Marvel's Daredevil (Spoilers and Discussion)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I watched the first episode last night when it became available. It was amazing. Noticed some easter eggs already, like in the second episode. "Mike". Great show so far. Incredible fighting.

Yeah I too only watched the first one so far, something I'll remedy tonight once it becomes available. The action/combat was incredibly well done. They got Daredevil's movements and combat abilities down really well, a la Batman's in the Arkham games (though not so elaborate, which makes sense both in terms of real world aesthetics, physics, etc, as well as since Matt's just starting his vigilante career).

I've watched the first three. The second episode is good, third is good but seemed a little slower.

I'm really enjoying this. Fisk is becoming more prominent and I'm enjoying the portrayal. The fight scenes are great. I'm starting to think this is better than AoS.

Don't embarrass Fisk. :shock:

Last edited:
That hallway fight scene at the end of episode 2 was frigging awesome.
I've read a couple of reviews that have said they ripped it off a movie called "Old Boy." But whatever, it was AMAZING. Just the way that DD was tired all the way through and not fighting like a Superhero at all. He's not super strong. He's not invulnerable. He just has radar vision and training and can take a beating. It was really awesome.

I'm really enjoying this. Fisk is becoming more prominent and I'm enjoying the portrayal. The fight scenes are great. I'm starting to think this is better than AoS.

Don't embarrass Fisk. :shock:

ummm... yeah. That was ridiculous and awful. I... didn't like it.

But besides that, I'm loving this show.

Last edited:
As much as AoS has improved, its still nowhere near as good as Daredevil. That said, Daredevil is pretty dark, complete with bones popping out of bad guys' broken arms on the violence scale and very Miller-esque in terms of a blatant and cynical tone.

Episode 3's courtroom scenes were what I was really waiting to see, and it delivered. Matt's response as Daredevil was perfect, and Healey's ending... "response"... was, well, dark also.

Excellent show so far.

I like how in interviews they made this sound like it'd be full of morally grey characters when this is probably the most black and white thing I've seen in a while. Even more than Marvel's films really. They even dealt with the no killing thing (something the rest of the MCU lacks). It's just more violent. If this was Marvel Knights what the heck is Marvel MAX going to look like?

The costume looks a lot better in the show and looks less like body armor. The lack of an emblem is still weirding me out.

I really liked how he moved like Daredevil. Reacted to sounds and movement. Flipping around all crazy and was full Miller/Bendis rage machine. The ending looked brighter though so hopefully some swashbuckling is in the future. Kingpin was very well done as well. Everything was really.
Except for killing Ben Urich. That was a complete waste.
I can only imagine what this show would have been like with the Daily Bugle and JK Simmons as Jameson.

ummm... yeah. That was ridiculous and awful. I... didn't like it.

But besides that, I'm loving this show.

What was wrong with it? Dude is a child. Was the same way in the comics. He once crushed a guy's head with his bare hands because he used a word Fisk didn't understand.

Last edited:
I like how in interviews they made this sound like it'd be full of morally grey characters when this is probably the most black and white thing I've seen in a while. Even more than Marvel's films really. They even dealt with the no killing thing (something the rest of the MCU lacks). It's just more violent. If this was Marvel Knights what the heck is Marvel MAX going to look like?

Stick is a good example of a morally gray character. His killing of the child seems pretty cold blooded (in episode 7, but then again we don't see it, he only claims he caught up to the van), but there was likely a greater good, and may tie into some stuff they'll do in the Iron Fist series.

The costume looks a lot better in the show and looks less like body armor. The lack of an emblem is still weirding me out.

Eh, doesn't bother me. Lighting is everything, so that makes a big difference in the still pics and the show itself.

I really liked how he moved like Daredevil. Reacted to sounds and movement. Flipping around all crazy and was full Miller/Bendis rage machine.

Exactly. The combat and movement and fight choreography is fantastic. It really captures who Daredevil is, something no Batman movie has been able to pull off in terms of Batman's combat abilities. Hoping Snyder and WB learn something about how to approach Batman in the new DC universe in terms of combat scenes and movement. The cape makes the approach slightly different, and as ridiculous as it sounds, would probably benefit from a CGI cape for Batman in those scenes to make it flow and move perfectly in those scenes where Bats is jumping and flipping around a la Arkham game series. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Anyway, Daredevil's combat scenes are absolutely fantastic. So kinetic and exciting and hard hitting. Very well done.

The ending looked brighter though so hopefully some swashbuckling is in the future. Kingpin was very well done as well. Everything was really.
Except for killing Ben Urich. That was a complete waste.
I can only imagine what this show would have been like with the Daily Bugle and JK Simmons as Jameson.

Yeah. Well, the Daily Bugle and associated characters may be available for use in future Marvel movies and possibly even TV shows, depending on how the contracts work and Sony's openness to Marvel using the characters outside the Spider-Man series.

Like Ice said, this show is a perfect example of the tone and approach they can take with a Punisher series. It also allows for opening avenues for use of Marvel's horror characters like Blade, Werewolf by Night, Morbius (though Sony may have him, but I doubt it), Man Thing, etc. A Midnight Sons anthology/crossover series would be awesome, or even individual series under the MS banner (much like Daredevil, AKA JJ, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders are labeled Marvel Knights) resulting in a crossover series.

It opens up so many possibilities for second and third tier characters to get a shot, and build the universe more focusing on the expanding world of super powered people, vigilantes, and villains.

What was wrong with it? Dude is a child. Was the same way in the comics. He once crushed a guy's head with his bare hands because he used a word Fisk didn't understand.

I'm not saying it was out of character, it just was awful to watch. Probably because of how drawn out it was, and how nonchalantly Wesley got out of the car.

I watched the first episode and I was really excited to see it. I was disappointed.

I seem to be the only one though, so maybe it's me.

The story is good enough, but the cast just isn't doing it for me. Foggy is terrible. It looks like a guy acting, and he's not good. It really takes me out of the story. I wish I could put my finger on it as to what it is that I don't like about him.

I'll watch more of it and hopefully it will be better, but after one episode I'm just not feeling it.

11156400_1090434350971744_934783731145024985_n.jpg

The story is good enough, but the cast just isn't doing it for me. Foggy is terrible. It looks like a guy acting, and he's not good. It really takes me out of the story. I wish I could put my finger on it as to what it is that I don't like about him.

Did you hate the Mighty Ducks as well?
toughguys-fulton.png

I've got two episodes left. Melvin Potter is perfect. Also, the ending of 11 shocked me! Wow. I can't wait to finish this show. And then I'll be sad.

By the way, I was talking to a friend about this and he mentioned something that Fisk said in (I think) episode 4. "The rising tide raises all the boats." He thought this meant that Fisk is a part of the same organization that Skye was a part of in AOS. It seems like a stretch to me, especially since Fisk was all about secrets, but hey, who knows.

Last edited:
By the way, I was talking to a friend about this and he mentioned something that Fisk said in (I think) episode 4. "The rising tide raises all the boats." He thought this meant that Fisk is a part of the same organization that Skye was a part of in AOS. It seems like a stretch to me, especially since Fisk was all about secrets, but hey, who knows.

I don't think so. But then again, working with the Rising Tide would be a great way for him to gain other people secrets and use then against them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back