Mark Millar officially announces Ultimates Vol. 3

I think Hairsine's good enough to change the murky, British weather style he has an adapt it to the Ultimates effectively.

UltimateE said:
You have to go big guns on Ultimates - I'd vote for JG Jones or Cassaday. Larocca might be interesting.
J.G. Jones is a great idea: He has a level of detail that matches Hitch without trying to ape its verisimilitude and a level of expression that isn't going for the cartoony stylings of Kubert. All in all, a good set of traits that makes him both "Ultimate" yet distinct from other Ultimate regulars.

As for Hairsine, I'll admit that I made yucky faces all over for his inconsistent portrayals of Peter in Ultimate Six and his murky work in Ultimate Nightmare. But in spite of that, I do think he has promise, he just needs a little more practice --- preferably on NON-Ultimate books. I think his biggest problem is I don't think his art has found a stylistic voice yet.

ourchair said:
J.G. Jones is a great idea: He has a level of detail that matches Hitch without trying to ape its verisimilitude and a level of expression that isn't going for the cartoony stylings of Kubert. All in all, a good set of traits that makes him both "Ultimate" yet distinct from other Ultimate regulars.
Yeah, that would be cool, but as like I mentioned, he's DC exclusive now, and it's not like Marvel is going to wait for his contract to end, or DC letting him do the project.

ourchair said:
He has a level of detail that matches Hitch without trying to ape its verisimilitude

You just made my head blow up. Thanks a lot.

Latest posts

Back