Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

So am I correct in interpreting the upcoming Operation Hydra one they talk about won't be canon?

No red stamp, no wide screen cinematic feel on the trade dress... I'd say you're right. Too bad. I've been loving Pilgrim's recent canon work.

Pilgrim:

We don't have a specific time stamp because we tend not to do that in the MCU.

Who ever said this job was easy?

I want to conclude by saying I hope the fans are loving our tie-ins. The more they love them the more we'll make them. We're happy to make them.

Yes, please!

Last edited:
Someone really needs to link Pilgrim to this page. At the very least we might get some things definitively answered. Or not. Probably not... ;)

You don't think he's seen it already? If you search for "marvel timeline" on Google, we're on page 6!

Fine, I see your point. I'll tweet him a link. I haven't bugged him about anything yet.

I won't rest until we're at least midway through Page 3!

Lol.

I remember the days when I used to be second on the list!!! Hell, yeah!!

*Throws hands up to receive high fives*

Those days have long gone....:cry:

Hi DIrishB!

I created this account in order to congratulate you on this splendid timeline. Wyokid, Captain Canuck and Captain France and all other contributors deserve praise as well.
I would have posted this some time before, but there was some problem with creating a new profile.

Called it. :)

So am I correct in interpreting the upcoming Operation Hydra one they talk about won't be canon?

Perhaps it is a bit rash to jump to conclusions, but I saw this pattern forming some time ago. It seems that for each new movie, Marvel publishes a comic containing a reprint and an inspired story.
Iron Man 3 - Coming of the Melter
Thor: Dark World - Crown of Fools
Captain America: Winter Soldier - Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy - Galaxy's Most Wanted
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Operation HYDRA

Hi DIrishB!

I created this account in order to congratulate you on this splendid timeline. Wyokid, Captain Canuck and Captain France and all other contributors deserve praise as well.
I would have posted this some time before, but there was some problem with creating a new profile.

Thanks! :)

... did I help with this?

EDIT: oh yeah, I did help at the beginning a bit.

Last edited:
Hi DIrishB!

Perhaps it is a bit rash to jump to conclusions, but I saw this pattern forming some time ago. It seems that for each new movie, Marvel publishes a comic containing a reprint and an inspired story.

I feel like I've contributed very little. These other guys are the real MVPs. Thank you though. Good luck with the ghost horse btw.

I remember the days when I used to be second on the list!!! Hell, yeah!!

*Throws hands up to receive high fives*

Those days have long gone....:cry:

Someday you'll get the title back, champ... someday...

Hi DIrishB!

Thanks, mate!

Yeah, I agree.

So does anyone know about the current number of inspired comics? I've been able to list most of them through various sources (most importantly previous posts on this thread), but I'm wondering if I missed any. I know they're not canon, but that doesnt' mean I can't read them. :D

Iron Man: Security Measures (Wal-Mart) ( 2008 )
The Incredible Hulk: The Big Picture (Wal-Mart) ( 2008 )
Iron Man/The Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury (2009) (prints Iron Man: Fast Friends, The Incredible Hulk: The Fury Files and Nick Fury: Spies Like Us)
Iron Man 2: Fist of Iron (2010)
Iron Man 2: Limited Edition Collector's Issue (Royal Purple) (2010)
Iron Man 2: Security Breach (Target) (2010)
Iron Man: Limited Edition (LG) (2010)
Iron Man: Only the Brave (2010)
Iron Man: Will Online Evils Prevail? #1-3 (2010)
Thor #1-4 (Burger King) (2011)
Thor: Rescue (Dr. Pepper) (2011)
Captain America: Evil Lurks Everywhere (Norton) (2011)
Captain America: The first Avenger #11-12 (AAFES) (2011)
Captain America & Thor: Avengers! (2011)
The Avengers: The Avengers Initiative (2012)
Iron Man: The Coming of the Melter (2013)
Thor: Crown of Fools (2013)
Captain America: Homecoming (2014)
Captain America: Transformation & Triumph (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy: Galaxy's Most Wanted (2014)
Avengers: Operation HYDRA (2015)

I'm not sure about Iron Man: Only the Brave, since it uses the 616 design of Whiplash.

Last edited:
So does anyone know about the current number of inspired comics? I've been able to list most of them through various sources (most importantly previous posts on this thread), but I'm wondering if I missed any. I know they're not canon, but that doesnt' mean I can't read them. :D

Iron Man: Security Measures (Wal-Mart) ( 2008 )
The Incredible Hulk: The Big Picture (Wal-Mart) ( 2008 )
Iron Man/The Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury (2009) (prints Iron Man: Fast Friends, The Incredible Hulk: The Fury Files and Nick Fury: Spies Like Us)
Iron Man 2: Fist of Iron (2010)
Iron Man 2: Limited Edition Collector's Issue (Royal Purple) (2010)
Iron Man 2: Security Breach (Target) (2010)
Iron Man: Limited Edition (LG) (2010)
Iron Man: Only the Brave (2010)
Iron Man: Will Online Evils Prevail? #1-3 (2010)
Thor #1-4 (Burger King) (2011)
Thor: Rescue (Dr. Pepper) (2011)
Captain America: Evil Lurks Everywhere (Norton) (2011)
Captain America: The first Avenger #11-12 (AAFES) (2011)
Captain America & Thor: Avengers! (2011)
The Avengers: The Avengers Initiative (2012)
Iron Man: The Coming of the Melter (2013)
Thor: Crown of Fools (2013)
Captain America: Homecoming (2014)
Captain America: Transformation & Triumph (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy: Galaxy's Most Wanted (2014)
Avengers: Operation HYDRA (2015)

I'm not sure about Iron Man: Only the Brave, since it uses the 616 design of Whiplash.

I honestly don't. Once I learned they weren't canon, I stopped paying attention.

I do think that list is complete, from what I do remember (I wasn't even aware of the newer ones released in the past couple years).

Just finished Scott Lang: Small Time. Not one of my favorites, but still fun.

Anyways, you placed it in the timeline correctly.

Last edited:
Updated for the Ant-Man Prelude #2 comic.

I have to wait for the print version of the Ant-Man: Scott Lang - Small Time Infinite comic (for page count should it overlap with the film), in much the same way I have to wait for the print version of the Avengers - Age of Ultron: This Sceptre'd Isle Infinite comic before I can break it up (which does require threading pages over Avengers and Captain America - The Winter Soldier). I'll also finally get around to breaking up the Avengers film adaptation comics by page number and interspersing those among the scenes in the film, around the same time. So hopefully will have it all up to date before Avengers - AoU is released.

I'd be happy to break up Scepter'd Isle by the online page numbers in the mean time/in addition. Might make the timeline look messy, though.

Here's a preliminary breakdown:

During Avengers – pages 1-5
Between Avengers and Winter Soldier – pages 6-50
During Winter Soldier – pages 51-68

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back