Marvel: Your Universe Thread

I read that, but collected as a prologue to Annihilation in the Annihilation hardcover, if I'm remembering correctly.

I do not remember him starting out dumb like he was in Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade.

He was.

He saved Cammi from getting killed by the Blood Brothers, by killing one of them, causing the other one to rage and "kill" him. Cammi, with some help, dragged his body to a sporting goods store I believe, and when he resurrected, he wasn't as strong as before, but smarter, donned a pair of jeans, grabbed a couple knives, then killed every alien in town.

He then hitched a ride to Nova's homeworld, with Cammi.

I'm going to miss my Cosmic Marvel when Bendis takes over.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide what I think about Captain America by Rick Remender.

On one hand, the art is terrible and I don't really care about what's happening in the story.

On the other hand, Ed Brubaker's Captain America made me love the character so much that I don't want to drop it.

I'm really enjoying Captain America. I say keep it.

I think Remender's Cap is great so far. I couldn't make myself care about the character in the least when Brubaker was writing him, but this is promising. Marvel's doing pretty decent with their relaunch, all told.

*sigh* here we go again.

EDIT: wait... does this mean Miles is going to meet Dr Spider-pus?

EDIT AGAIN: Apparently Slott has also promised that Miguel O'Hara is going to turn up in Superior Spider-Man too...

link

Last edited:
Marvel First.

"Begin with the best super heroes in comics--Marvel does it FIRST!! HUGE story coming soon to fans, worldwide."

Oh, Marvel....

marvel-number-one-first.jpg

I see 'Iceman'!

Last edited:
Marvel is putting some really good books out right now. I wish they'd rely on marketing that instead of endless reboots and gimmicks like new #1s.

Another teaser image with the #1, this time with creator names, and a date/time when we'll find out what this is all about.

marvel-first-sxsw.jpg

On Sunday, March 10 at 1pm Central time, all will be revealed, at the South by Southwest event that celebrates everything from music to digital innovation. And therein lies the key: digital innovation is what a company like Marvel Comics might be at SXSW for. In 2012, Marvel launched their "ReEvolution" campaign with the announcement of Marvel Infinite Comics: comics designed and created explicitly for digital viewing, with a new style of panel and dialogue reveal.

Marvel hiding/teasing the return of the New Warriors in Nova's solicitation?

NOVA #7
ZEB WELLS (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Nova's Eventful World-Wide Adventure Rockets Roaringly Into Our Renegade Spider!
• Zeb Wells ("Robot Chicken", dressing as Thor on the internet) and Paco Medina (Ultimate X-Men) continue the story of Marvel's newest, least experienced hero: Sam Alexander.
• We'll get to tying into Infinity next month, but you should probably pick this one up first.

I had no idea that book/group had a following enough for anyone to care.

Does anyone know where/when/how/why Daisy Johnson became the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hill bumped down to acting director?

This is shown only (far as I've seen) in Secret Avengers and one other comic only (can't remember what the comic was), but any other comic that's had Hill (All-New X-Men, for example) has mentioned Hill as Director and not "acting director".

Does anyone know where/when/how/why Daisy Johnson became the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hill bumped down to acting director?

This is shown only (far as I've seen) in Secret Avengers and one other comic only (can't remember what the comic was), but any other comic that's had Hill (All-New X-Men, for example) has mentioned Hill as Director and not "acting director".

I had to look it up because I only vaguely remembered that was a thing. From Wikipedia:

While investigating Norman Osborn's escape from the Raft, Johnson is drafted by Captain America into the Avengers under her superhero name Quake.[5] Daisy takes over as director of S.H.I.E.L.D. when Nick Fury fully retires and his son joins as an agent.[6] Maria Hill is currently the Acting Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.,[7][8] but Johnson is still considered Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The given source is Battle Scars #6. I don't think I've ever heard of that series.

I had to look it up because I only vaguely remembered that was a thing. From Wikipedia:

The given source is Battle Scars #6. I don't think I've ever heard of that series.

It's the one where Nick Fury's black son gets caught in a conspiracy, finds out he's Nick Fury's son, teams up with Agent Coulson, goes bald, loses an eyes, gains an eyepatch, changes his name to Nick Fury, and joins SHIELD as Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD.

That's right. Normally I'd say Daisy becoming director of SHIELD so quickly is ridiculous, but that's not even competing in this race.

Last edited:
Yeah... and the worst part is that now Nick Fury will never be seen again and Fury Jr will just be Nick Fury like nothing ever happened.

Ahh, Battle Scars. No wonder. I've heard of it, but never read it.

Also, there was a thing long time ago on Newsarama that 616 Nick Fury was going to appear in Ultimate Comics Ultimates because of a cover that ha a guy that looked like him.

Latest posts

Back