Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

Guys, but wasn't the book made with on-screen dates? Now some of them can be ignored? WTF??
There's dates that obviously can't work. For example, The Winter Solider having an October 2013 date during Batroc's interrogation or Iron Man 2 having February 2009 dates on Tony's computer screen. Those behind the book can use the ones that work and ignore the ones that don't.

There's dates that obviously can't work. For example, The Winter Solider having an October 2013 date during Batroc's interrogation or Iron Man 2 having February 2009 dates on Tony's computer screen. Those behind the book can use the ones that work and ignore the ones that don't.
That I hope is the case and not Miss Minutes loudly announcing "Never trust onscreen dates".

Then that rule would apply to everything...

That I hope is the case and not Miss Minutes loudly announcing "Never trust onscreen dates".

Then that rule would apply to everything...
I'd be surprised if that were the case. We already know the book places Iron Man in "Spring 2008", so the May 4th, 2008 on the Mad Money segment would be correct. It'd be nice if she pointed out the ones that should be ignored, but that might be too much. As long as the onscreen dates matches with the book's placement, no matter what I assume it's accurate.

I'd be surprised if that were the case. We already know the book places Iron Man in "Spring 2008", so the May 4th, 2008 on the Mad Money segment would be correct. It'd be nice if she pointed out the ones that should be ignored, but that might be too much. As long as the onscreen dates matches with the book's placement, no matter what I assume it's accurate.

She does, sorry if I was unclear before.

At certain points she pops up and says "There was a file here that showed it was X date, but that can't possibly be true" or "Sometimes the paper spreads misinformation" etc.

I'll make note of everything she mentions in my findings.

At certain points she pops up and says "There was a file here that showed it was X date, but that can't possibly be true" or "Sometimes the paper spreads misinformation" etc.

Oh that's much better, I like that. Can't wait to get this book tomorrow

It's nice that they're aware and having some fun with contradictory dates.

Doesn't that mean our whole timeline is broken and we can't use any onscreen dates at this point?
I don't see how that's better...
Slyonic seems to be saying she points out which dates can't be used. I'm sure it's ones that the site has ignored anyway. Plus it isn't like we would not have the general placement to compare with here anyway.

I agree with selfishmisery on this, the book seems a bit off... and some timeliners are ignoring It (the Wiki for example).
I don't see how this bit of information changes anything really. We don't even use every on screen date seen here because some clearly can't work. I think acting like every onscreen date seen can be used is as ridiculous as saying no onscreen dates can be use

The book is ignoring some dates and confirming others, it is EXACTLY the same that we do here when we say "this says May 3rd and this says May 2nd, but the next scene that takes place in the following morning has a May 4th date, so since there is more evidence pointing to May 3rd, we just assume that the May 2nd is a goof or an in-universe misprint" (Nobody has actually said that exact quote, but you get the point).

Latest posts

Back