Marvel: Your Universe Thread

This new wave of Marvel books is off to a promising start. I just read the first issues of Ms. Marvel and Loki and they're exceptional. You're doing youself a disservice if you aren't giving them a chance.

Ms. Marvel should appeal to anyone who liked USM, and Loki should appeal to anyone who likes fun.

Ms. Marvel was incredible! I loved the story and art. I was just telling E he should check it out the other day.

Also, am I right to assume that Kamala
is an Inhuman
?

Ms. Marvel was incredible! I loved the story and art. I was just telling E he should check it out the other day.

Also, am I right to assume that Kamala
is an Inhuman
?

I haven't read it, but that was revealed when it was first announced.

So, I'm reading Walt Simonson's run on Thor, which is pretty frickin' fantastic, despite being rather heavy on exposition as comics from the 80s are prone to be. But it raised a question for me. How many times has Ragnarok come and not actually been the end of the universe? As far as I can tell, it has come and been stopped three times and is currently happening for the 4th time:

The first time was back in the 60s when Loki tricked an old blind god into shooting Balder with an arrow made of mistletoe (his one weakness, you know), thereby killing him and beginning the sequence of events leading to Ragnarok. But of course, they stopped it.

Then again in the 80s in Simonson's run when Odin, Thor, and Loki team up to defeat Sutur which was a story of epic proportions.

And then in 2004 when Thor died for a while during the disassembled stuff.

And of course, there's the current story in Uncanny Avengers, which hasn't been concluded yet.

And I may have missed one or more occurrences. You'd think that at some point the end of the universe would succeed.

Last edited:
Maybe this is the Spidey event?

MARVEL TEASES "EVERY SINGLE ONE" WILL JOIN SPIDER-MAN

Every-Single-One-f07a9.jpg

So, as I mentioned above, I'm reading Simonson's run on Thor from the 80s. The issues of Thor as a frog are up there with the most fun, quirky comics I've ever read. Who knew?

Last edited:
So, as I mentioned above, I'm reading Simonson's run on Thor from the 80s. The issues of Thor as a frog are up there with the most fun, quirky comics I've ever read. Who knew?

I did, but I think I cheated by reading it already.

I was reading the issue today where Thor has to fight the Midgard Serpent and I think I figured out what I like about this run so much: it continually thinks outside of the box. It starts off with a story about Ragnorok which is massively epic in scope, then it tells a story about Thor feeling lonely and spending a day with a family in New York. Or aiding a kingdom of frogs in their battle against rats. Simonson kept reinventing he feeling of the book. It doesn't fall into the usual tropes of comics, at all. Even when the Asgard Serpent attacks Thor in this issue I just read, second guesses himself after he initially attacks him (b/c Thor looks different than he used to) and apologizes. The whole conversation leading up to the battle was so... different than I'm used to reading in comics. It's really refreshing.

That was a story picked up from last year, if I'm remembering correctly. I know CBR mentioned it and they might have said who at Marvel was involved.

"Get ready to say goodbye to the X-Men."

Most of you reading this will initially react to what i have to say with skepticism. I'm a brand new poster with no posts. That's understandable. But i can only assure you that what i have to say in at this time and present is 100% true and will happen. I obviously can't release my sources but it's actually become an open secret within the marvel offices, and many are NOT happy. There have been a few leaks by various ''in the know'' people who work at marvel within the community and on personal blogs over the last few days. Don't be surprised when other sites/blogs start to come forward with more information soon. Obviously, these leaks on personal blogs have been redacted very quickly. Onto the dire news:

Marvel WILL be rebooting their entire line next summer, and they will be rebooting it without the X-Men. Without mutants at all. This includes Wolverine, Storm & Cyclops. Every mutant is gone. However, The Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver will be reintroduced as Inhumans. Although this won't apply to any other X-Men related characters. Currently unsure what will happen with Namor. It's currently unknown if any of the X-Men will ever return to the comics, but if they do it won't be for quite a while.

The X-Men as we know them will cease to exist by the end of Axis. Whatever this means, the end result is that the X-Men are finished. For the second time in 3 years the Avengers office will be hijacking what's going on in the X-Books to further their own stories, and once again Cyclops, as the face of the X-Men, will be portrayed as a villain. They're having him go full Magneto and he will die at the end of the event in shame. Bendis is NOT happy about having his stories hijacked by the higher ups, but he's going to be documenting Cyclops decent into insanity in the post ''Will'' issues of Uncanny so his characterization in Axis fits. Once Cyclops dies and with Wolverine also dead the X-Men will be reunited under Havok's leadership for a few short weeks in real time until the reboot, where all X-Books will be cancelled. The idea is, with Cyclops dead and buried, Marvel no longer have to worry about their ''mutant problem''. I can also confirm that the Scarlet Witch is the ''hero'' of Axis.

I know it sounds too crazy to be true, but i assure you it all is. There are clues for those who know what to look for ''out there'' already. I will update this thread as myself am updated.

I guess this is making the rounds.

Not going to happen of course, but I thought this was interesting in the face of a) the Fantastic Four cancellation rumors, b) AXIS coming up, and c) the rumblings that Marvel wanted to push the Inhumans more and possibly as a replacement for the X-Men.

A Universe-wide reboot is certainly plausible, which is really the only thing I take from this.

Bleeding Cool:

The post was treated with a mixture of scepticism and resignation. So I did what I could do. I asked Marvel. Whose execs told me it was nonsense. And not in a "we'll be publishing X-Men today and in a year but won't comment on the interim." And I talked to some Marvel creators. Who also told me it was nonsense.

Latest posts

Back