Marvel confirms: Ultimates 2 extended to 13 issues

MoS

And here is another great rumor, stolen off the 'net. No idea if it's actually true or not, as I haven;t been able to verify it:

"Saw this posted over at LiveWireWorld's forums, figured I'd pass it on. Sounds like what ended up happening with Ultimates 1. No complaints here, gives them extra time before Ultimates 3 kicks off.
Quote:
Marvel announced today that ULTIMATES 2 #12 which was solicited as $3.99 and 48 pages, will now be $2.99 and 32 pages. There will now be a 13th issue of the series to be solicited in a future Previews."

Re: Ultimates 2 #11 delayed until 4/26.

Rhyo said:
And here is another great rumor, stolen off the 'net. No idea if it's actually true or not, as I haven;t been able to verify it:

"Saw this posted over at LiveWireWorld's forums, figured I'd pass it on. Sounds like what ended up happening with Ultimates 1. No complaints here, gives them extra time before Ultimates 3 kicks off.
Quote:
Marvel announced today that ULTIMATES 2 #12 which was solicited as $3.99 and 48 pages, will now be $2.99 and 32 pages. There will now be a 13th issue of the series to be solicited in a future Previews."

If this means the series is going to be delayed even longer, I'm against it. If it means we're going to get more quality art and story, I'm all for it.

Well, it's not like we have much of a choice. I've come too damned far on this series to stop now. And I have my fingers crossed for bimonthly. The series is going to stay bimonthly from here on out to #13 or whenever.

I had also heard that #11 might get pushed into May, but I can't find anyone I trust willing to stand up and say that's true.

Link please

May I please have a link to where you got this rumor from. I'm not so sure that this is true. I haven't seen anything on newsarama about this.

ProjectX2 said:
If this means the series is going to be delayed even longer, I'm against it. If it means we're going to get more quality art and story, I'm all for it.

And if it means both?

Re: 13th issue of Ultimates 2 being added?

Hmmm...

I'm not to keen on more delays as waiting sucks, but for this series, it doesn't matter in the end.

Re: Link please

a fan said:
May I please have a link to where you got this rumor from. I'm not so sure that this is true. I haven't seen anything on newsarama about this.

The initial post is off of CBR and not a full link, which is why I labelled it as questionable and put it in quotes. I have asked some very reliable people to look into it, but since it was already late Friday afternoon (and hence Marvel and Diamond offices were closed) I doubt we'll hear anything one way or the other until Monday.

Bass said:
And if it means both?

I'll... uh... um...

EAT CAKE

Rorschach said:
12 or 13 makes no difference to me anymore. i just hope U3 can get on a better schedule

Yeah, Joe Mad is U3....let's hope he can get 6 issues done in a year!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love his art style....but after his massive delays on Uncanny X-Men, then Battle Chasers; I don't hold out much hope!

ProjectX2 said:
I'll... uh... um...

EAT CAKE
CAKE! Where?

And I dont mind, just means more Ultimate goodness. I hope it has a definite ending, with alot of resolution

I'm inclined to say they don't want to extend Ultimates V2 any further do to Millar's commitment to Civil War. I think Hitch and he just needs finish Ultimates V2. I suspect the reason they want to extend issue #12 into two issues is because the delays for a double stuffed #12 would be so atrocious Hitch would be tarred and feathered at the next comic book convention he attended.

Now my theory that Millar and Hitch will die of old age before they finish Ultimates V2 doesn't seem so crazy. If so, they're so going getting cursed in the after life.

McEvil said:
Yeah, Joe Mad is U3....let's hope he can get 6 issues done in a year!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love his art style....but after his massive delays on Uncanny X-Men, then Battle Chasers; I don't hold out much hope!

Hey, at least Battle Chasers finished!

Oh no, wait. It didn't. :(

I'm with you McEvil (though I don't remember delays on UXM), I love Mad's work, but I really hope he can bring out the goods this time round.

This is now confirmed, BTW. It's in this week's Diamond Dateline, sent to retailers....

maybe this can give joe mad a loeb more time to finish an issue or two, maybe less delays with U3 when it starts its run...

They giveth and they pusheth way back - issue #13 has been added (with no ship date) and #11 has been pushed back to May 11th. Here's Hitch hinself on the subject of the added issue:

Q. Will issue 13 be regular sized or bigger? I'm guessing the plan is for it to be regular-sized, but they'll get carried away again and it will end up bigger. laugh.gif

A. That's pretty much how it goes every issue and we haven't managed a usual 21 page story yet. Issues 12 and 13 of volume one got up to 29 and 41 pages totalling 70. I don't know how it will run here but it became clear that the 38 pages marvel had given us for issue 12 wasn't going to be close to enough.

As it is even with the extra issues Mark's plot for 12 came in at 38 pages and it really needed to be 24 max and I always end up expanding on the visuals. So in short, they be as long as a piece of string. Ish.

Hitchy.

Last edited:

Rhyo said:
They giveth and they pusheth way back - issue #13 has been added (with no ship date) and #11 has been pushed back to May 11th. Here's Hitch hinself on the subject of the added issue:

Q. Will issue 13 be regular sized or bigger? I'm guessing the plan is for it to be regular-sized, but they'll get carried away again and it will end up bigger. laugh.gif

A. That's pretty much how it goes every issue and we haven't managed a usual 21 page story yet. Issues 12 and 13 of volume one got up to 29 and 41 pages totalling 70. I don't know how it will run here but it became clear that the 38 pages marvel had given us for issue 12 wasn't going to be close to enough.

As it is even with the extra issues Mark's plot for 12 came in at 38 pages and it really needed to be 24 max and I always end up expanding on the visuals. So in short, they be as long as a piece of string. Ish.

Hitchy.
So, yet another delay. My prophecy has come true!

Where was it that Hitch posted this? Not that it matters, but I was planning on beating him up the next time he showed his face around there again.

Latest posts

Back