Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm curious how detailed the book ends up being. Will we at least get months (I seriously doubt we get days) or is it all going to go by just years?

I'm curious how detailed the book ends up being. Will we at least get months (I seriously doubt we get days) or is it all going to go by just years?
Probably by years is my guess but idk, the Star Wars Timelines one coming up should give us a good idea of what to expect and how detailed it is

Hey I just wanna throw something in here and see if you guys realize something that's wrong with this. So we all know how time travel works yeah, changes result in branches not permanent changes to the original timeline. Now Ms. Marvel was weird in the way that she time travels back to create events that were already part of her timeline without branching. I noticed, and so have some others, that the Ten Rings, The Bangle and that big ringy engine thing Kang has in Quantumania bare some resemblance. If they are related then this could potentially mean Kang not only has the technology to time travel but to make permanent changes to timelines without branching them. That would explain why Kamala didn't create a branch when she time traveled.

Thoughts comments concerns? I think this could make timelines very messy to make if they start rewriting events and not branching them into new universes lol

Hey I just wanna throw something in here and see if you guys realize something that's wrong with this. So we all know how time travel works yeah, changes result in branches not permanent changes to the original timeline. Now Ms. Marvel was weird in the way that she time travels back to create events that were already part of her timeline without branching. I noticed, and so have some others, that the Ten Rings, The Bangle and that big ringy engine thing Kang has in Quantumania bare some resemblance. If they are related then this could potentially mean Kang not only has the technology to time travel but to make permanent changes to timelines without branching them. That would explain why Kamala didn't create a branch when she time traveled.

Thoughts comments concerns? I think this could make timelines very messy to make if they start rewriting events and not branching them into new universes lol
Don't forget in the comics there are methods of time travel that CAN affect the main timeline. The heroes only discovered the branch method in the MCU thus far.

Well, the Runaways are pretty much the only ones with that knowledge thanks to ancient alien tech.

Don't forget in the comics there are methods of time travel that CAN affect the main timeline. The heroes only discovered the branch method in the MCU thus far.

Well, the Runaways are pretty much the only ones with that knowledge thanks to ancient alien tech.
It's very true but so far the MCU has been pretty specific, especially with Loki, I feel if there were ways of not creating branches (like the disaster method) it would've been mentioned by the TVA. Mobius seemed pretty surprised to learn there were ways around branches. As of right now I feel like the MCU is trying to hammer in branches always happen and then BAM "Kang doesn't need to follow that rule, what a scary big bad" ya know?

It's very true but so far the MCU has been pretty specific, especially with Loki, I feel if there were ways of not creating branches (like the disaster method) it would've been mentioned by the TVA. Mobius seemed pretty surprised to learn there were ways around branches. As of right now I feel like the MCU is trying to hammer in branches always happen and then BAM "Kang doesn't need to follow that rule, what a scary big bad" ya know?
How do you know the TVA isn't now aware of this method and destroying fully-developed timelines/universes + working to change the main timeline under Kang's rule; when under "He Who Remains"'s he was more merciful and just had them 'reset' branches? Don't forget these TVA agents are brainwashed variants from pruned branches and only knowledgable of what's given to them.

Be patient and wait for more info.

How do you know the TVA isn't now aware of this method and destroying universes under Kang's rule when under "He Who Remains"'s he was more merciful and just had them 'reset' branches? Don't forget these TVA agents are brainwashed variants from pruned branches are only knowledgable of what's given to them.

Be patient and wait for more info.
I don't know, it's true but I'm not concerned with what the TVA knows now under Kang's rule, I'm concerned with why they didn't know about it under HWR rule. Remember HWR wasn't concerned with branches specifically, he was concerned with branches that could lead to Kang. If there were methods of time travel that could lead to Kang without creating branches that's something HWR would prevent through the TVA. That's why it makes sense that Kang is the only one who can do it. Like you said, the TVA knows what HWR tells them about time travel, so if they needed to be aware of it they would be. But if the secret of branches time travel remains only with variants of Kang like HWR, of which he's the only one, then they wouldn't need to be aware.

