Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Do we have a list of all the universes Across the Spider-Verse connects with?

I have:
  • MCU
  • Andrew Garfield's universe
  • The Venom universe
  • Tobey Maguire's universe
  • The comics 616 universe
  • The Spectacular Spider-Man universe
  • The Spider-Man Unlimited universe
  • The Insomniac universe
  • The 60's Spidey TV show universe
  • All the universes introduced in the Spider-Verse titles

Are there any that I have missed? I'm pretty sure the Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game universe had a reference.

Do we have a list of all the universes Across the Spider-Verse connects with?

I have

• MCU
  • The Venom universe
  • The Insomniac universe
Are there any that I have missed? I'm pretty sure the Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game universe had a reference.
Technically the Lego Universe has appeared in other media as well.

I hear the Spider-Man from the 2000 game was in there but I didn't see them so I can't confirm myself.

Videoman from the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends show was the villain in the cell beside Insomiac Spider-Man so that connects that series as well

Aside from that I think you got them all

• MCU
  • The Venom universe
  • The Insomniac universe
  • Atari Green Goblin was the one in the cell besides PS4 Spider-Man and Videoman, so Spider-Man for Atari

I pretty much agree with this. I don't thing Feige wants the comics (besides tie ins) connected to the MCU, and frankly, neither do I.

Also, there were still people out there that still thought Iron Man 1 and 2 are only 6 months apart? I think they'll use something like our timelines has for between IM 1 & 2- Six months after Vanko finished his Whiplash suit, which took at least a year or two.

Guys Marvel Comics>Marvel Studios. Kevin Feige can Say wathever he want, but if Marvel Comics says otherwise, then they are the correct One. They have a higher canonicity level. Replyed to wrong commenti, Sorry.

Like I said I don't disagree with you and I do think it's all the same Multiverse, I do however also think that all this evidence comes from materials not produced by Marvel Studios. There's no doubt that the Comics Multiverse connects to the MCU, my issue is how the MCU is going to reciprocate that connection back ever since Feige made the very specific decision of making the MCU Earth-616 and not Earth-199999 especially doubling down on that after the interview Iman Vellani had. Again I don't think you're wrong cause you're not, I just am not confident enough to say Feige feels the same way.
This is the One.

This is the One.
The issue is Marvel Studios isn't connected technically to Marvel Comics, they don't have any pull on what they do in the films. Marvel Comics is a division of the larger Marvel Entertainment like Marvel Games is now, whereas Marvel Studios is a direct subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company separate from the Comic publishing company and Marvel Entertainment as of like 2015 I think. They're more like sister companies and this makes connections going forward a little more difficult.

Now again you're 100% the MCU is part of the comics Multiverse because the comics say so, that's just a fact there's connections between the two. The issue is how none of the connections come right from Marvel Studios projects, it's all through something else like how Pro Bot pointed out the Insomiac Comic Spider-Man mentioned Spider-Geddon and he was in AtSV which mentioned the MCU therefore they are connected, they're not wrong. But from the MCU's end they're specifically making distinctions between them. Now again I want to make it clear I'm not saying the MCU isn't part of the Marvel Comics Multiverse, I'm saying in the future if Marvel Studios continues this way they'll likely cause more contradictions than connections and that can make things difficult.

Right now there's nothing that can't be spun to easily say they're still part of the same Multiverse. However when two different companies are making products set in the same multiverse and one actively seems to want to retcon themselves out of that multiverse eventually it could happen. And the thing some people don't get is Marvel Studios is not under Marvel Entertainment or Marvel Comics and if they choose to separate themselves from the Comic Multiverse officially they absolutely can. I'm not saying they have or they will, just that they've made some suspicious choices and the connections to the Comics Multiverse are very one sided.

TL;DR Yeah they're connected but saying Marvel Comics/Entertainment > Marvel Studios is incorrect and if Marvel Studios says otherwise Marvel Comics couldn't say they're wrong cause the MCU isn't their product.

The issue is Marvel Studios isn't connected technically to Marvel Comics, they don't have any pull on what they do in the films. Marvel Comics is a division of the larger Marvel Entertainment like Marvel Games is now, whereas Marvel Studios is a direct subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company separate from the Comic publishing company and Marvel Entertainment as of like 2015 I think. They're more like sister companies and this makes connections going forward a little more difficult.

