Marvel: Your Universe Thread

EXTINCTION_zps409ba2e4.jpg

See, not all teasers meant a new book:

Soule's All-New Marvel NOW! "Sinners" teaser was up next, and it signals a "huge change" in "Thunderbolts," showing a cover with Ghost Rider on the cover. "The main reason Ghost Rider is joining Thunderbolts is because I like dudes with flaming skulls," said Soule. "The other reason is that he fits the tone. While Johnny Blaze is a good guy at heart, he's the spirit of vengeance and terrible things happen around him. Putting him on the team is a natural fit. The reason he's on the team is because the team has a huge problem they thing Johnny can solve. The title of the arc is 'No Mercy.' If you've been reading 'Thunderbolts,' there's a character named Mercy. [That title] might have more than one meaning."

Bendis' "Trial" and "Judgement" teasers were up next -- and Lowe revealed "The Trial of Jean Grey," which sees "All-New X-Men" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" will cross over. Lowe confirmed the All-New X-Men will still be around following "Battle of the Atom." The arc will be six parts and three issues each in both "All-New X-Men" and "Guardians of the Galaxy." "In 'AvX,' the Phoenix was a big part of it. When the universe learns there's a Jean Grey, they come to Earth, they take Jean Grey by force back to Shandalar and she goes on trial," said Lowe. "The Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't like people getting too close to Earth. They take it upon themselves to [team-up] with the All-New X-Men to get Jean Grey." There are also some secret characters that Lowe isn't ready to reveal, but the All-New X-Men have connections in space. Stuart Immonen and Sara Pichelli will draw the crossover.

The "Wrath" teaser is for Richard Isanove, who is taking over Savage Wolverine with #14.NOW in January. It takes place in the 30s, with "everything you know and love for Wolverine, Vengeance, Betrayal, all that amazing stuff," said Schaeffer.

Zombi. :wink:

Edit:

Something for Iron Fist in the works?

A rapid-fire fan Q&A teased an upcoming announcement for Iron Fist...

Last edited:
See, not all teasers meant a new book:

Zombi. :wink:

:D I'm pretty sure I was careful to never say they would!

Seriously, I wasn't under the impression that they would all be new books or relaunches, merely that they might be renumbering or doing one shots for a single issue as a jumping on point. Although that wasn't quite on the money.

ALEX ROSS BACK AT MARVEL FOR 75TH ANNIVERSARY COVERS

Alex Ross returns to Marvel Comics in 2014 with a series of variant covers celebrating the publisher's 75th anniversary.

The first variant, Avengers #25:
1383332340.jpg

I don't always like Alex Roos but man, is that gorgeous or what?

1383853336.jpg

Is anyone else still excited about seeing these or is it just me?

Is anyone else still excited about seeing these or is it just me?

They don't do anything for me personally. They aren't telling anything, and they are barely hinting at anything. it's not enough to speculate on (and therefore discuss), so I just ignore them for the most part. It's the laziest form of marketing I think I've ever seen, and I don't care to become subject to it.

Oh man! I wonder if that means the Point One story is finally getting picked back up

I can't believe people care about Beta Ray Bill.

The Ultimate universe may not be ending, but rebooting. This is just my guess, but Bleeding Cool had found on an Amazon listing (now taken down) the collection for Cataclysm, which included an issue called "Ultimate Prologue".

The Ultimate universe may not be ending, but rebooting. This is just my guess, but Bleeding Cool had found on an Amazon listing (now taken down) the collection for Cataclysm, which included an issue called "Ultimate Prologue".

I believe that might be referring to the prologue issue to cataclysm that was about Vision?

Latest posts

Back