Marvel Cartoon Discussion

However, I'd like to say that although they were no where near Marvel, the X-Men and especially Spider-Man animated series were absolutely fantastic shows.

Do you mean DC?

Spider-Man: TAS is what really turned me into a huge Spider-Man fan in the first place(I was 5), and all things considered, I'd definitely say it was better than Superman: TAS.

Absolutely agree with this. Superman: The Animated Series is actually kind of sucky.

I enjoyed all Marvel and DC animated series'
EXCEPT:
The Batman
Legion of Superheroes
Fantastic Four (2006)
Spider-man Unlimited (only parts)
Teen Titans

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with this. Superman: The Animated Series is actually kind of sucky.

Select Episodes are good. Most aren't...

But you can watch them... Spidey (which I use to love more than anything in the DCUA) actually hurts to watch now.

Here's a few episodes if you cant remember enough to agree or disagree. (although the Venom episodes are actually pretty decent)

X-Men Animated Series > Spider-Man Animated

Last edited:
X-Men Animated Series > Spider-Man Animated
I always thought for all the warts and flaws that both series had, they were remarkably faithful to the oft-neglected, less popular aspects of the franchise.

For example, what really bothers me about the popular image of Spider-Man NOW, is how they just tend to focus on Peter and MJ, and completely disregard the Archie-like Pals & Gals nature of the early years of the property --- Harry dating MJ, Peter dating Liz, then they switch girls, and Peter used to date Betty Brant all that hoo-ha, girls and boys swapping partners constantly with various parental figures like George Stacy and JJJ and Anna Aunt Watson, etc.

In the animated series, they touch on that by making Peter's social commitments equally ismportant --- to the point of being melodramatic with cheesy telenovela-like music --- such that we get scenes like Harry poking his finger at Peter's chest saying, "HEY PAL, you stole my girl" like he's some kind of wannabe Reggie Mantle.

With the X-Men animated series, they shift focus away from some of the socio-political hoo ha, the angst of being different and towards some of the high concept sci-fi and international intrigue that comes from a world with thousands of superhumans, such that we have episodes involving cosmic crystals, jungle worlds and Colossus and Jubilee trying to overthrow social turmoil in the former Soviet Union, OMG.

I thought Spider-Man and X-Men were both great and I refuse to let any evidence to the contrary dissuade me from that opinion.

I thought Spider-Man and X-Men were both great and I refuse to let any evidence to the contrary dissuade me from that opinion.
Same here.

Also, from Marvel's Q1 2007 numbers, this was posted in an article by Newsarama:

The Fantastic Four animated series will relaunch in June of this year.

The new Spider-Man animated series produced by Sony is "in development" and will air on Kids WB!

Wolverine and the X-Men and Iron Man are both in development with 26, 30 minute episodes scheduled.

The Doctor Strange direct to DVD animated feature is due foir release on August 14th, while Teen Avengers is slated for a July 2008 release.

I liked Spider-man 90's , X-men 90's (though the order they first aired annoyed me) , X-men Evolution , Spider-man mtv and more.

My favourite Marvel cartoon so far though has to be 90's spider-man. It had everything I love. Venom , Secret wars , Man-Spider and more

Wolverine & the X-Men was supposed to start this summer, but maybe it's been pushed back? There hasn't been any other mention about when it starts.

Any news on when The new Spider-Man animated series is due out? I assumed when I first heard it it had to be around time of 3rd movie but i'm wrong

I enjoyed all Marvel and DC animated series'
EXCEPT:
The Batman
Legion of Superheroes
Fantastic Four (2006)
Spider-man Unlimited (only parts)
Teen Titans

I remember thinking Spidey Unlimited was cool when it was on, but I was nine, so I probably didn't know any better. The Batman would be a lot better if it was a bit darker. Some of it works really well as sort of an 'Ultimate Batman', but it's just so Kiddy-Oriented that it never really takes off. I've only seen one episode of Legion and it was mediocre. Every trace of Teen Titans deserves to be decimated.

But you can watch them... Spidey (which I use to love more than anything in the DCUA) actually hurts to watch now.

Here's a few episodes if you cant remember enough to agree or disagree. (although the Venom episodes are actually pretty decent)

A lot of Spidey episodes are very cheesy, watching them today, but Superman was just boring. He wasn't nearly powerful enough and he had a dull, lifeless personality both as Superman and as Clark. Overall, I just thought Timm & Co. dropped the ball with Superman in the DCAU. He was never the old corny boy scout that he was supposed to be. He was probably my least favourite character in JL/(U).

I watched the Venom Saga on that site a few days ago and it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Man-Spider

When he grew the extra four arms (but before he became the man-spider) I thought it was really sweet. There was an action figure out at the time that had Spidey in this state, only there was sleeves for all of the arms and it was just the coolest thing ever, but I never managed to get it.

The only dc or marvel cartoons I hated was

Batman (adam west voice one that was like a cartoon version of the camp live action show)

Batman meets scooby doo - Ok now I like it a little more but as a kid I found this lame

Legion of Superheroes

Iron Man - never liked the character until resonantly with Ultimates and civil war.

Spider-woman

Superman cartoon with Krypto in it.

Super friends

The only dc or marvel cartoons I hated was

Batman (adam west voice one that was like a cartoon version of the camp live action show)

Batman meets scooby doo - Ok now I like it a little more but as a kid I found this lame

Legion of Superheroes

Iron Man - never liked the character until resonantly with Ultimates and civil war.

Spider-woman

Superman cartoon with Krypto in it.

Super friends

I thought Batman Meets Scooby-Doo was the sweetest thing ever when I was younger. Other than that, I never actually saw most of those cartoons until recently.

When he grew the extra four arms (but before he became the man-spider) I thought it was really sweet. There was an action figure out at the time that had Spidey in this state, only there was sleeves for all of the arms and it was just the coolest thing ever, but I never managed to get it.

do you mean the costumes sleeves? because if so that may have been doppelganger

I seem to be the only one who enjoys the Silver Age goodness of LoSH.

:heart: Phantom Girl :heart:

I remember thinking Spidey Unlimited was cool when it was on, but I was nine, so I probably didn't know any better.

No Spiderman Unlimited was good most of the time. Parts of it sucked example: Venom and Carnage's look

Ladies and Gentelmen

I now own.

the entire 5 seasons

thats 65 episodes

of the mid 90's Spider-Man cartoons

Here's the deal...

My...friend is an...um...secret agent who...er, tracks down pirates on the internet and sends them to...eh, prison, where they're guarded by robots with laser guns and what not. What he wants to know is where he can find this site so that he can download all of these eps of Spidey while his parents are away during the summer, and then...submit said episodes to the FBI, thus destroying a lethal pirating ring.

Can you help a brother out?

Here's the deal...

My...friend is an...um...secret agent who...er, tracks down pirates on the internet and sends them to...eh, prison, where they're guarded by robots with laser guns and what not. What he wants to know is where he can find this site so that he can download all of these eps of Spidey while his parents are away during the summer, and then...submit said episodes to the FBI, thus destroying a lethal pirating ring.

Can you help a brother out?

I'm sure Louie will help you on your case. Right after he solves his women problem.

Latest posts

Back