Mass Effect 2

Oh and the next story DLC will be the return of your Virmire survivor.

Has that been confirmed? I know people have been assuming that, but has anyone from Bioware actually given a hint or news that would indicate that? It'd be great if its true.

Just bought the Overlord DLC. I'll try it out later this weekend.

I liked the Overlord DLC story (the ending is especially haunting). Hopefully the Lair of the Shadowbroker will be even better.

Last edited:
I always bone Liara in ME1. Ashley Williams doesn't do anything for MY Commander Shepard.

I like when you're chatting up Ashley and she mentions God, I like to be like CUT THAT GOD CRAP OUT ON MY SHIP, ASHLEY! The renegade thing is funny especially if you've done nothing but kiss her ass through the conversation.

Lair of the Shadow Broker is awesome. Its so worth the price to play it. Great adventure, awesome flying taxi cab chase, Liara back on your sqaud, and a chance to rekindle the romance.

I was so friggin' satisfied by this DLC I'm still cleaning up the stains. The DLC was better than a lot of ME2 itself.

Hope we can expect something half as good if the plans for the Virmire survivor (Ashely/Kaiden) DLC are still going through.

And I can't tell you how happy I am that the Shadow Broker wasn't someone we already knew. That would've been lame.

Last edited:
Skotti...I can't believe you haven't jumped in with your thoughts on Lair of the Shadow Broker. I can't wait to hear what you thought about it.

Again, I loved it. Great production values, nice fan-service and character-service in terms of the option to re-romance Liara (assuming you romanced her in the first game), pretty decent dialogue and great voice acting, and a nice little extra at the end once the mission is over in which you can use Shadow Brokers computers to learn more about your crew.

Some people have complained about the Shadow Broker's identity, saying it was a cop out NOT to use a previously introduced character in some unexpected plot twist...but honestly, I was expecting that, and had a feeling if it went that route it would've come off as disappointing. So, when it was some big Yahg whom had never been introduced, I was pleasantly surprised.

And I like that Liara is the new SB. I just hope it won't preclude her from being a full time member of your crew in ME3.

EDIT: One more thing...while it isn't explicitly stated this is post Suicide mission DLC, the dialogue does lean heavily in that direction. You can play this anytime after visiting Illium and meeting Liara, but certain dialogue does hint that this should be played toward the end of ME2, if not after the Suicide Mission altogether.

Last edited:
I hate you all for having functioning 360's. :( But I guess it gives me time to decide whether I want to stick with Liara or Jack.

So, DiB, I'm assuming you can't keep playing with Liara after you finish the mission, right? She doesn't join your crew and you can't bring her out on missions other than the SB content?

Skotti...I can't believe you haven't jumped in with your thoughts on Lair of the Shadow Broker. I can't wait to hear what you thought about it.

Again, I loved it. Great production values, nice fan-service and character-service in terms of the option to re-romance Liara (assuming you romanced her in the first game), pretty decent dialogue and great voice acting, and a nice little extra at the end once the mission is over in which you can use Shadow Brokers computers to learn more about your crew.

Some people have complained about the Shadow Broker's identity, saying it was a cop out NOT to use a previously introduced character in some unexpected plot twist...but honestly, I was expecting that, and had a feeling if it went that route it would've come off as disappointing. So, when it was some big Yahg whom had never been introduced, I was pleasantly surprised.

And I like that Liara is the new SB. I just hope it won't preclude her from being a full time member of your crew in ME3.

EDIT: One more thing...while it isn't explicitly stated this is post Suicide mission DLC, the dialogue does lean heavily in that direction. You can play this anytime after visiting Illium and meeting Liara, but certain dialogue does hint that this should be played toward the end of ME2, if not after the Suicide Mission altogether.

Who?

I hate you all for having functioning 360's. :( But I guess it gives me time to decide whether I want to stick with Liara or Jack.

So, DiB, I'm assuming you can't keep playing with Liara after you finish the mission, right? She doesn't join your crew and you can't bring her out on missions other than the SB content?

Right. She's a part of your combat party throughout the Lair of the SB mission, and comes onboard the Normandy for a romantic encounter (if you have a romantic history), but then returns to her new lair. *cue ominous music*

She doesn't permanently stay onboard the Normandy for later missions, though. That'll be in Mass Effect 3 (of which this is the first "bridging" DLC between ME 2 and 3).

Trying not to read spoilers about the Shadow Broker mission, I am pretty pumped for it.

I bought it yesterday, and started a new game of ME2 with my paragon Shepard. Liara is Shepard's soulmate and whatever so I am looking forward to tapping that ass again. I haven't met up with her yet but it will be awesome when it does happen.

I am a Vanguard this time around which is sooo awesome. I literally wreck the **** out of Krogans with my biotic charge and then I elbow them to death.

Oh what was that krogan punk? You like charging people? I like charging too, BAM!!!

Last edited:
A leaked image from BioWare's upcoming VGA announcement. Some people are speculating that it's from the ME3 announcement. Other's are thinking it's from the rumored new franchise using the ME2 engine.

screenshot_242933.jpg

Cannot wait for the day after tomorrow.

A leaked image from BioWare's upcoming VGA announcement. Some people are speculating that it's from the ME3 announcement. Other's are thinking it's from the rumored new franchise using the ME2 engine.

screenshot_242933.jpg

The other rumor I've heard is that it's a multiplayer project set in the Mass Effect universe.

screenshot_242933.jpg

The other rumor I've heard is that it's a multiplayer project set in the Mass Effect universe.

Maybe the Reapers (discreetly, so no one realizes they're responsible) decimate Earth in order to spite Shepard and the opening levels and/or spinoff deal with that?

Then again, how do you decimate a planet discreetly?

Maybe the Reapers (discreetly, so no one realizes they're responsible) decimate Earth in order to spite Shepard and the opening levels and/or spinoff deal with that?

Then again, how do you decimate a planet discreetly?

Hm! Possibly!

Wasn't Earth a target in one of the earlier games? I always kind of figured ME3 would involve having to defend Earth.

It could be anything really, though. I can't wait to find out.

Last edited:
Hm! Possibly!

Wasn't Earth a target in one of the earlier games? I always kind of figured ME3 would involve having to defend Earth.

It could be anything really, though. I can't wait to find out.

Attacking Earth was the ultimate goal of the Collectors in the second game, though they never got that far. You can visit the moon and have Shepard be from Earth, but other then that, no.

But yeah, I'm also very excited.

Latest posts

Back