Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I agree, while I don't think the ONLY way the line works is if Jane as still alive as, when comparing various things of the present and past usually only one tense is used. (For example: Putin is an ashsole, and Hitler, well he just sucks amiright). I think that considering the tense of a quick throwaway line as a character is approaching for timeline info is just ridiculous. Either way LaT being in 2024 or 2025 Jane is still dead before She-Hulk. I don't think there's anything substantial there that warrants a change to LaT placement here and no matter what way you look at it She-Hulk is still in 2025.
Agreed.

SHE-HULK FINALE SPOILERS:
Considering the stuff that was in the She-Hulk finale with KEVIN altering the MCU, I'm a bit more accepting of recasting, even if they would just rather not recast at all. I think I might use KEVIN as a means to explain away any inconsistencies like that in the future.

SHE-HULK FINALE SPOILERS:
Considering the stuff that was in the She-Hulk finale with KEVIN altering the MCU, I'm a bit more accepting of recasting, even if they would just rather not recast at all. I think I might use KEVIN as a means to explain away any inconsistencies like that in the future.
Well, from that point of view in-universe it makes sense now, but i really don't think it's a good idea, i mean, Harrison Ford is older than William Hurt was, what will happen if he passes away before the shooting begins? Also, why recast Ross and not T'Challa? I love the actor but i don't think it's such a nice idea

Well, from that point of view in-universe it makes sense now, but i really don't think it's a good idea, i mean, Harrison Ford is older than William Hurt was, what will happen if he passes away before the shooting begins? Also, why recast Ross and not T'Challa? I love the actor but i don't think it's such a nice idea
Well I mentioned the hypocrisy in casting T'Challa and not Ross on Reddit and got downvoted into oblivion! The reasoning I got was because T'Challa was much more impactful and meant more to audiences. Still, let's just not recast just for consistency's sake. Also, Ross was in more films than T'Challa! Also you make a good point about Ford being 80. I'm assuming he's still fit seeing as he's filming Indiana Jones right now. The thing with Red Hulk is that once he transforms, they don't really have to use the actor again if they don't want to.

Well I mentioned the hypocrisy in casting T'Challa and not Ross on Reddit and got downvoted into oblivion! The reasoning I got was because T'Challa was much more impactful and meant more to audiences. Still, let's just not recast just for consistency's sake. Also, Ross was in more films than T'Challa! Also you make a good point about Ford being 80. I'm assuming he's still fit seeing as he's filming Indiana Jones right now. The thing with Red Hulk is that once he transforms, they don't really have to use the actor again if they don't want to.
I'll bet he's in one film in human form and then he'll just voice Red Hulk until he's taken care of.

Yeah I know it's an unpopular opinion but I really do think, in expanded franchises such as Marvel, deceased actors should be recast. The actors are not the characters themselves, they shouldn't let everything that they are die with them. It's very tragic what happened with both Boseman and Hurt of course, but the characters should live on.

Yes, I agree. But I thought the opposite about Fast and the Furious and Paul Walker. I thought Furious 7 should have killed off Walker's character while he was trying to protect his wife and child or something.

Yeah I know it's an unpopular opinion but I really do think, in expanded franchises such as Marvel, deceased actors should be recast. The actors are not the characters themselves, they shouldn't let everything that they are die with them. It's very tragic what happened with both Boseman and Hurt of course, but the characters should live on.
I think it depends. Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa had a cultural impact on a number of people and there would have probably been more backlash if they recast the role. While Hurt as Ross on the other hand was more of a side character who let's be honest, probably didn't have a huge fanbase. I for one am glad they're addressing the elephant in the room and choosing to honor Chadwick by retiring the character (for this iteration at least) with him and allowing the grief experienced by those behind the scenes to be felt on screen and act as a tribute to both the character and the amazing actor behind him.

So Ford is replacing William Hurt... i don't know how to feel about this
I do. It's fine, recasts are fine. I've never had a problem with them. They could have recast any deceased actor and I would not have an issue.

Chadwick would have never said that no one else can play Black Panther but him. William Hurt would not have had an issue with Harrison Ford taking over. This idea that it is taboo is all in our heads, but really none of them would have minded.

People love Brandon Routh Superman, yet he plays the same Superman that the deceased Christopher Reeve played. Christopher Reeve Superman is arguably more culturally significant as a whole than ANY other superhero movie character.

Even if Robert Downey Jr. passed away, I would recast. It doesn't matter who it is, I just think recasts are perfectly acceptable.

