McFarlane & Kirkman!

I haven't seen a hardcover, although I am picking up all of the big collections. There are 3 out, and I think #4 is out soon. Like i said, it's not horrible, and the first few issues were pretty good.

I think what I've been staring at is just the HC version of the big collections. I know V2 has a ton of comics in it.

I think what I've been staring at is just the HC version of the big collections. I know V2 has a ton of comics in it.

Over 30 I think. Same for #4 & 5.

Which is why Transformers continue to be the benchmark of playability.

You won't ****ing believe what they're passing off as 'Transformers' today. I was at the toystore yesterday and the only Optimus Prime I could find that actually transformed was a 'protoform mode' one, that transformed into a meteor. Yipee. I get to play with a meteor.

The rest of the Prime figures were, (surprise, surprise), models and statues that couldn't transform. 'Robot Replicas'. :?

Robot ****licas is what I say.

The only decent thing to come out of McFarlane were hyper-realistic action figures. That's it.

Spawn isn't cool. Spawn looks cool, but that's it.

90's = "cool-looking" is more important than good stories and good comics.

McFarlane embodies EVERYTHING wrong with 90s comic book industry.

Have my babies. Or at least get an apartment with me on the Upper East side.

You won't ****ing believe what they're passing off as 'Transformers' today. I was at the toystore yesterday and the only Optimus Prime I could find that actually transformed was a 'protoform mode' one, that transformed into a meteor. Yipee. I get to play with a meteor.

The rest of the Prime figures were, (surprise, surprise), models and statues that couldn't transform. 'Robot Replicas'. :?

They must be out of stock. There is a regular OP that is part of the current line as well as a new "classic" edition which is a transformable toy and is a homage to the original transformable toy.

A meteor? Cool You get a giant robot toy and a pet rock in one :lol:

The Spawn series is good right now.

And Bendis' Hellspawn series was the epiphany of sweet, Some of his best work. And art by Ashley Wood didn't hurt.

I'm assuming McFarlane was the driving force behind the creator deflection to Image when I say this, but not only does he embody everything wrong with the 90s comic industry, he is the CAUSE of the 90s industry implosion and collapse.

Spawn was a decent comic for the first 15 or so issues though.

That's cuz he got Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, and Frank Miller to guest write some of the issues. He may have even gotten Grant Morrison, though I am not sure.

That's cuz he got Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, and Frank Miller to guest write some of the issues. He may have even gotten Grant Morrison, though I am not sure.

Yes, but not in that block. Morrison came in later.

A meteor? Cool You get a giant robot toy and a pet rock in one :lol:

You mean like Rock Lords?

rockLords1_L.jpg

And Bendis' Hellspawn series was the epiphany of sweet, Some of his best work. And art by Ashley Wood didn't hurt.

I don't get Ashley Wood. Automatic Kafka gave me nightmares.

Latest posts

Back