Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

Updated for thread to completely and accurately place the overlapping events of Iron Man 2, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant, and tentative placements for ending scenes of Captain America: The First Avenger and Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer. Also did a bit of re-arranging for some of the associated tie-in comics.

Also deleted Captain America - Sentinel of Liberty (iPhone Game) (because it ends with Cap and Bucky taking down the Red Skull on his Bomber together, a different version of events from the Cinematic's version of Bucky dying earlier and Cap taking down Skull on his Bomber later on) and the other iPhone tie-in game Thor - Son of Asgard (though I may bring this back later on depending on the events of The Avengers next year, but its doubtful... this all depends on how Loki's return is handled, due to his also returning in Son of Asgard--the events of The Avengers will trump those in Son of Asgard).

EDIT: Also, some timeline placement stuff regarding the actual month placements for Iron Man 2, mainly: on the Iron Man 2 DVD, its said by Favreau that IM2 begins about 6 months after IM1. Specifically, the prologue scene of IM2 with Vanko's father dying happen concurrently or immediately after Tony reveals himself to the world as Iron Man in the very ending of IM2. These all occur specifically in May, 2008 (its specifically shown in IM1 that this is the date, with IM1 starting in Feb 2008 and spending about 3 months in captivity by the 10 Rings terrorists).

Favreau's 6 month later date for Iron Man 2 is all well and good except for one thing: the Monte Carlo race. This occurs in May of each year (unless we assume the MCU's timeline is slightly altered from our own, but I think my solution is both simpler and more logical for a couple reasons).

My solution is that from about the end of May, early June, Vanko begins work on his own knock-off Arc Reactor and gets it working around that time, June, maybe July 2008 (or a little later)...Vanko isn't quite as skilled as Tony as evidenced by Tony's comments abuot cycle rotation when speaking to Vanko after his capture at the race, so it stands to reason it took him a little longer to get his arc reactor working, and also maybe a bit longer for him to complete the exo-skeleton and whips (putting us into fall or late 2008 ). Six months from there is May, 2009, which coincides with the Monte Carlo Grand Prix.

This also helps make more sense of the placements of Thor and Incredible Hulk, since the seasons shown in those movies tend to reflect more spring or summer than winter or fall.

The End for now... until Cap is released on DVD and Blu-Ray with the next Marvel One-Shot: Funny Thing Happened... and their corresponding updates.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Something Funny Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer:
[video=youtube;3tjwLv1VWrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tjwLv1VWrw[/video]

The new Marvel One-Shot: "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer", available on the Captain America Blu-Ray and DVD (apparently the DVD will carry it too instead of only the Blu-Ray like was done with Thor and The Consultant, at least according to a few online sites), can be seen on Superherohype.

Not sure how long it'll stay up, but its linked to Twitvid (where The Consultant short is still up), so just search for it there if the link isn't working.

Also, updated for this short. Since it didn't involve any scene-splits, it was an easy one. Will update for the Cap DVD next week when its released.

Hmmm... good question. The official title of the universe is Marvel Cinematic Universe (but thats kind of boring). Maybe something that ties it to the Avengers ("Road to the Avengers"...?). Or just a mash-up of all the film titles (Captain America, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Incredible Hulk)?

I'm missing like 6 comics and that bugs the crap out me!

Latest posts

Back