Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

yeah, seems like the perfect opportunity to leave the franchise. I did that with Stephen Moffat leaving Dr Who as well, given it was such a big change in creative teams I could just go "great I can stop watching now" after being a HUGE Dr who fan
As a fellow Whovian, I can honestly say that now Russell T. Davis is back as showrunner, it's going to get good again, especially after how mixed Chibnall's era was.

As a fellow Whovian, I can honestly say that now Russell T. Davis is back as showrunner, it's going to get good again, especially after how mixed Chibnall's era was.
it looks interesting but its not about how good its going to be, its about how much of my brainspace being a Whovian took up. I mean, I watched every available episode of the show (including classic era) and then began trying to read all the comics, novels listen to all the audio plays. I had a really boring job at the time and I would just kill time by sketching out timeline orders on the back of receipts between customers.

whenever I think about getting back into Dr Who these days I just find myself feeling incredibly stressed thinking about all that stuff again, I just get a bit obsessive

Yeah I'm getting back to the series now. Stopped after the 12th, not because I was interested in the new Doctor but because I moved out and it was a family thing and never got to watching it myself and the poor reception never got me interested in going back. But with Davies returning I'm rewatching the New era for the 60th, just finished 11th (my personal favorite). Looking forward to the future and seeing what's up with the 13th and the controversy there.

Yeah I'm getting back to the series now. Stopped after the 12th, not because I was interested in the new Doctor but because I moved out and it was a family thing and never got to watching it myself and the poor reception never got me interested in going back. But with Davies returning I'm rewatching the New era for the 60th, just finished 11th (my personal favorite). Looking forward to the future and seeing what's up with the 13th and the controversy there.
Honestly, I'm someone who thinks that every Doctor is good, but the writers/showrunners can often screw them over. Case in point, Colin Baker's Doctor wasn't a popular one on TV, but thanks to the expanded novels and Big Finish audio stories, he's been vindicated.

The same can apply to Jodie Whittaker's Doctor. She has potential, but her tenure had to have a showrunner that, in my opinion, wasn't that good, not to mention also doing a really rubbish plot twist over the Doctor being responsible for the Time Lord's regenerative abilities as the Timeless Child, which came off as a twist solely for shock value. That said, her final episode (Power of the Doctor) was definitely an amazing episode, and seeing them bring back the older companions and Doctors...

Honestly, I'm someone who thinks that every Doctor is good, but the writers/showrunners can often screw them over. Case in point, Colin Baker's Doctor wasn't a popular one on TV, but thanks to the expanded novels and Big Finish audio stories, he's been vindicated.

The same can apply to Jodie Whittaker's Doctor. She has potential, but her tenure had to have a showrunner that, in my opinion, wasn't that good, not to mention also doing a really rubbish plot twist over the Doctor being responsible for the Time Lord's regenerative abilities as the Timeless Child, which came off as a twist solely for shock value. That said, her final episode (Power of the Doctor) was definitely an amazing episode, and seeing them bring back the older companions and Doctors...
That's totally fair. The clips I've seen of her all seem good, but most of the complaints I've seen, like you said, come from story not the portrayal of the Doctor

Can this convo please be taken to a different thread so we can keep this MCU focused?
Isn't Doctor Who technically set in the Marvel Multiverse?

Same with Kevin Smith's universe and Ren & Stimpy (by extension all of the Nicktoons from Chalkzone to Sanjay & Craig) lmao

Isn't Doctor Who technically set in the Marvel Multiverse?

Same with Kevin Smith's universe and Ren & Stimpy (by extension all of the Nicktoons from Chalkzone to Sanjay & Craig) lmao
Also the main Transformers universe (not a variant, not a crossover universe like the Amalgam Universe, but the MAIN Transformers universe) is set in the Marvel Multiverse (in addition to being its multiverse main universe)

Also the main Transformers universe (not a variant, not a crossover universe like the Amalgam Universe, but the MAIN Transformers universe) is set in the Marvel Multiverse (in addition to being its multiverse main universe)
Right I forgot about that. Are there any other things like that where just a straight up other franchise has a universe in the Marvel Multiverse?

Right I forgot about that. Are there any other things like that where just a straight up other franchise has a universe in the Marvel Multiverse?
There was a Marvel/Phineas & Ferb crossover canon to Phineas & Ferb. So probably Phineas & Ferb/Milo Murphy's Law shared universe is a marvel universe.

Transformers doesn't have a main continuity. Anyway both the USA and UK Marvel Transformers are set in the marvel multiverse.

Transformers doesn't have a main continuity. Anyway both the USA and UK Marvel Transformers are set in the marvel multiverse.
Well, nothing new gets released in the old universes, but is clear that Marvel USA Transformers comics and the 1984 TV Show realities are the "core" of their multiverse.

Transformers has the 7 continuity COLUMN which are the seven main universes of which the omniverse creates variants. And are:

1) American G1 cartoon
2) USA Marvel Comics
3) IDW Hasbroverse
4) Robots in Disguise Cartoon (2001) [I don't knnow why they choose this over the Unicron Trilogy]
5) Animated
6) Main Bayverse universe
7) Aligned Continuity

Last edited:
As of right now there's around 3000 listed reality numbers for Marvel's multiverse out of potentially 10s or 100s of thousands.

If you were to look at that as essentially the pop culture multiverse, sans DC which borders it but not the same multiverse(s), then anything we've mentioned thus far is an Earth that will never be numbered due to legal reasons; but is 'out there'.

TBH don't worry about it. Marvel can't confirm stuff like that.

It's actually weirder than that. It's the Earth for the Daredevil movie that was being made within the View Askewniverse. In other words, it's fiction within fiction.

Aliens vs Predator is listed as Earth-94415 due to Wolverine's skeleton appearing in Alien/Predator: Deadliest of the Species. There's also an ongoing comics crossover between Predator and Wolverine. Next time you watch Predator (1987), just remember that Wolverine is hanging out in a bar somewhere, lol.

yeah, seems like the perfect opportunity to leave the franchise. I did that with Stephen Moffat leaving Dr Who as well, given it was such a big change in creative teams I could just go "great I can stop watching now" after being a HUGE Dr who fan
If you believe the rumor mill, after Secret Wars is mutants. My opinion though is that they really shouldn't be going this route with the multiverse. I get why they are doing it, but these characters and actors had their time in the sun, and we moved on to the coherent connected universe of the MCU which was so good that it left them all in the dust. Now we have a possible Endgame 2 with all these long lost actor/heroes which means it's likely that the multiverse heroes we have been setting up with since 2021 are going to get shafted in Kang Dynasty with a loss only to be outshined when the mutants take center stage in Phase 7. I could be very wrong here, but it just feels like they are trying to hook old school fans instead of forging ahead with new fans like they did back in Phase 1.

If you believe the rumor mill, after Secret Wars is mutants. My opinion though is that they really shouldn't be going this route with the multiverse. I get why they are doing it, but these characters and actors had their time in the sun, and we moved on to the coherent connected universe of the MCU which was so good that it left them all in the dust. Now we have a possible Endgame 2 with all these long lost actor/heroes which means it's likely that the multiverse heroes we have been setting up with since 2021 are going to get shafted in Kang Dynasty with a loss only to be outshined when the mutants take center stage in Phase 7. I could be very wrong here, but it just feels like they are trying to hook old school fans instead of forging ahead with new fans like they did back in Phase 1.
I thought the same about the Multiverse, but it would feel kind of what the DCEU did with thw Multiverse, they released The Flash and then they are rebooting everything (and it loooks like the Multiverse is going to have to wait)

Latest posts

Back