Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

I do agree with Mole. While wyo may not be impressed with it, I liked DoFP's Quicksilver scenes.

I also agree with wyo that Flash has probably explored the super speed angle the best, but it really kind of should.

I still really enjoyed both AoU and DoFP.

I guess I'm just really tired of the dismissive attitude and negativity.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I just wish the criticism were more constructive.

It's easy to complain they didn't "do enough" with a character that's playing little more than a supporting role. Ultimately I think it's a bit unfair and harsh, but that's only my opinion.

That said, I enjoyed DoFP's Quicksilver. I enjoyed AoU's Quicksilver. Would it have been nice to see them do more? Sure. But pragmatically speaking, I think their smaller supporting roles in those two films still afforded the opportunity for some fun super speed scenes. Maybe not terribly revolutionary, but still a lot of fun.

That said, Flash does it best, no question. But it is a series built entirely around the super speed powered hero, with 23 episodes per season (well over 30 in), so to be fair they've had somewhere around 10 times more screen time to explore that one main character versus the 20-30 minutes of a film featuring or focused on Pietro/Wanda.

It is what it is.

Why? Just make a blur and then have whatever he did happen. Is the audience so stupid they won't get that he used his speed?

Well, because it's just boring and uninspired. You yourself said The Flash does it the best and that's because they portray it in a variety of ways and do interesting and visually exciting things using CGI with Barry's speed.

I mean, you'd bore modern audiences to tears, at least regarding a super speed character, by relying only on "blurs". Think about it. I'm not saying they can't do that some, but they need to go beyond just that.

It's nothing to do with the audience's intelligence level, and everything to do with the audience's interest level. Audiences all across the intelligence spectrum would quickly become bored with the blur technique.

Last edited:
I just don't like slow motion in general. I used to have a friend who swore up and down that scene from that one Resident Evil film where they're in the plane or helicopter and the character is diving to the front of it was the greatest scene in any film in the history of films.

I just don't like slow motion in general. I used to have a friend who swore up and down that scene from that one Resident Evil film where they're in the plane or helicopter and the character is diving to the front of it was the greatest scene in any film in the history of films.

I don't even know what scene you're talking about, but I think if your friend is qualifying any scene from the RE film series as the "greatest scene in any film in the history of films", his taste may be more questionable than yours. ;)

I don't even know what scene you're talking about, but I think if your friend is qualifying any scene from the RE film series as the "greatest scene in any film in the history of films", his taste may be more questionable than yours. ;)

Keyword there was "HAD a friend" :p She wanted to be a film maker and that was her favorite series. She said they kept getting better and better.

But... they just got worse and worse...

I was helping her make her dream movie about, wait for it, zombies attacking a mall. There's a reason I was writing her scripts man. In fact, I just about ended up directing the movie myself before we parted ways. She was REALLY basic. We are so off topic now though.

Last edited:
Nice! the netflix shows are still good. Although I thought they were doing all the other's first as Mini-series then defenders then season 2s but I was realised last month I was wrong. Punisher's in too and Electra so that should be fun

Nice! the netflix shows are still good. Although I thought they were doing all the other's first as Mini-series then defenders then season 2s but I was realised last month I was wrong. Punisher's in too and Electra so that should be fun

I think it'll end up playing out like this:

Daredevil - Season 2 (March, 2016)
Luke Cage (Oct/Nov, 2016)
Iron Fist (March/April, 2017)
The Defenders (Oct/Nov, 2017)

And then they can focus on Season 3 of Daredevil and maybe Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist Season 2s in 2018-2019, or just combine them into a Heroes for Hire show after the events of Defenders.

Last edited:
That'd be cool. I love to see blade done netflix style if they have rights back

I'd love to see a Netflix Blade series.

Would be cool if Sony is able to allow Marvel to also maybe do a Morbius series.

And Marvel have rights back to Man-Thing...

I say, after Defenders, why not an MCU version of Midnight Sons? Blade, Morbius, Man-Thing, and maybe... just maybe... Ghost Rider. Think Sons of Anarchy meets flaming skull of vengeance. 0% Nick Cage (though a cameo would be hilariously awesome).

I'd love to see a Netflix Blade series.

Would be cool if Sony is able to allow Marvel to also maybe do a Morbius series.

And Marvel have rights back to Man-Thing...

I say, after Defenders, why not an MCU version of Midnight Sons? Blade, Morbius, Man-Thing, and maybe... just maybe... Ghost Rider. Think Sons of Anarchy meets flaming skull of vengeance. 0% Nick Cage (though a cameo would be hilariously awesome).

Nic Cage should show up as a Ghost Rider fanboy.

nickcage4.jpg

Ghost Rider should be pure grindhouse. They got the tone right with the second film, leave your Kids of Anarchy at home.

As for Man-Thing, him and Howard playing hopscotch around the multiverse would be perfect. Get Neal McDonough back for DDD shinanigans. It'd be perfect.

I was trying to think of what they could doing for these untitled shows. Here's a list of possible shows I think they could do:

She-Hulk (years ago there was a plan of possibly doing a She-Hulk Series)

Ms.Marvel (with the conflict in the Middle-East and retaliation against Muslims in the news and businesses wanting to look all P.C. Ms. Marvel would be a good fit.)

Cloak and Dagger (Many fan-sites have been clambering for this)

Howard The Duck (Ever since he appeared in GotG fans have been wondering if he was getting his own movie or what? And I don't think they would shoot for a new Howard The Duck movie.)

I was trying to think of what they could doing for these untitled shows. Here's a list of possible shows I think they could do:

She-Hulk (years ago there was a plan of possibly doing a She-Hulk Series)

Ms.Marvel (with the conflict in the Middle-East and retaliation against Muslims in the news and businesses wanting to look all P.C. Ms. Marvel would be a good fit.)

Cloak and Dagger (Many fan-sites have been clambering for this)

Howard The Duck (Ever since he appeared in GotG fans have been wondering if he was getting his own movie or what? And I don't think they would shoot for a new Howard The Duck movie.)

Shulk: I'm still upset over the del Toro Hulk project being cancelled and if they do this we need Matt Murdock to show up occasionally. I suppose she could show up in Daredevil alternatively though. Squirrel Girl is popular now though for some reason I don't understand. I was thinking it could be her.

Ms. Marvel: probably would have to come after Captain Marvel due to the character existing purely as a Carol fan girl. Probably the 12 Years a Slave guys project.

Cloak and Dagger: this was actually announced back when Hulk and Jessica Jones was. That was YEARS ago though. Mockingbird was part of that two and it looks like that's finally happening with Most Wanted

Howard the Duck: needs to be Netflix or bust. I want Man-Thing with him. Giving Lucas another shot at a film wouldn't be the worst idea in the world as long as he is only the director.

Hinting at Luke Cage season 1 or Jessica Jones season 2?

It was posted by the Jessica Jones Twitter account.

12553060_886100218155110_4876764529155544088_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back