I don't know, if this was already discussed, but Marvel placed Spider-Man: Far Frome Home between The Falcon & The Winter Soldier and Shang-Chi on the Disney+Timeline…
I really think they're ignoring the real life date of the Qingming Festival and are going off the July event posters on the bus. It's really no different than what they did with the Signal Festival in FFH (October event in July) and Eid al-Adha in Ms. Marvel (June event in September). It's like they want to include these cultural events for representation without caring if it lines up timeline wise. If they do see Shang-Chi as July, their timeline would make more sense.

ev-content-thumb293.png

EDIT: And now it's been released worldwide: https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/spider-man-no-way-home-extended-edition-digital

It's not Blu Ray, but at least there now is a way to preserve this cut of the movie in HD if you know where to look. It's the definitive version of the movie, if you ask me.

Last edited:
I really think they're ignoring the real life date of the Qingming Festival and are going off the July event posters on the bus. It's really no different than what they did with the Signal Festival in FFH (October event in July) and Eid al-Adha in Ms. Marvel (June event in September). It's like they want to include these cultural events for representation without caring if it lines up timeline wise. If they do see Shang-Chi as July, their timeline would make more sense.
That just makes them even more unreliable when trying to place events.

That just makes them even more unreliable when trying to place events.
But it's the productions themselves that are contradictory. Disney + just lines up with them. I'm sure if there was more evidence, we'd ignore the Qingming Festival date for Shang-Chi the same way we do for Far From Home and Ms. Marvel.

But it's the productions themselves that are contradictory. Disney + just lines up with them. I'm sure if there was more evidence, we'd ignore the Qingming Festival date for Shang-Chi the same way we do for Far From Home and Ms. Marvel.
That's fair, by "them" I did mean Marvel in general this time and not Disney+.

And I know this is weird and probably just me but I find Shang-Chi and the Qingming Festival being used as placement more substantial than FFH and Ms. Marvel having events at the wrong times as in those projects the events have absolutely no importance to the overall plot ya know. Where as in Shang-Chi the only entrance to Ta Lo only opens on the start of the Qingming Festival. That makes it more substantial and anything that uses Ta Lo must continue with that, a piece of MCU lore is tied to that festival. So using its date is more accurate to me than FFH and Ms. Marvel, ya know what I'm saying? But that's just me and I totally get why people wouldn't agree.

That's fair, by "them" I did mean Marvel in general this time and not Disney+.

And I know this is weird and probably just me but I find Shang-Chi and the Qingming Festival being used as placement more substantial than FFH and Ms. Marvel having events at the wrong times as in those projects the events have absolutely no importance to the overall plot ya know. Where as in Shang-Chi the only entrance to Ta Lo only opens on the start of the Qingming Festival. That makes it more substantial and anything that uses Ta Lo must continue with that, a piece of MCU lore is tied to that festival. So using its date is more accurate to me than FFH and Ms. Marvel, ya know what I'm saying? But that's just me and I totally get why people wouldn't agree.
I agree 100%. I just wish that if Marvel's going to include these events, they should have it all line up. As is it comes off lazy.

Last edited:
From a purely narrative standpoint, I like packing as much as possible before FFH.

Not that it saves it from being a turd of a movie, but it really rubbed me the wrong way how they basically open the movie by making a joke out of the snap and the big showdown with Thanos. Whereas everything else that deals with the aftermath at least attempts to take it seriously.

From a purely narrative standpoint, I like packing as much as possible before FFH.

Not that it saves it from being a turd of a movie, but it really rubbed me the wrong way how they basically open the movie by making a joke out of the snap and the big showdown with Thanos. Whereas everything else that deals with the aftermath at least attempts to take it seriously.
If a project makes it clear, then sure. But how FFH handled the snap has no effect on the timeline.

I do. It's fine, recasts are fine. I've never had a problem with them. They could have recast any deceased actor and I would not have an issue.

Chadwick would have never said that no one else can play Black Panther but him. William Hurt would not have had an issue with Harrison Ford taking over. This idea that it is taboo is all in our heads, but really none of them would have minded.

People love Brandon Routh Superman, yet he plays the same Superman that the deceased Christopher Reeve played. Christopher Reeve Superman is arguably more culturally significant as a whole than ANY other superhero movie character.

Even if Robert Downey Jr. passed away, I would recast. It doesn't matter who it is, I just think recasts are perfectly acceptable.
I recently got removed from a certain social group out there for this discussion. Everyone on that site is behind the Chadwick memory being honored this way and didn't give a hoot about the recasting of Ross. I don't mind recasting especially with a franchise that has been running this long, but it will never sit right with me how they made that call about Chadwick. To me its about the characters that inspire us more than it is the actor playing the role. In 25 years, there will be a post on some forum asking "why didn't they just recast him then?" because by then it'll be well past the point of it even mattering.

I tried to explain to someone how characters inspire us and I pointed to SDCC to prove that point. I said do you see Harrison Ford cosplay or Indiana Jones? Gary Oldman or Dracula? Keanu Reeves or Neo? Chadwick or Panther? The list goes on. By killing the character in the film they made the choice that only Chadwick can be T'Challa. Only Chadwick can inspire people. No other actor is allowed to be that inspiration.

Latest posts

Back