Marvel's Daredevil (Spoilers and Discussion)

This is just awesome

daredevil_0_zpsawupyfer.jpg

Okay, I just finished watching the show. Again, wow was that good.

There was a lot of stuff left dangling. So here are my thoughts on upcoming stories.

Gao is from K'un-Lun, for sure. When she said she was returning home, she said it was "a considerable distance farther" than China. She's also mysterious and beat the crap out of DD with one hit. Add to that the fact that her heroine has the symbol of Iron Fist's main foe, Steel Serpent... She'll show up again in Iron Fist.

Steel-Serpent-670x338.jpg

Daredevil season 2 will focus on the Hand and Stick and the Chaste (Stick's order). We'll get Elektra as part of that. Also possible for further down the line, Fisk will get out of jail and have to wrestle back control of the underworld from people who have shown up in his absence; including Owlsly's son, who will be the Owl. Fisk will also figure out that Melvin Potter helped Daredevil and he'll kill Betsy, which will turn Potter on DD for breaking his promise. He'll become Gladiator (based on costume designs seen in the last episode). Karin will discover that Matt is DD, relapse into drugs and we'll get a Born Again adaptation.

Last edited:
The second episode was MUCH better than the first. That's all we've seen so far. And yeah, the hallway fight was incredible.

I still think Foggy kind of sucks, though.

Okay, I just finished watching the show. Again, wow was that good.

There was a lot of stuff left dangling. So here are my thoughts on upcoming stories.

Gao is from K'un-Lun, for sure. When she said she was returning home, she said it was "a considerable distance farther" than China. She's also mysterious and beat the crap out of DD with one hit. Add to that the fact that her heroine has the symbol of Iron Fist's main foe, Steel Serpent... She'll show up again in Iron Fist.

Steel-Serpent-670x338.jpg

Daredevil season 2 will focus on the Hand and Stick and the Chaste (Stick's order). We'll get Elektra as part of that. Also possible for further down the line, Fisk will get out of jail and have to wrestle back control of the underworld from people who have shown up in his absence; including Owlsly's son, who will be the Owl. Fisk will also figure out that Melvin Potter helped Daredevil and he'll kill Betsy, which will turn Potter on DD for breaking his promise. He'll become Gladiator (based on costume designs seen in the last episode). Karin will discover that Matt is DD, relapse into drugs and we'll get a Born Again adaptation.

I like it. I'm just hoping they combine AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist into one Heroes for Hire show. That'll allow them to expand to other characters like Punisher, Blade, etc sooner, while also still continuing and exploring Jessica, Luke, and Danny's adventures and plot threads in the HfH series.

The second episode was MUCH better than the first. That's all we've seen so far. And yeah, the hallway fight was incredible.

It's a fantastic show.

I like it. I'm just hoping they combine AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist into one Heroes for Hire show. That'll allow them to expand to other characters like Punisher, Blade, etc sooner, while also still continuing and exploring Jessica, Luke, and Danny's adventures and plot threads in the HfH series.

Sounds good. The next phase of the Marvel/Netflix shows should be Heroes For Hire, Daredevil, Punisher, and one more like MoonKnight or Blade.

It just keeps getting better.

I like him. I think his goofiness balances out the dark tone.

Last edited:
I like him. I think his goofiness balances out the dark tone.

It's not that. I expect it from Foggy, definitely. It's the actor playing him. Two episodes in and he is not good.

I bet the next three shows turn into Heroes For Hire or Mighty Avengers or something like that for season two. I wonder if this will cross over with the movies at all like Agents of SHIELD does. Be cool to get a Civil War episode. That'd also help immensely with the timeline I'd imagine.

I have a feeling these shows are going to stay mostly in their own sphere and won't cross over much with the movies or other TV shows.

Daredevil Star Charlie Cox Would Like Punisher & Elektra In Season 2

"Based on the show we've created, which is very grounded in reality, I'd like to see Punisher maybe show up, a little bit of Elektra maybe," Cox said during the latest Empire Podcast. "I wouldn't mind Black Widow making an appearance, and you can't think about Daredevil for too long without thinking of Bullseye. I don't know when or if or how that would happen, but it'd be cool if it did."

They start filming the second season later this year, he confirms.

"Based on the show we've created, which is very grounded in reality, I'd like to see Punisher maybe show up, a little bit of Elektra maybe," Cox said during the latest Empire Podcast. "I wouldn't mind Black Widow making an appearance, and you can't think about Daredevil for too long without thinking of Bullseye. I don't know when or if or how that would happen, but it'd be cool if it did."

Cool. I hope to see more of those popular Daredevil characters show up in Season 2. And Punisher showing up would be a great way to launch him off into his own show.

Charlie Cox: "Let's just use all the coolest characters from the comics in the next season."

I agree.

Latest posts

Back