Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Same reason Scoot McNairy played Jackson Norriss. It's a character only die hard fans would know of or care about. It's neat.

I would argue that it's cool for a cameo/easter egg, but it's weird for a main character. But whatever, I'm sure it will be fine.

Last edited:
It's only weird because we're used to always the same 2-3 characters used as main in the movies and now it's being changed up.

Liz Allen has never been in a Spider-Man movie, Betty Brant has only had small parts. But they're big parts of Spider-Man's early days. Michele Gonzales was Peter's room mate for a while who hated Peter but slept with him one time (and probably with Chameleon disguised as Peter another time.) I always found her an unlikable character who was used awkwardly by the writers. I'm sure she'll be fine in the movie, but she seems like a strange pick to me when there are, in my opinion, better, less obscure chatacters who haven't been used yet.

Liz Allen has never been in a Spider-Man movie, Betty Brant has only had small parts. But they're big parts of Spider-Man's early days. Michele Gonzales was Peter's room mate for a while who hated Peter but slept with him one time (and probably with Chameleon disguised as Peter another time.) I always found her an unlikable character who was used awkwardly by the writers. I'm sure she'll be fine in the movie, but she seems like a strange pick to me when there are, in my opinion, better, less obscure chatacters who haven't been used yet.
Right, but what I said still holds true, regardless of who you think would be a better choice or not.

Right, but what I said still holds true, regardless of who you think would be a better choice or not.

Well, I disagree (and it's alright for us to disagree). It's not just weird because I'm not used to it, Michele Gonzales is an objectively weird choice. Like if they chose to use Big Wheel as the main villain, that would be an odd choice. Some characters don't warrant being used in a movie because they aren't important or interesting characters. But, as I've said, I'm sure they will use her well and it will be fine.

Daredevil Season 2 tomorrow!

Avengers: Infinity War including characters never seen on screen in the MCU

"New characters are going to appear in Avengers: Infinity War," Joe told Forbes in an interview. "It's a big sprawling ambitious movie, it's about as ambitious as movies get and it should be, and the title alone indicates that there will be an incredible scape and scope to it."

That makes sense, as the two Infinity War films will likely serve as a bridge between Phase 3 and Phase 4, since the Avengers actors' contracts mostly end with IW Part 2 as far as I know. It'd make sense to transition a bit by introducing new characters who will then become focus of Phase 4 and onwards in terms of solo films. Hopefully it'll work better in Infinity War than it did for Mutt in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. ;)

Last edited:
Daredevil Season 2 tomorrow!

That makes sense, as the two Infinity War films will likely serve as a bridge between Phase 3 and Phase 4, since the Avengers actors' contracts mostly end with IW Part 2 as far as I know. It'd make sense to transition a bit by introducing new characters who will then become focus of Phase 4 and onwards in terms of solo films. Hopefully it'll work better in Infinity War than it did for Mutt in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. ;)
The film is going to end with Bucky reaching for Cap's shield, and Cap snatching it away at tge last second.

Synopsis for Cloak and Dagger:

"This exciting new series is an adaptation of the beloved Marvel characters aimed squarely at young adults. This live-action interracial romance follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart—but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging."

Latest posts

Back