Mass Effect 3

The PS3 version of the game comes with Lair of the Shadow Broker but I don't think it has Arrival.

Ah, thats right, I'd forgotten about that. But yeah, the only ME2 DLC missing from the PS3 version is Arrival, since it was released a few months after the PS3 version came out.

Arrival is really good, and as said, serves as a direct lead-in to ME3.

Honestly, I enjoyed Overlord and The Arrival the most. I was literally yelling at the woman
you rescue in The Arrival when she proudly showed off the Reaper relic

Overlord was pretty good too...sad ending. :(

I was doing the same (her name is Dr. Kenson, right?). I was like "HOW DO YOU NOT SEE WHATS OBVIOUSLY COMING!?!?"

It's true. There would be a lot of hurdles to overcome, but I think the series is a perfect fit for an RTS, and the solutions to those problems could ultimately create something addictive and distinct from the present RTS format. ;) Luckily I have all the solutions.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to break it down right now.

When you do, let me know, would be very interested in your ideas on it. I would assume the closest existing comparison would probably be Starcraft, right down the the different modifiers and specific units based on alien races, etc. I would love a RTS ME game.

Since I got a new XBOX I've been replaying all of these and must say I'm very glad I saved Wrex and will be able to use him again.

Just finished the Arrival. Epic stuff.

I understand how they had to pace the inevitability of the outcome, I just wish there had been some major moral choice.

Just finished the Arrival. Epic stuff.

I understand how they had to pace the inevitability of the outcome, I just wish there had been some major moral choice.

You could argue that the moral choice is whether to try and warn the Batarians. But that's more of a "what you are in the dark" thing.

It's true. There would be a lot of hurdles to overcome, but I think the series is a perfect fit for an RTS, and the solutions to those problems could ultimately create something addictive and distinct from the present RTS format. ;) Luckily I have all the solutions.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to break it down right now.

I know this is an amazingly late reply, but I've been looking, I don't think BioWare's done an RTS before, would be a nice way to expand.

Huh, apparently the Co-Op multiplayer will have you creating and playing your own character (looks like you get to choose from the Council races and the Quarians) and you're helping shore up defenses for the final battle. According to Casey Hudson the game is 100% perfect complete-able single player, they added multiplayer just for something new (and to probably shut EA up).

Huh, apparently the Co-Op multiplayer will have you creating and playing your own character (looks like you get to choose from the Council races and the Quarians) and you're helping shore up defenses for the final battle. According to Casey Hudson the game is 100% perfect complete-able single player, they added multiplayer just for something new (and to probably shut EA up).

My interest is piqued.

I just finished Mass Effect 2. It was one of the greatest games I have ever played. I somehow got my whole team through the suicide mission intact. I lost half the rest of the crew though.

Mass Effect 3 just became my most anticipated game of next year. I guess I'll have to play this Arrival thing.

Apparently, with the leak of the ME3 beta on XBL, we now know that there will be 3 options to play the game, and nerds are now raging that there are options.

the 3 options;
1. RPG Mode; the same as ME1 & 2
2. Story Mode; difficulty is taken to "Super Easy" and an auto targeting option is added
3. Action Mode; difficulty is increased, leveling is now automatic, plot choices still exist, dialogue options can be set to auto response.

Apparently, nerds are up in arms about the Action Mode. They keep screaming that BioWare (or more commonly EA) is ruining Mass Effect, but at the end of the day, it's just an option.

Last edited:
Apparently, with the leak of the ME3 beta on XBL, we now know that there will be 3 options to play the game, and nerds are now raging that there are options.

the 3 options;
1. RPG Mode; the same as ME1 & 2
2. Story Mode; difficulty is taken to "Super Easy" and an auto targeting option is added
3. Action Mode; difficulty is increased, leveling is now automatic, plot choices still exist, dialogue options can be set to auto response.

Apparently, nerds are up in arms about the Action Mode. They keep screaming that BioWare (or more commonly EA) is ruining Mass Effect, but at the end of the day, it's just an option.

Nerds are stupid.

Though, I hope the cranked up difficulty isn't exclusive to "Action Mode" or whatever.

Nerds are stupid.

Though, I hope the cranked up difficulty isn't exclusive to "Action Mode" or whatever.

It doesn't look like it, just looks like that's just the default for the mode.

It doesn't look like it, just looks like that's just the default for the mode.

Yeah. It wouldn't make sense if they locked it out.

Honestly, it seems like a sensible way to draw in new fans, and instead of catering to just one type of gamer, they may be able to draw in action gamers and then hook them with the roleplay options.

Though, it might have made more sense to make the difficulty, leveling, and all that toggles you can change mid-game from the settings screen.

Just a heads up: someone went data mining in the leaked beta demo and found an incomplete, early plot outline for the game. So now the internet has got Mass Effect 3 spoilers all over it. Granted, some of the content is outdated, but we have no way of knowing which spoilers are outdated and which aren't. This is just a warning for those of you who would rather be unspoiled.

And yes, the nerd rage over it is incredibly stupid. But you already figured that out.

Oh Shi.... the Reapers!

0yBzU.jpg

Just a heads up: someone went data mining in the leaked beta demo and found an incomplete, early plot outline for the game. So now the internet has got Mass Effect 3 spoilers all over it. Granted, some of the content is outdated, but we have no way of knowing which spoilers are outdated and which aren't. This is just a warning for those of you who would rather be unspoiled.

And yes, the nerd rage over it is incredibly stupid. But you already figured that out.

I had to leave a Mass Effect art group on DA, because the group founder leaked all of what's known of ME3 from the data mine. He did it because he was mad at BioWare/EA for releasing Mass Effect 2 on the PS3.

I've never played any of the games and don't know anything about them - what is the outrage over the ending? I've seen people complaining about it everywhere.

Latest posts

Back