Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

DIB, any reason you didn't piece back together the orientation interviews Koenig conducts in AoS 1x19? I'd probably be too lazy to follow it on my next re-watch, but I do expect you to be anal.

Do we know if the Netflix shows are going to be happening now or from the end of the Avengers to now? I know they said on an interview the reason Hell's Kitchen is a mess is because of The Battle of New York.

DIB, any reason you didn't piece back together the orientation interviews Koenig conducts in AoS 1x19? I'd probably be too lazy to follow it on my next re-watch, but I do expect you to be anal.

Must...resist...joke...

Last edited:

I'll have to rewatch it.

Do we know if the Netflix shows are going to be happening now or from the end of the Avengers to now? I know they said on an interview the reason Hell's Kitchen is a mess is because of The Battle of New York.

Must...resist...joke...

Don't know yet. They did reference the timeline of the shows compared to the films, but nothing has been specifically established yet.

I just recently rewatched this, and you could break this down and separate each interview out. But there's no way of knowing in what order Koenig conducted the interviews. I understand the desire to be anal, but there'd be no point in this case. All we know for certain is that Ward went last.

Just my two cents, you do what you want Irish.

Last edited:
I just recently rewatched this, and you could break this down and separate each interview out. But there's no way of knowing in what order Koenig conducted the interviews. I understand the desire to be anal, but there'd be no point in this case. All we know for certain is that Ward went last.

Just my two cents, you do what you want Irish.

That was my opinion when I first viewed the episode, hence no break up.

So June's Marvel solicitations have this listed:

ANT-MAN: LARGER THAN LIFE #1
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W) • ANDREA DIVITO (A)
Cover by JUNG-SIK AHN• Join Hank Pym, a.k.a. ANT-MAN, as he learns that a little experiment can land him in BIG trouble!
• Can Ant-Man tame something as painfully formidable as the Bullet Ant before it's too late?! Find out!
• PLUS: Reprinting Tales to Astonish #27 (the first appearance of Hank Pym) and Tales to Astonish#35 (the first of appearance of Ant-Man in costume)!
48 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Now, I'm not saying this is canon. Corona Pilgrim writing it would indicate as such, as would the "Larger than Life" title (an inverse of the previous "Small Time" Ant-Man MCU comic), however it's not titled Marvel's Ant-Man, nor indicated to be a part of the MCU canon in the description. So I'm assuming it's not an official MCU tale, but instead is just capitalizing on the Ant-Man name before the film comes out.

This was already talked about in the CBR interview, it's not canon.

Not a huge revelation but I tweeted at James Gunn and asked him how long Guardians takes place in. He said just a few days. Again not a huge revelation but it does help answer a question I've always had on how long it takes the gang to travel around the galaxy.

On a side note, James Gunn is a super nice guy and really dedicated to the fans. I don't if he's always like this or if I happened to catch him at the right time, but he answered my tweet within 12 hours.

Not a huge revelation but I tweeted at James Gunn and asked him how long Guardians takes place in. He said just a few days. Again not a huge revelation but it does help answer a question I've always had on how long it takes the gang to travel around the galaxy.

On a side note, James Gunn is a super nice guy and really dedicated to the fans. I don't if he's always like this or if I happened to catch him at the right time, but he answered my tweet within 12 hours.

Nope, that's just him. He even does occasional live Q&As on Facebook. He's pretty cool.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Based on the technology required to colonize various worlds and travel between them (vast distances requiring some form of light speed or wormhole technology), I figure a warp speed drive or hyperspace drive or some variation of that would explain how they're able to travel in between stars and not have the trip take thousands of lifetimes.

Ok, question. I am seeing the Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon at AMC for the release of Avengers 2. I will be taking in my iPad and watching the digital shorts between the films. I want to know, on a macro scale, the order of preferred viewing, based on chronology and story. I used the timeline, but wanted a confirmation that placements make the most sense.

IRON MAN
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
THE CONSULTANT
IRON MAN 2
A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THOR'S HAMMER
THOR
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
AGENT CARTER
THE AVENGERS
ITEM 47
IRON MAN 3
ALL HAIL THE KING
THOR: THE DARK WORLD
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Does that make the most sense?

It's a logical view order. My preferred view order is
Cap 1 (most happens in ww2)
Agent Carter Series
Agent Carter one shot
Iron man 1
Iron man 2 (ends with Thors hammer)
Funny thing
Thor
Hulk (final events end last of im2 and Thor)
Consultant
Avengers
Item 47
Iron man 3
All hail
Shield s1 ep 1-7
Thor 2
Shield s1 ep 8-16
Cap 2
Shield s1 17-22
Gotg
Shield s2

Last edited:
Yeah I prefer Cap-TFA first, especially now that the Agent Carter series follows it (would make zero sense and have far less emotional impact to watch Agent Carter first, and then eventually get to CA-TFA).

From a film-only standpoint putting Cap-TFA between Incredible Hulk and Avengers works, but I think watching Cap-TFA first, even before Iron Man, works best.

Ohhhhh, I agree, but that is out of my control. AMC is showing them in release date order, I am choosing to watch the One Shots in addition.

Last edited:
Ok, question. I am seeing the Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon at AMC for the release of Avengers 2. I will be taking in my iPad and watching the digital shorts between the films. I want to know, on a macro scale, the order of preferred viewing, based on chronology and story. I used the timeline, but wanted a confirmation that placements make the most sense.

IRON MAN
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
THE CONSULTANT
IRON MAN 2
A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THOR'S HAMMER
THOR
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
AGENT CARTER
THE AVENGERS
ITEM 47
IRON MAN 3
ALL HAIL THE KING
THOR: THE DARK WORLD
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Does that make the most sense?

Personally - if you can squeeze it in between films - I would also put The Consultant after IM2 along with A Funny thing Happened...

Simply because Stark is made a consultant at the end of IM2.

And for what its worth I still think that, even though going for a chronological order is fun, the best way to watch the films is in theatrical release order...especially if you are coming to them fresh. The way certain questions are raised and answered and other aspects of the world explored seem to work best in that order.

Personally - if you can squeeze it in between films - I would also put The Consultant after IM2 along with A Funny thing Happened...

Simply because Stark is made a consultant at the end of IM2.

Agreed.

And for what its worth I still think that, even though going for a chronological order is fun, the best way to watch the films is in theatrical release order...especially if you are coming to them fresh. The way certain questions are raised and answered and other aspects of the world explored seem to work best in that order.

If you're only watching the films, then I agree. But if you're talking as a whole, it's best to watch Cap-TFA first considering the Agent Carter series picks up afterwards. It also doesn't really spoil any aspects of the universe as a whole to watch Cap-TFA first, least that I can remember.

Latest posts

Back