Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

They were in the Ultimate Universe I believe.

There was so much potential with Ultimate Power Pack.

Peter also didn't go to school with Mary Jane. Professor X only had five students at first. Bucky didn't "die" from falling from a train. Changes happen.

Also...

Yup. They were.

I know, but I would have preferred it to be like 616. I like the idea that they have this very important platonic relationship, especially on Ty's side where he literally needs her to stop himself from becoming a monster of a human being. I'm definitely hyped, but I'm not really as hyped as I could be.

Last edited:
I like the idea that they have this very important platonic relationship, especially on Ty's side where he literally needs her to stop himself from becoming a monster of a human being.

Me too.

I know things change and in a lot of cases it's not a problem, but some changes just make me think if you want to make a big important change, why aren't you creating something new?

I never read a ton of Cloak & Dagger so I'm no expert. But interpersonal relationships like this generally shouldn't be changed.

I wouldn't say this is necessarily a "big" change. But it looks like they're using the basis of the ultimate versions, so it makes sense- teenagers and they're a couple.

Charlie Cox revealed The Defenders begins shooting later this year.

With Iron Fist also filming soon and aiming for release in early 2017 (probably March) we'll probably see The Defenders in late 2017 (maybe September)

He also mentions he's not sure if there will be a Daredevil Season 3, but with success of first two seasons I'd be surprised if Netflix doesn't begin production on a third season after Defenders wraps production.

Last edited:
The Inhumans movie is delayed to an unspecified date:

Feige says the Inhumans movie will happen, it's just a question of how far back it will be delayed.

"Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it's on right now," Feige said in an interview with Collider's Haleigh Foutch. "How far down it shuffles, I'm not sure yet."

Marvel Studios Head Reveals When To Expect Captain Marvel Announcements

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige revealed during the Captain America: Civil War press day that talent announcements are imminent.

"I think we'll be announcing a filmmaker in the next month or two, and probably some cast members later in the summer, at the end of the summer," Feige told Fandango. That timeframe makes a Captain Marvel announcement a very real possibility for this year's San Diego Comic Con.

Feige says the Inhumans movie will happen, it's just a question of how far back it will be delayed.

There seems to be a few people who think it won't happen.

I wonder how Marvel will have to consider marketing this movie considering they are basically competing with X-Men.

Official title and logo:

12993482_932343203530811_4997885944113624497_n.jpg

That doesn't look like a movie title. It looks like a Spider-Man cartoon title.

Michael Keaton in talks with Marvel to play Spider-Man villain.

(Sorry, I'm on my iPad and for some reason it's not letting me copy links. You can check it out at just about any comic book news site. But it really doesn't give you any more information than this.)

Spider-Man: Homecoming adds Robert Downey Jr.

It's official: "Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Tony Stark for Marvel Studios and Sony's joint "Spider-Man" film. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Downey has just closed a deal to appear in "Spider-Man: Homecoming." It is unclear at this time if Downey's deal is just for "Homecoming" or includes multiple other Marvel Cinematic Universe installments.

Latest posts

Back