Marvel To Publish New Line Of "A-List" Original Graphic Novels

E

Excelsior Club
Via Bleeding Cool:

Yesterday we mentioned something "Avengersy" coming from Warren Ellis and Mike McKone this summer from Marvel.

And as with, well, just about everything I seem to post right now, a couple of hours later I suddenly get more information.

In this case it seems that Ellis and McKone's book is just one of a series of new original graphic novels from Marvel from what is described as "A-list creators".

This is what the season one books should have been. Most of those have been terrible, and at best they've been unremarkable.

And I'd rather see a better artist than Mike McKone on a Warren Ellis book.

Re: Marvel To Publish New Line Of "A-List" Original Graphic Novels

For some reason when I clicked the "go to latest post" button for this thread I got a 404 error.

I was hoping Warren Ellis would be writing an Avengers series but this is good too I suppose. And Mike McKone is a good artist.

Re: Marvel To Publish New Line Of "A-List" Original Graphic Novels

For some reason when I clicked the "go to latest post" button for this thread I got a 404 error.

I was hoping Warren Ellis would be writing an Avengers series but this is good too I suppose. And Mike McKone is a good artist.

It was because of the weird quotes in the title. I just removed them.

Here are some preview pages for Avengers: Wartime by Warren Ellis and Mike McKone:
http://imgur.com/a/Kz8Pu

I do not care for McKone's art at all but this is not bad, except for Jarvis's face on that fourth page.

Mohawked Carol Danvers looks cool.

Warren Ellis doing Bendis-style Avengers smalltalk better than Bendis? Sold.

Latest posts

Back