Marvel: Your Universe Thread

It's the one where Nick Fury's black son gets caught in a conspiracy, finds out he's Nick Fury's son, teams up with Agent Coulson, goes bald, loses an eyes, gains an eyepatch, changes his name to Nick Fury, and joins SHIELD as Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD.

That's right. Normally I'd say Daisy becoming director of SHIELD so quickly is ridiculous, but that's not even competing in this race.

Glad I missed that.

I don't get Marvel sometimes. They do stuff like this to (presumably) help non-comic fans understand the comics, which makes sense, but then they do so much other stuff that seems like it would do the exact opposite.

So I just finished Marvels and Marvels: Eye of the Camera, those two volumes as a single story are some of the best Marvel comics I've ever read.

Just read Peter Milligan and Mike Allred's X-Force/X-Statix.

It's the bee's knees.

The only book I'm aware of to feature a crossover with the Avengers where two grown men fight in the nude by throwing dandelions at each other.

Last edited:
That certainly seems right up your alley.

tumblr_lng035TRY61qlwb72o1_r1_500.jpg

It also featured zombie Princess Di as a team member.

I haven't read the sequel yet, but I LOVE Marvels. It is spectacular in every way possible.

The sequel deals with some of the stories in the 80s when the heroes got darker. It also just wraps up the story really nicely. I got a bit teary at the end.

Marvels was really good - the art more so than the story, but the story was really good.

I didn't care for it being as dated as it was, but it ultimately wasn't a big deal.

The little mutant girl stuff was particularly good.

Starting in November,Gerry Duggan (Deadpool) will be the new writer for Nova, with Paco Madina on art. November's issue will be Nova's 100th and will be labeled as such.

For nearly a year now, Gerry Duggan has gotten down and dirty with DEADPOOL, but come November, he shoots for the stars as the new writer of NOVA, working alongside artist Paco Medina to chronicle the adventures of Sam Alexander.

Though the tenth installment of the current volume, Duggan's debut issue will be called NOVA #100 to commemorate 100 total issues across every Nova series. Wells and Carlo Barberi will provide the lead story, with Duggan and Medina contributing a back-up plus variant covers from Sal Buscema, Phil Jimenez and J.G. Jones.

Last edited:
Matt Fraction to leave Fantastic Four & FF

""The demands of 'Inhumanity' on Matt's time increased to the point where something had to give, and that something turned out to be 'Fantastic Four' and 'FF,'" Brevoort said. "So Matt outlined the balance of the story he was going to be telling in those books, much as he'd done for 'Fear Itself: The Fearless' a while back, and we've brought in Karl Kesel on 'Fantastic Four' and Lee Allred on 'FF' to execute those plans and to make them their own."

That sucks.

Well, for FF at least.

So who's this Lee Allred? Is he Mike's brother? cuz that could be interesting...

I knew something had to go. He was going to be writing more comics than Bendis.

Is Inhumans an ongoing? I thought it was a limited series.

I'm glad he's off Fantastic Four, to be honest. It's a terrible book right now and that sucks even worse coming off Hickman's incredible run. Hopefully Bagley is going too and they get a better creative team.

But leaving FF -that's going to suck. It's a great book. I hope at least Allred stays on.

Just read Peter Milligan and Mike Allred's X-Force/X-Statix.

It's the bee's knees.

The only book I'm aware of to feature a crossover with the Avengers where two grown men fight in the nude by throwing dandelions at each other.

I just read that issue. Amazing. I've been working through the omnibus.

Latest posts

Back