag-wavingly bad and dull. I realise what he means, as season 4 ends *spoiler!* with Zoe kidnapped and the President relinquishing his power to a Republican I believe.

Yeah, that's just way creepy. I skip right to the last page of the thread to see Bass talking about West Wing.

:?

So, who do you think will be follow Millar and Hitch? I would like Hairsine and Ellis to do it... They would be two very capable people, I believe.

Hairsine would, I believe, be terrible to have on Ultimates. His art isn't bad but it takes too long and I'm not certain that his style would fit the tone of Ultimates. That said, the only stuff of his I've seen was Nightmare. I'd really love to see Coipel, Coipiel, Copiel or whatever his name is. I'm having spelling difficulties at them moment but his art...I would really like to see him doing the Ultimates.

Caduceus said:
That said, the only stuff of his I've seen was Nightmare.

You didn't read Ultimate Six?

You have to go big guns on Ultimates - I'd vote for JG Jones or Cassaday. Larocca might be interesting.

Caduceus said:
His art isn't bad but it takes too long

Yes, because Hitch is sooooooo fast.... :D

To be honest, I like Hairsine a lot, but his tone of illustration would fit it depending on who the writer is. I'd love to see Adam Hughes due the interior but that won't happen - neither will Charest or Cho or Quitely... I'm sure they'll get somone good. Maybe the guy (I forget his name for the moment) who's doing such terrific work on Secret at the moment.

I liked Hairsine on UN, but not on U6.

Ellis and Hairsine would make a good combination. Maybe if they got Cassaday then they could reunite the old Planetary team. :wink:

Caduceus said:
Hairsine would, I believe, be terrible to have on Ultimates. His art isn't bad but it takes too long and I'm not certain that his style would fit the tone of Ultimates. That said, the only stuff of his I've seen was Nightmare. I'd really love to see Coipel, Coipiel, Copiel or whatever his name is. I'm having spelling difficulties at them moment but his art...I would really like to see him doing the Ultimates.

You see, I thought Hairsine was just as cinematic as Hitch and could definitely do what he has. While he's still trying to find his handle, I believe Hairsine is coming into his own skill-wise and will most definitely be a great come the next few years.

Coipel, on the other hand, is an excellent artist, but fair less dramatic, I believe than the grittiness of Hairsine.

And I agree with Cad - that grittiness would be inappropriate for Ultimates.

Latest posts

Back