Mass Effect 3

I don't know about anyone else, but I am endlessly amused by the outrage over this games ending. I have never even played a Mass effect game. But man some good nerd outrage is always entertaining. Like this for example....

http://i.imgur.com/tQ5ip.png

Yeah, proof that most gamers ate self-important children with an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Personally, I think the endings (there are 3 core endings with varying differences that come to a total of 17 endings) fit the story. But everyone who's whining, wanted Shepard and Co. to come out unscathed, with you nesting ramifications to the galaxy.

I think the most amusing part is, they write up these fan endings, then petition Bioware to replace the game endings with these fan endings. It just reeks of entitlement.

I've never played any of the games and don't know anything about them - what is the outrage over the ending? I've seen people complaining about it everywhere.

Me either. I don't know. Some garbage about how the 3 endings are all the same and totally disregard all the choices you made through all your play throughs blah blah blah. But for some reason I can't help but be amused by it.

Yeah, proof that most gamers ate self-important children with an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Personally, I think the endings (there are 3 core endings with varying differences that come to a total of 17 endings) fit the story. But everyone who's whining, wanted Shepard and Co. to come out unscathed, with you nesting ramifications to the galaxy.

I think the most amusing part is, they write up these fan endings, then petition Bioware to replace the game endings with these fan endings. It just reeks of entitlement.

Yeah pretty much. Although the day one DLC was pretty ballsy on Biowares part.

And I hear that self-important children with an overinflated sense of entitlement are delicious if you cook them right. Can hardly be blamed for eating them.

And yes I am being a smart a** picking on your typo. ;)

Me either. I don't know. Some garbage about how the 3 endings are all the same and totally disregard all the choices you made through all your play throughs blah blah blah. But for some reason I can't help but be amused by it.

Yeah pretty much. Although the day one DLC was pretty ballsy on Biowares part.

And I hear that self-important children with an overinflated sense of entitlement are delicious if you cook them right. Can hardly be blamed for eating them.

And yes I am being a smart a** picking on your typo. ;)

The mission line wasn't ready when the game went to Gold Master, so it became DLC.

I'm upset Tali didn't have a spider face underneath her mask.

15517853_images_Images_d_d_10848_xlarge.png

Hehhhh....

So, I've got a question for you, oh master of ME3.

Do I need to have 100% readiness to get the best ending? It looks like I'm two missions away from the end (just about to go after Martin Sheen, following the Miranda mission). As it stands I'm at around 95% and my projected forces are around 6500. I'm assuming success is contingent on troop levels, and I'd figure the bar is probably 5000 or 6000, but I'm just guessing.

Just finished ME3. (Yes. It's 5 AM)

The ending wasn't at all what I expected, but I liked it, and the implications are interesting, especially given that
large numbers of practically every sentient race are now essentially stranded in the Sol system.

My general feeling is that it wasn't quite as good as ME2, but still pretty great. More later.

Last edited:
Just finished ME3. (Yes. It's 5 AM)

The ending wasn't at all what I expected, but I liked it, and the implications are interesting, especially given that
large numbers of practically every sentient race are now essentially stranded in the Sol system.

My general feeling is that it wasn't quite as good as ME2, but still pretty great. More later.

Also, please tell me you sat through the credits. There's a bit of follow up there.

Oops, forgot to ask, which ending did you choose?

Last edited:
Also, please tell me you sat through the credits. There's a bit of follow up there.

Oops, forgot to ask, which ending did you choose?

I skipped the credits, but it still showed the bit at the end with the old guy and his grandson. I thought that was kind of stupid, actually.

I chose synthesis.

I skipped the credits, but it still showed the bit at the end with the old guy and his grandson. I thought that was kind of stupid, actually.

I chose synthesis.

Unno, the post credits gave me goosebumps, tho it may have been because I recognized the Grandfather's voice as Buzz Aldrin.

Unno, the post credits gave me goosebumps, tho it may have been because I recognized the Grandfather's voice as Buzz Aldrin.

That was Buzz? That's... actually kind of great.

I don't know. It just felt kind of tacked on and cliche. I do think the synthesis ending added a nice irony to the paragon choice for the krogan. So you decided to reverse the genophage? You were callous to the salarian concerns of overpopulation? Well, now you have an aggressive species of prodigiously breeding armor monsters living in your solar system, with only two habitable planets. Have fun with that, bro.

That was Buzz? That's... actually kind of great.

I don't know. It just felt kind of tacked on and cliche. I do think the synthesis ending added a nice irony to the paragon choice for the krogan. So you decided to reverse the genophage? You were callous to the salarian concerns of overpopulation? Well, now you have an aggressive species of prodigiously breeding armor monsters living in your solar system, with only two habitable planets. Have fun with that, bro.

Actually, the nice thing about Krogans, they're adaptive, we could put them on Venus and Titan. That's what the Salarians raised them up, they were an army that could go to the Rachni worlds.

I am curious about the next DLC, since it'll have something to do with/change the ending.

Actually, the nice thing about Krogans, they're adaptive, we could put them on Venus and Titan. That's what the Salarians raised them up, they were an army that could go to the Rachni worlds.

They're still an aggressive species that breeds at an outrageous pace, right? And how happy would they be to be sent to a barren planet? In general, the choice I picked seems to have pretty dubious odds for Earth's solar system.

Jaggyd said:
I am curious about the next DLC, since it'll have something to do with/change the ending.

Do we know that? Because I'd like to see post-game content but am not particularly interested in new endings.

My copy hasn't even arrived yet so I get worried when I see the posts in this thread pop up on the side. Please use spoiler tags if you're going to discuss the ending.

Had to delete post, since the front page preview of comments doesn't recognize spoiler tags.

Last edited:
A gamer has filed an FTC complaint against EA/Bioware over Mass Effect 3's ending. If that doesn't scream "self-important child with entitlement issues" nothing does.

Article here.

A gamer has filed an FTC complaint against EA/Bioware over Mass Effect 3's ending. If that doesn't scream "self-important child with entitlement issues" nothing does.

Article here.

I can't imagine the thought process that leads one to conclude that the government needs to regulate video game story lines.

Latest posts

Back