Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 News

Additionally, if you do have to "Choose sides" It would probably only be for one or two play throughs (once pro, once anti) and then you can choose any team you want. Yay replay value.

I honestly don't mind.

I mean okay, fine, I enjoyed Civil War... but honestly, these games --- X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance --- have never been really about one single story but about cherry picking as many concepts and stuffing as many characters as possible into one game in an attempt to please the broadest range of fans possible.

To actually nit pick that is utterly beside the point, since from the very beginning the whole point of these games has been to just been a big ole masturbatory sandbox of Marvel characters, which I have generally enjoyed (even if I have a ton of criticisms about them).

I sincerely doubt they're going to construct the game so that you'll be forced to keep Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg heroes apart from each other, since the developers probably want to avoid preventing fans from NOT being able to create line ups of their choice.

Two designs are likely then:

Either the design is going to be about taking the Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg with ONLY Captain America and Iron Man having their affiliations constant, and some characters locked (clearly at some point players will have to fight Thor, for example, even if it means using that ridiculous rubber stomp move that Mr. Fantastic has) if not totally unplayable (like Angel and Beast in XML2) because they have a position in the story. This means that if they're smart they will try to script all the playable characters to have a rationale to be Pro or Anti-Reg.

Or the design will have one master path that may or may not have some branching scenarios and the characters can be unlocked and at some point the sides of the Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg converge so that Human Torch and Iron Man can be playable together or something. I suspect this is most likely, since the developers don't really try to follow existing storylines too closely, and it's probable that this whole Ultimate Alliance Civil War is just a story ruse for a Big Bad who is conspiring to get the heroes to beat on each other, just as the XML2 Apocalypse Age was not an alternate reality but merely a scenario in which Apocalypse really did mount a good shot at taking over the world.

Well acording to this interview
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19959

Seems you are right.

speaking of XML2

that game had an excellent plot, why can't the comics translate Apocalypse like that, he's one of those characters that seems to only really work outside of comics (Blade is like this to an extent)

back on topic, this Civil War angle doesn't excite me, Civil War worked as a comic I'm not sure it will work as well as a videogame, MUA1 worked because of his huge sprawling plot and the various locations it took you too. In Civil War there was two major locations Stamford (which would make for a good FMV but not a level), and New York....I'll toss in 42 aswell.

But MUA had an AIM mobile base, Atlantis, Skrullos, Shi'ar Empirical space, "Hell", Asgard, Murderworld, Latveria....and I think there's one I'm missing. It was a tour de force of the MU, and don't forget they had to cut Hala out too.

Maybe if they fuse Planet Hulk, Annihilation, and Civil War together you could get that kind of range of locations, but come on.

And after facing off with an allegiance containing: Doom, Ultron, Loki, Enchantress, and so on. Fighting Henry Pym doesn't sound so interesting.

I want to like this game, but it's already beginning to look like a huge step-down from the first game. Honestly the only deciding factor for me right now is the Roster, I don't care for playing as villains like Venom and the Green Goblin, but Cable and Bishop are inspired choices (as long as they're not recycled from XML), here's hoping they pile on more characters that were in the spotlight at the time Civil War was going off. and of course this game needs needs needs Nova and Iron Fist.

And if they cut Deadpool out I'm going to have to choke a *****, he was phenominal in that game.

Of course you're assuming it's just NY.

We already know for a fact that they will also head to Latveria.

It's not going to be 100% like CW there willl be some difference'the fact That Hulk is there pretty much shows that.

And Nova IS in the game by the way so don't worry. Iron Fist is a no brainer too amd if Deadpool is back i hope they have Nolan North voice him this time around.

Last edited:
Additionally, if you do have to "Choose sides" It would probably only be for one or two play throughs (once pro, once anti) and then you can choose any team you want. Yay replay value.

that would be cool if you could on two player and fight each other.

I like the collar, when it's done realistacally, maybe upto his cheekbones so he can still see properly.

What I do hate is when people give him the booties.

Here's hoping that they go crazy with alternate costumes, cause I'd like to see the Classic one, Aja's new one, the shirtless loose pants look from the tournament, the Ultimate look, Orson, Steel Serpent, and maybe the red variant of the original look that pops up from time to time with action figures.