Now again you're 100% the MCU is part of the comics Multiverse because the comics say so, that's just a fact there's connections between the two. The issue is how none of the connections come right from Marvel Studios projects, it's all through something else like how Pro Bot pointed out the Insomiac Comic Spider-Man mentioned Spider-Geddon and he was in AtSV which mentioned the MCU therefore they are connected, they're not wrong. But from the MCU's end they're specifically making distinctions between them. Now again I want to make it clear I'm not saying the MCU isn't part of the Marvel Comics Multiverse, I'm saying in the future if Marvel Studios continues this way they'll likely cause more contradictions than connections and that can make things difficult.

Right now there's nothing that can't be spun to easily say they're still part of the same Multiverse. However when two different companies are making products set in the same multiverse and one actively seems to want to retcon themselves out of that multiverse eventually it could happen. And the thing some people don't get is Marvel Studios is not under Marvel Entertainment or Marvel Comics and if they choose to separate themselves from the Comic Multiverse officially they absolutely can. I'm not saying they have or they will, just that they've made some suspicious choices and the connections to the Comics Multiverse are very one sided.

TL;DR Yeah they're connected but saying Marvel Comics/Entertainment > Marvel Studios is incorrect and if Marvel Studios says otherwise Marvel Comics couldn't say they're wrong cause the MCU isn't their product.
If Marvel Comics/entertainment goes bankrupt, Marvel Studios Will follow shortly.

I'm choosing to picture it like so.

The Marvel multiverses are divided like bubbles. In the MCU bubble, there is the MCU earth, but also Venom's earth, and others we've seen in the MCU. In another bubble, for example, there may be the Capcom X-Men games, and the Spider-Man Atari game. In another, the comics, and all their multiverse connections. I also think this means that while the comics may acknowledge the MCU as a universe, they may only be referring to the version of the MCU that exists within their bubble. However, events such as Across the Spider-Verse exist in an all-encompassing bubble. So Spot can go into Venom, but he can also go into the comics and he can go into the Atari and so on, without having to actually be a part of these multiverses. If there's any inconsistencies… I don't remember much from ATSV, I need to see it again.

No they won't, again they are two completely separate subsidiaries of The Walt Disney Company as of 2015.
You're right, but it's also changed since then. Marvel Studios was a division of Marvel Entertainment, and was moved out from under them in 2015 to be a separate subsidiary. But in 2019, Marvel Entertainment was brought under Marvel Studios, so Dan Buckley (president of Marvel Entertainment) reports to Kevin Feige now. Marvel Comics is just another division of Marvel Entertainment.

You're right, but it's also changed since then. Marvel Studios was a division of Marvel Entertainment, and was moved out from under them in 2015 to be a separate subsidiary. But in 2019, Marvel Entertainment was brought under Marvel Studios, so Dan Buckley (president of Marvel Entertainment) reports to Kevin Feige now. Marvel Comics is just another division of Marvel Entertainment.
Yes you're right that's on me. If I understand it tho after a quick read that's when Marvel Television and Marvel Animation were moved under Marvel Studios but Marvel Entertainment remains separate just under Feige as CCO

Edit: So it's Marvel Studios with Marvel Television and Animation as subsidiaries with Feige as President and then Marvel Entertainment with Comics and Games as subsidiaries and Feige as CCO. If they were the same he'd just be president if them all. Either way there isn't a "higher canon level" than Feige now

Last edited:
GMA had a clip from Secret Invasion where Hill says that Fury was gone a "few years". I still think there's a chance Marvel considers it to be 2026. While not 100% confirmation, I feel like she would have said a "couple of years" if it was 2025. (October 2023- Nick returns from the Blip, November 2025- Secret Invasion). Also, it's been a year in real-time since Ms. Marvel aired, who's to say it hasn't also been a year in-universe and that The Marvels also takes place a year later. I'm not going to be surprised if Disney + were to place the series after Quantumania.

Does anyone have Captain Marvel: Starforce Mission Log as a digital file and willing to share it?
I've read it contains references to Starforce on the rise, so it might be interesting to put on the timeline.

Also, I dunno how many of you watch Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, but there are direct ties to the MCU in it.

Also, I dunno how many of you watch Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, but there are direct ties to the MCU in it.
Such as? I know there's a couple actors that reprise roles like Smulders and Fishburne as Maria Hill and Bill Foster. But is there anything specific that directly ties?

Such as? I know there's a couple actors that reprise roles like Smulders and Fishburne as Maria Hill and Bill Foster. But is there anything specific that directly ties?
1.) As a potential branch of the MCU I guess.
2.) In terms of references, Sam Wilson's Captain America (MCU version) appears towards the end of season one.
3.) Most importantly, I was mainly baiting Pro Bot (no hard feelings btw bro lol) and to get this thread updated again.

I'm well-aware of the references. It is not part of Earth-199999 however. I follow official word, and official word is that this show isn't connected.

Latest posts

Back