Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots

Oldie Snake looks like an angry math teacher from an American public school.

Yeah i thought that part sucked .. the hitler beard just doesn't work!

The game looks so amazing though .. i love the way they have made the metal gears even more like animals .. awesome!

So Anyone heard about who the patriots are? It looks like in the ending of the PSP game they say who are the patriots. Im gonna post here, I don't know if its true, i got it from another board.

Ocelot, Big Boss and a Mistery Guy who will be revealed in MGS4

Edit: Oh and it's so cool the fact that Snake will travel the world in this game (3 locations: Middle East, Eastern Europe and South America)

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this.

But anyways, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The final chapter in the saga of Solid Snake (according to Hideo Kojima).

Okay, now don't kill me for this, but I, uh....don't exactly have any of the NextGen consoles....

I want a 360, but let's face it, this game looks f*cking awesome. So, uh, are PS3's really as bad as everyone says? I mean, this is the final freaking chapter. But is it worth buying a system for it? Probably not. But if PS3's aren't as bad as people say they are, then....I dunno. I want a 360 too.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. It answers the all the questions from the past 20 years.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Is the PS3 a bad system? Absolutely not. It has a ton of potential.

Then why does it have a bad rap? Because there's very few worthwhile games on it at the moment and won't be until later this year or early next year. . .and it costs $500 dollars at the cheapest. Which is ridiculous.

So, it all depends on what games you want. Take a look at what's coming out and what's already out and make your decision that way.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Thanks. It's just, a lot of people I know prefer the 360.

What are people's thoughts on MGS4....?

Langsta, you should know that there are many rumblings that MGS4 will NOT be exclusive to the PS3. The trailer looks amazing. But THERE'S NO GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE IN IT. At least as far as i can tell. That being said, the MGS games have all been awesome. If it does come out for the 360, then you should just look at all the other games out , and coming out, for the systems, and that'll inform you as to which you should get if you can only get one.

......and after i wrote that i just noticed the announcement from yesterday that it is exclusive to Sony. For the moment.

Last edited:
Langsta, you should know that there are many rumblings that MGS4 will NOT be exclusive to the PS3. The trailer looks amazing. But THERE'S NO GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE IN IT. At least as far as i can tell. That being said, the MGS games have all been awesome. If it does come out for the 360, then you should just look at all the other games out , and coming out, for the systems, and that'll inform you as to which you should get if you can only get one.

......and after i wrote that i just noticed the announcement from yesterday that it is exclusive to Sony. For the moment.

There's a gameplay trailer from TGS 2006. It was. . .actually, kind of underwhelming. But they said it was using placeholder animations from MGS3, so, hopefully when we see gameplay footage next week in Tokyo, it'll look a lot better.

Yeah, Kojima announced at E3 that it will be a PS3 exclusive and that he will no longer direct (again).

But, if it's the last Solid Snake game, why can't they just give Xboxers a little action? And, if it's the last SS game, does that mean Snake will die? My money's on him fighting Liquid again at the very end and having both of them die. Or something.

And where the **** was this other thread?!?! I looked through every godd*mn page in the video game section. WTF!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Kojima announced at E3 that it will be a PS3 exclusive and that he will no longer direct (again).
That's what he said about 3. And now we have 4. With time, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 5.

But, if it's the last Solid Snake game, why can't they just give Xboxers a little action? And, if it's the last SS game, does that mean Snake will die? My money's on him fighting Liquid again at the very end and having both of them die. Or something.
I bet it'll be on the 360 eventually like MGS2.

And where the **** was this other thread?!?! I looked through every godd*mn page in the video game section. WTF!!!
Presto change-o?

I know Kojima's said that before, but now I think he really means it. He's said that this one will answer ALL the questions from the previous games.

It's like the Spider-Man movies. S1 and S2 were building up to S3. Now that virtually everything has been resolved in Spider-Man 3, I'm not as interested in seeing Spidey 4, because it'll have to start a whole new saga.

But I think they can make another Metal Gear saga now that Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid are "finished." But Kojima probably won't be on board (at least as director), and since all plotpoints and whatnot will be resolved in MGS4, there's really no reason to continue the story.

Two things:
1. Snake looks kind of douchebag-y with the moustache. Just sayin'.
2. Raiden is played by the same voice actor from MGS2, so just because he looks 600% more badass, doesn't mean he's going to sound more badass.

Last edited:
I bet it'll be on the 360 eventually like MGS2.

I would think that too If MGS2 hadn't sold as bad as it did in the Xbox. MGS fanbase is kinda already stabilished with Sony. My opinion, of course.

Anyway, looks good, I dig Old Snake and Liquid Ocelot. Oh and Vamp too he is one bad mother****er.

I know Kojima's said that before, but now I think he really means it. He's said that this one will answer ALL the questions from the previous games.

It's like the Spider-Man movies. S1 and S2 were building up to S3. Now that virtually everything has been resolved in Spider-Man 3, I'm not as interested in seeing Spidey 4, because it'll have to start a whole new saga.

Doesnt mean they not making a fourth, in fact Sony pictures say they are going forward making more Spiderman movies no matter what

And this game is the only PS3 game that had me wanting to buy it

You all have to remind me of this game.

I'm freaking out.

Remind you!? What kind of Metal Gear fan are you? You should know the exact date when it;s announced, and you'll be in line the day before just to buy it. And if you haven't bought a PS3 yet, you will, even if it's 600 bucks still (See the Sony thread for "How Sony ****s up. . .again").

Remind you!? What kind of Metal Gear fan are you? You should know the exact date when it;s announced, and you'll be in line the day before just to buy it. And if you haven't bought a PS3 yet, you will, even if it's 600 bucks still (See the Sony thread for "How Sony ****s up. . .again").

I do. But I try to block it out so I don't freak out and destroy something.

I think that there is another Big Boss clone. I don't know, that dude that was with Meryl... the only one unaffected (he looked like he wasn't feeling anything weird). He had all his face covered and they gave him too much time of appearance...

I'm probably wrong though. I wanna see Vamp's story.

I think that there is another Big Boss clone. I don't know, that dude that was with Meryl... the only one unaffected (he looked like he wasn't feeling anything weird). He had all his face covered and they gave him too much time of appearance...

I'm pretty sure that was Raiden due to the locks of blonde hair coming out of hood.

I also think Big Boss will be revived somehow. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back