Mark Raxton (spoilers!!!!!)

The Captain

Banned
I got this off another board and my jaw sorta dropped, not just because of the info, but the new price change on all of the comics(2.50!!!)... anyway, there is a new guy coming to ult spidey and i thought id share this and see if anyone would speculate on it (GW do your thing!!)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #78
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Stand-Alone Story!
In the aftermath of their nasty breakup, Peter and MJ must deal with the difficulties of still being in the same classes with friends who are only too helpful in attempting to heal their friends' wounds. Plus, the introduction of a new character into the Ult. Spideyverse—Mark Raxton—friend or foe?
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.50

let the spec begin.....im already assuming he is either a hero or a villain...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMN
In fact, with the warriors arc up next, it would be pretty funny if he turned out to be moon knight

Last edited:
Ok, I may be alone in this but who the holy sack fulla ferrets on crack is Mark Raxton???

Mark Raxton in the 616 universe is the Incredible MOLTEN MAN!.

here's a link:
http://samruby.com/Villains/MoltenMan/molten_man.htm

anyway, the molten man is an intesting case, he began as a foe to Spidey, but soon became a great ally. And a bit of trivia for you Molten Man is Liz Allan's step-brother... Wait a minute, this could be the storyline that reveals why Liz is afraid of mutants. What if her step-bro is a mutant who did some very hurtful things to Liz? Intenionally or unintetionally. I can't wait.

Ultxon said:

here's a link:

anyway, the molten man is an intesting case, he began as a foe to Spidey, but soon became a great ally. And a bit of trivia for you Molten Man is Liz Allan's step-brother... Wait a minute, this could be the storyline that reveals why Liz is afraid of mutants. What if her step-bro is a mutant who did some very hurtful things to Liz? Intenionally or unintetionally. I can't wait.

Interesting.....well there goes my ult moon knight idea....good research by the way....I cant wait for this either...and yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking (about liz and her mutant problems) when i read the sam ruby profile...

kudos!!

Ultxon said:
Mark Raxton in the 616 universe is the Incredible MOLTEN MAN!

Next question: has Bendis finally lost it?

Do you think there is something wrong with the MOLTEN MAN!, E? Aslong as he dosen't walk around and shout "I"M MOLTEN MAN," I'll be happy.

Ultxon said:
Do you think there is something wrong with the MOLTEN MAN!, E? Aslong as he dosen't walk around and shout "I"M MOLTEN MAN," I'll be happy.

There is a chance I may have been being slightly facetious (or completely, take your pick). :D

Ultxon said:

here's a link:

Wow. Another Spidey villain formed in a lab accident with a personal connection to someone close to spidey. How rare.

Honestly, I'd really prefer him to be a mutant. It'd be so much more interesting even if the problems with Liz are predictable, I think it could be a good story.

Caduceus said:
Wow. Another Spidey villain formed in a lab accident with a personal connection to someone close to spidey. How rare.

Honestly, I'd really prefer him to be a mutant. It'd be so much more interesting even if the problems with Liz are predictable, I think it could be a good story.

The first part: This whole title is getting redundant.

The second part: Agreed. I really hope the Liz plot comes to light.

I think the man reason why Ultimate spidey may seem redundant is because it is. since Vol. 1 the whole series has been about how absolute power corrupts absolutly. Except maybe for the exception in Vol. 12, the theme has not changed much.

the incredible ultimate molten man

Guijllons said:
I have to admit that I'm not enjoying Ult. Spidey an awful lot of late. I honestly think it's time for a new writer and artist.

I have mixed feelings for the book myself...but there is so much hype that i cant stop reading even if i dont enjoy one issue...Im usually the first if not the next to be impatiently waiting for the next issue...

Anyone think Mark will be a student at midtown??? or just some lab project (potential) at the roxxon corp???

PS ulxton is real!!!!!

The Captain said:
I have mixed feelings for the book myself...but there is so much hype that i cant stop reading even if i dont enjoy one issue...the first if not the next to be impatiently waiting for the next issue...

Anyone think Mark will be a student at midtown??? or just some lab project (potential) at the roxxon corp???

I bet USM is just better left read in TPB format. That's the problem.

ultimate spider-man : B and C list villains are welcome

TheManWithoutFear said:
I bet USM is just better left read in TPB format. That's the problem.

of course it is, the stories are MADE to connect with each other and the trades do the book justice and allow the not so action oriented issues place to shine...
however....with the way bendis writes, hidden gems every other issue/arc, who is likely to really wait that long (7-10 months) for the trades???

Im considering just getting the issues and selling them once the trades are out...

back to mark....

alloy metal used for his skin...roxxon thrown in usm at random...smells like a setup to me....im still waiting to see what the deal is with the new house pete and aunt may moved to...those repercussions(spelling?) are sure to be more than expected....

Well, I think it should be totally interesting seeing how Raxton fits into the mold. If Millar were to play around with the Molten Man part of the character, I think there may be a chance there's a Roxxon connection... It seems most relevant next to either him being a mutant or Peter's teacher who gets into his business too much... We'll have to see. It's totally up in the air right now.

Salvation Navy

Goodwill said:
Well, I think it should be totally interesting seeing how Raxton fits into the mold. If Millar were to play around with the Molten Man part of the character, I think there may be a chance there's a Roxxon connection... It seems most relevant next to either him being a mutant or Peter's teacher who gets into his business too much... We'll have to see. It's totally up in the air right now.

bout time you got on here.....you need to quit that team and post more...sometimes i feel like leaving ult central when you arent on here......

and what about millar? what does he have to do with this? are you guessing millar will mention roxxon in ultimates?? im thinking its a in house thing (USM) and it may show up in other books later (correct me if i am wrong and it already has) but i have a good feeling that the metal will be tied to roxxon now....especially reading the part about spidey saying he has a fish feeling about the place...

Last edited:
IM looking forward to this. Im not a big fan of Molten Man, but thinking about him in USM...seems pretty cool

I'm flattered, Captain, however, I think in the long run, volleyball's going to help me out more than posting on this site. I need my heart rate up and running so that I can be healthy for most of life. It's science. ;)

Anyway, yeah, I really just threw that together... Since it was talking about school so much, I thought that Rixton would be a student trying to mack it with MJ or a teacher who was noticing Peter and MJ and tried to help out... I don't know.

Latest posts

Back