The new look looks almost like what Iron Fist would have looked like in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, which is a compliment, even though that game was very dissapointing but the characters had fantastic designs.

Just need Nova to be confirmed and this is sold for me regardless of how it turns out.

I like the collar, when it's done realistacally, maybe upto his cheekbones so he can still see properly.

What I do hate is when people give him the booties.

Here's hoping that they go crazy with alternate costumes, cause I'd like to see the Classic one, Aja's new one, the shirtless loose pants look from the tournament, the Ultimate look, Orson, Steel Serpent, and maybe the red variant of the original look that pops up from time to time with action figures.

The new look looks almost like what Iron Fist would have looked like in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, which is a compliment, even though that game was very dissapointing but the characters had fantastic designs.

Just need Nova to be confirmed and this is sold for me regardless of how it turns out.

The tournament look was awesome.

Man, I know exactly how to fix this franchise.

I'm the only one that thinks it needs fixing, aren't it?

I like it as is. However i'm interested in hearing your idea.

it's not even a franchise yet, unless you include the XML games

I think letting Raven software to the Wolverine game instead of this will end up being a huge mistake. It'll probably turn out fine, though.

Man, I know exactly how to fix this franchise.

I'm the only one that thinks it needs fixing, aren't it?

it needs lots of fixing. The gameplay has hardly changed and there needs to be more incentives to using each character. It's great to have a beat em up but some characters aren't known for that.

They should change the format to a third person action game with a free roaming New York, Attilan, Doomstadt, whathaveyou ala Spider-Man 2, but you would choose a team to take out each time. So I could be Spidey swinging between buildings, but then switch to Iron Fist roof hopping next to him.

They should change the format to a third person action game with a free roaming New York, Attilan, Doomstadt, whathaveyou ala Spider-Man 2, but you would choose a team to take out each time. So I could be Spidey swinging between buildings, but then switch to Iron Fist roof hopping next to him.

Hm. That sounds cool, but it also sounds like an entirely different game.

I'm also afraid those are unreasonable expectations for a game.

Last edited:

Best way IMO would be only use characters who have some kind of Travel using ability added to split screen multilayer (with both joining if one picks a mission)

So you would have :

Spider-man - Web-swinging, Wall crawling
Human torch - Flying
Wolverine - climbing using claws stuck in wall.
Hulk - Tall leaps plus building climbing like hulk ultimate destruction.
Ghost rider - Rides bike up walls

and so on. Maybe even adding ones for others who don't really have one. Like say : Punisher : Grappling hook for swinging like spider-man.

So it would basically be a free-roam version of Spider-man and the X-men. But with Tag team use and Split-screen. Though that shouldn't be an Ultimate Alliance game as it's drastically different to first so it would be a new series Like "Marvel : Ultimate Team-up" as a name.

Sure the list of heroes would be smaller like say 10 characters. But as it would be it's own game series that is not important. Then unlock costumes like Ultimate alliance with DLC say a couple of extra characters , maps ect...

A game like that could be great.

Best way IMO would be only use characters who have some kind of Travel using ability added to split screen multilayer (with both joining if one picks a mission)

So you would have :

Spider-man - Web-swinging, Wall crawling
Human torch - Flying
Wolverine - climbing using claws stuck in wall.
Hulk - Tall leaps plus building climbing like hulk ultimate destruction.
Ghost rider - Rides bike up walls

and so on. Maybe even adding ones for others who don't really have one. Like say : Punisher : Grappling hook for swinging like spider-man.

So it would basically be a free-roam version of Spider-man and the X-men. But with Tag team use and Split-screen. Though that shouldn't be an Ultimate Alliance game as it's drastically different to first so it would be a new series Like "Marvel : Ultimate Team-up" as a name.

Sure the list of heroes would be smaller like say 10 characters. But as it would be it's own game series that is not important. Then unlock costumes like Ultimate alliance with DLC say a couple of extra characters , maps ect...

A game like that could be great.

I had an idea for an X-Men: First Class style game that would play pretty similar to this.

I figured six characters was about the max you could fit in and still maintain a strong action mechanic and have the characters not feel redundant.

My idea was for a single player game, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back