If Kang is the only one who can change events without creating branches then the TVA doesn't need to know cause Kang doesn't exist except for HWR, thanks to HWR. If other people can do it then they'd need to know to effectively stop Kang's from potentially appearing. If branchless time travel was possible before Loki we'd know about it. There's a reason Kamala could do it and there's a reason the TVA doesn't know about it (unless Marvel just really doesn't care about that inconsistency which I doubt). This explains both.

TL;DR if Kang and his tech are the only ones that can time travel without branches and HWR is the only variant of them that's time travelling until his death then the TVA doesn't need to know. If the Bangle is Kang tech as the design seems to imply then this explains A. why Kang is such a threat to time B. why Kamala can perform branchless time travel and C. why the TVA (and by extension the audience as they're the way we were informed of the rules largely after Endgame) was kept unaware of it cause they didn't need to know.

I don't know, it's true but I'm not concerned with what the TVA knows now under Kang's rule, I'm concerned with why they didn't know about it under HWR rule. Remember HWR wasn't concerned with branches specifically, he was concerned with branches that could lead to Kang. If there were methods of time travel that could lead to Kang without creating branches that's something HWR would prevent through the TVA. That's why it makes sense that Kang is the only one who can do it. Like you said, the TVA knows what HWR tells them about time travel, so if they needed to be aware of it they would be. But if the secret of branches time travel remains only with variants of Kang like HWR, of which he's the only one, then they wouldn't need to be aware.

If Kang is the only one who can change events without creating branches then the TVA doesn't need to know cause Kang doesn't exist except for HWR, thanks to HWR. If other people can do it then they'd need to know to effectively stop Kang's from potentially appearing. If branchless time travel was possible before Loki we'd know about it. There's a reason Kamala could do it and there's a reason the TVA doesn't know about it (unless Marvel just really doesn't care about that inconsistency which I doubt). This explains both.

TL;DR if Kang and his tech are the only ones that can time travel without branches and HWR is the only variant of them that's time travelling until his death then the TVA doesn't need to know. If the Bangle is Kang tech as the design seems to imply then this explains A. why Kang is such a threat to time B. why Kamala can perform branchless time travel and C. why the TVA (and by extension the audience as they're the way we were informed of the rules largely after Endgame) was kept unaware of it cause they didn't need to know.
We're both assuming HWR's intentions and I feel like we should again wait for Loki season 2 to see if they answer that.
Beyond that, I'm sure there are certain things Kang still needs to bring about main timeline changes.

We're both assuming HWR's intentions and I feel like we should again wait for Loki season 2 to see if they answer that.
Beyond that, I'm sure there are certain things Kang still needs to bring about main timeline changes.
Well I mean it's not really assuming, he explains his intentions in the finale about hiding the truth of the Multiversal War from the TVA and keeping the rise of Kang from happening. It's why he founded the TVA and made the Sacred Timeline. We also know the TVA cant track time travel unless it branches otherwise Sylvie would've been found beforehand. I am however assuming he knows it's possible and that he hid the fact that time travel can happen without branches and kept it on need to know since they didn't need to know because only he (and his at the time non existent variants) know.

That being said obviously we should wait for Quantumania, Loki S02 and whatever else will deal with this stuff before we say for sure. It's just a theory as to why Kamala can time travel without creating branches and why the TVA would've been unaware of that possibility under HWR.

Well I mean it's not really assuming, he explains his intentions in the finale about hiding the truth of the Multiversal War from the TVA and keeping the rise of Kang from happening. It's why he founded the TVA and made the Sacred Timeline. We also know the TVA cant track time travel unless it branches otherwise Sylvie would've been found beforehand. I am however assuming he knows it's possible and that he hid the fact that time travel can happen without branches and kept it on need to know since only he knows.

That being said obviously we should wait for Quantumania, Loki S02 and whatever else will deal with this stuff before we say for sure. It's just a theory as to why Kamala can time travel without creating branches and why the TVA would've been unaware of that possibility under HWR.
Again, retroactively, his further intentions pertaining to new information not previously given to us as an audience is all assumption.
It's a gap that hasn't been filled yet between this and how Kang plans to do it his own way.

I fully expect this to be explained.

Latest posts

Back