Marvel's Season One OGNs.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Like DC's Earth One OGN series telling the origin stories of the selected characters, Marvel is now doing the same, but calling it "Season One" for theirs.

I had posted somewhere before that they announced the X-Men: Season One (and here's a new article on it), and now today it's been announced there will be one for Spider-Man as well.

Spider-Man: Season One is written by Cullen Bunn and drawn by Neil Edwards.

1317167571.jpg

Spider-Man: Season One will be out in time for the Amazing Spider-Man movie.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they put the absolute biggest names possible on these books?

maybe because the target audience aren't comic book fans and wouldn't know the big names anyway? (that's not snark at all, I'm just hypothesizing).

I dunno, could be good. I really liked Spider-Man Blue which drew from the original source material but didn't stick to it perfectly. I get the feeling this is going to be similar.

maybe because the target audience aren't comic book fans and wouldn't know the big names anyway? (that's not snark at all, I'm just hypothesizing).

I dunno, could be good. I really liked Spider-Man Blue which drew from the original source material but didn't stick to it perfectly. I get the feeling this is going to be similar.

That could be...

I will check them out. I was thinking they would be kind of like the Mythos series which I really, really liked.

The Avengers:Origins thing kinda covers them.

But pretty much every Marvel Super Hero has had some mini series retelling their origins.

By the way, are these in 616 continuity? Or are they just a modern retelling for a modern audience without worrying too much about how they fit into continuity?

If I were a weaker man I would buy these just for the covers. They look great.

Agreed. They're incredibly done like the Mythos covers.

Is this Rivera as well?

I would like to see a line done in a singular style just to see what they come up with. Mythos almost did this, but not really. The books weren't integrated at all.

Just pre-ordered all the OGNs on Amazon except Dr. Strange, which is not listed yet.

Right now they are $16.99 and under. Hulk is the cheapest is $13.01.

I just finished reading the Fantastic Four book and it was pretty decent. I didn't care for the art but the story was ok. It started off a little bland but it picked up.

One thing I did like is how they addressed the problem of Reed not being able to make Ben human again.

Latest posts

Back