Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

I'm missing like 6 comics and that bugs the crap out me!

Which ones? Most should be easy to get ahold of through Ebay or Amazon.com (if its a DVD pack in comic). The only ones that are pretty much impossible to find are the Thor Burger King online comics. Even I only have the first one of those, and I'm obsessive about this stuff.

Captain America - The First Avenger [AAFES #11], The Incredible Hulk - The Big Picture, and Thor #2-4 (Burger King). I'm pretty OCD when it comes to chronological order. Not nearly as extreme as you go (still baffles me how you can do all of this and stay sane), but I need things to be in order and more importantly, complete lol.

Last edited:
I asked Brevoort on his Formspring if Marvel would ever re-release the Thor BK comic, he said he doubted it :(

Thats too bad, that one seems to now be lost to the ether. Maybe there's a chance it'll be re-printed around Thor 2's release, but other than that (or maybe for Thor 3...? Please? :( ) I've scoured the internet for it (and found a .PDF of the first issue) but can't find the final 3 issues for the life of me. Oh well...

The fan-edit is coming, it's all done and edited. It's just a matter of exporting it, (2 hours of footage takes like 3 days). Also I'm looking into the safest way to post it, without being targeted for copyright infringement.

Interview with the writers: http://marvel.com/news/story/18059/writing_the_avengers_movie_prelude

Get your first look at the events leading up the biggest movie of the year—Marvel’s The Avengers—this Sunday in Marvel’s The Avengers Prelude: Fury’s Big Week #1 (of 8), free on the Marvel Comics app! That’s right—not only is Marvel giving you the first look at new footage from The Avengers in a special commercial during the big game, but the Marvel Comics app will feature the first issue of this action packed series for FREE! Subsequent issues of Marvel’s The Avengers Prelude: Fury’s Big Week will arrive every Tuesday beginning February 14th for 99 cents per issue.

STORY BY
Chris Yost, Eric Pearson
ART BY
Luke Ross
PUBLISHER
Marvel Comics
RELEASE DATE
Sun, February 5th, 2012

5a794779.jpg
5344417a.jpg
0e251fbd.jpg
d582341d.jpg

Last edited:
Got some...news. I was on Twitter wondering why the The Avengers comic prelude was saying 8 parts in the issue, but only 4 on Comixology and I asked if there was an official list of the canon comics.

Me: @Strommy @willgrem Was told by @Agent_M that you two would be the ones to ask if there was a list of all the film tie-in comics somewhere.

Will Corona Pilgrim (Creative Manager, Research & Development @Marvel Studios): @Agent_M @wyokid @strommy Iron Man: I Am Iron Man!; IM2: Public Identity & Agents of SHIELD, & Captain America: First Vengeance are all #MCU

Me: @willgrem I got a one shot called Captain America and Thor: Avengers and couple the sponsored (Audi and Target) IM ones. These not related?

Will: @wyokid those would be considered 'inspired by' but not #MCU canon.

Me: @willgrem Oh cool! I have them all then, yay! Would the video games go under "inspired by" too?

Will: @wyokid in a sense, yes. @cbake76 and the fellas over in Marvel Games like to use a term coined by TQ Jefferson as 'Film Agnostic'

Sorry DIrishB :(

Last edited:
Interesting. What are the Audi and Target sponsored things you mentioned? Comics?

As for them being or not being canon, I'll keep them on the timeline since they don't conflict with anything else, and inspired by or not at least "fit" into the universe. Mainly, though, in terms of canon and not, I've found such things are very fluid and change depending on who you ask, officially speaking (like in this case from Marvel employees who apparently are involved with continuity on some level for the MCU) or not (fans like me).

Unless it conflicts with the established canon stuff, I'll leave it, or until Marvel publishes an official list of what's canon and not in the MCU, and again Marvel may ONLY consider the films canon.

Audi - Iron Man 2: Fists of Iron
Target - Iron Man 2: Security Measures

There's also a couple you are missing on here. There was a Captain America and Iron Man Norton anti-virus comic. The Cap one was even written by Stan Lee!

Audi - Iron Man 2: Fists of Iron
Target - Iron Man 2: Security Measures

Security Measures is on the timeline, but it was originally an IM1 story... I assume the re-released it with the IM2 branding to coincide with IM2's release.

There's also a couple you are missing on here. There was a Captain America and Iron Man Norton anti-virus comic. The Cap one was even written by Stan Lee!

Can you post links?

Updated for Iron Man - Will Online Evils Prevail? (exclusive comic with Norton Antivirus 2010) and Captain America - Evil Lurks Everywhere (exclusive comic with Norton Antivirus 2011).

Also updated for The Avengers - Prelude #1-4. Will update for issues 5-8 over the coming weeks as the release of the movie draws closer.

Will also be updating for the Black Widow Strikes mini-series when its released. Might need to correct a few things, but as it stands now I think everythings correct. I'll double check for sure as I re-watch through all the movies leading up to Avengers release.

Updated for Iron Man - Will Online Evils Prevail? (exclusive comic with Norton Antivirus 2010) and Captain America - Evil Lurks Everywhere (exclusive comic with Norton Antivirus 2011).

Really? wow. Tell me these aren't PSAs about online viruses...

Latest posts

Back