Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Howard the Duck is the father.

I guess the duck bill was the recessive gene...

Wait a minute... What if Peter Quill's mother is actually Beverly Switzler from the original Howard the Duck film from 1986? Presumably she changed her name to Meredith Quill for some reason and ditched the fame, popped out Howard's kid, and got cancer a few years down the road?

Would explain Meredith's (and by extension Peter's) love of music.

Yeah, it's a stretch. ;)

We'll never see Kang in the MCU because FOX owns him.

Shi'ar I get, but Kang? I mean, not that anyone was really expecting Kang anytime soon or anything, but he's always been linked to the Avengers than Fantastic Four. Like how King Pin is more of a Daredevil villain than Spider-Man.

Thanks Obama...

While he's been linked and used more in Avengers titles, just his origin alone (being an ancestor of Reed and Susan Richards) and the fact he first appeared in a Fantastic Four comic as Rama-Tut before he appeared in an Avengers comic as Kang, makes this no surprise.

Still, Kang would've been an interesting villain to utilize. They could obviously explore the time travel route, alternate timelines, etc, going back and exploring the major turning points in the MCU, etc.

Of course, Marvel may still retain the film rights to Immortus, an alternate future version of Kang. If they were to remove all links to Nathanial Richards (and by extension Kang himself and Reed and Sue Richards) and give him a different identity, Marvel might be able to use him in Kang's place, if they chose to. Then again, maybe not.

I will appreciate a Daredevil movie.
Not the origin story, or not something in Marvel's phases.
Just one stand-alone movie, with a grate story which is not from any comic.

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios Find Their 'Spider-Man' Star and Director

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017. The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios Find Their 'Spider-Man' Star and Director

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017. The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Cool. I've never heard of Tom Holland, but he looks the part and has some acrobatic ability. And I trust Marvel Studios.

I just hope he has that mole removed before they start shooting. The thing's practically hypnotic. I can't stop looking at it...

I just hope he has that mole removed before they start shooting. The thing's practically hypnotic. I can't stop looking at it...

[video=youtube;iCMgoDu3WkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCMgoDu3WkU[/video]
"I have a mole?"

His mole doesn't bother me, but I've noticed that he doesn't have the mole on his chin in some of his pictures so he either had it removed already or makeup covers it up pretty well.

[video=youtube;QEExYuRelbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEExYuRelbg[/video]

ScreenRant: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Auditions Offer Major Potential Villain Reveal

A casting call has apparently revealed a short plot outline for Infinity War Part I:

"[Avengers: Infinity War – Part I] is the first in a two-part sequel in which Thanos plays a major role, along with the Magus. Adam Warlock's bad side, the Magus, separates from his body and assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth's heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil."

So Magus will be a big part of the story, which likely means Adam Warlock will be introduced before that, probably in GotG 2. The same casting call confirms Loki will appear in Infinity War Part 1.

Interesting. Wonder who they'll end up going with...

Kraven may be an obvious choice only since he's likely the most well known Spidey villain that hasn't appeared on film yet (of course neither has Mysterio, or dozens of other lesser known Spidey Rogues).

I do like Feige mentioning they're trying to take a sort of John Hughes approach to this new Spider-Man film, in terms of him balancing his high school life with the insanity he experiences with the mask on.

That sounds like a unique approach that can really work for the character in general, but especially on film.

I think Morbious would work, starts to tie in the supernatural along side Dr. Strange. Could be a High School frenemy, kid smart enough to reverse engineer the Spider Bite but it backfires. Good lead in for others: Blade, Black Cat, Kraven.

Kraven would be cool. I still think a Kraven/Lizard story would be great where Spidey has to stop Lizard, but stop Kraven from killing him too. But Alas, that probably won't happen.

I wouldn't mind an organized crime angle where the mob is hiring/creating powered thugs (maybe even give a nod that there's been a power vacuum since the events of Daredevil). That would be a cool way to introduce B or C list villains. Most of Spider-Man's villains have cool powers that would make for great action, but aren't 3-D enough to be compelling on their own. It could be a cool way to introduce Oscorp too (as the one creating these powered thugs). Of course, that's basically just the Spectacular Spider-Man tv show made into a movie.

I really hope it's not just one of Peter's classmates somehow gets powers too and goes crazy. That would be dumb.

James Gunn just posted the official title of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on his facebook page.

It is...
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Yes, the official title of the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Kevin Feige recently let the title slip while doing Ant-Man press, which I'm really happy about because God knows I've let more than one thing slip accidentally while chattering away on this FB page.

Also, hats off to some intrepid fans who figured out the title a couple of days after I posted the cover page. More than one person guessed "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" - I wanted so badly to give you props at the time, but knew I had to wait.

For Kevin to mess up. Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back