Avengers Meet the New Avengers. One member at a time.

You're assuming that anything Bendis writes will affect what happens in Brubaker's title. And if Civil War is any indication----it won't affect it at all. Brubaker wrote 3 issues for CW and even then it didn't even seem like CW affected his book at all. Hell---I can barely remember what happened in "Drums of War".

I wouldn't worry about Iron Fist.

If Ronin is Captain America, I'm scared Brubaker will have to write about it.

avengersvariant_lo.jpg

See! Spidey has five...count them, FIVE fingers! WHO'S BLIND NOW?! :crazy:

*reads the "Epilogue" Newsarama article*

Bendis: Spoiler mark this!

Me: Okay... *skips ahead* *sees like four paragraphs of stuff* :? Okay, so where's a good point to continue reading...? *sees another big ol' spoiler mark thing* This is stupid... *clicks Back button*

What is with Bendis and revealing everything in his books before they happen? It's really getting to bother me now. I swear, the man's a teenage girl who likes to gossip. He also has the same level of quality of a teenage girl when it comes to using proper grammar on the internet.

Last edited:
I retract my Cap is Ronin answer and replace it with him clearly being Hawkeye.

It seems important to the series that Cap remain underground and probably out of the country.

I retract my Cap is Ronin answer and replace it with him clearly being Hawkeye.

It seems important to the series that Cap remain underground and probably out of the country.

Which is why
him as Iron Man
makes total sense.

It could be that Tony takes the SHIELD job and hires Cap as his secret Iron Man bodyguard so Cap could continue to fight crime without having to register (through some loophole or something). That way Cap would still be a fugitive, but no one would know he was Iron Man so they couldn't find him anyway.

But having the 12 immunites, it only seems Tony will no doubtly save one for Cap. So when/if he does, would Cap really need to hide? Johnny isn't. And as for Sue, who knows what she'll do.

Good call. I forgot about those. But even with all that, it's possible he still wouldn't be allowed to be Captain America when it's all over. And Tony'll hook him up.

Last edited:
Good call. I forgot about those. But even with all that, it's possible he still wouldn't be allowed to be Captain America when it's all over. And Tony'll hook him up.

Yeah, I'm thinking something similar will happen. Steve Rogers will be immune, but Captain America will not.

That "Epilogue" on Newsarama has some amazing Yu artwork. I'm getting really pumped for these two series -- which is sad, really, because that was Bendis' goal with this whole "Meet the New Avengers" thing. I'm a victim of (or is it sucker for?) marketing.

Also, I really need to read The Hood mini. He was interesting enough in Beyond! and, as it's BKV, I would've ended up reading it anyway, but now it's gotta be sooner rather than later.

Latest posts

Back