Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots

There is a 15 min gameplay demonstration floating around the net.
I must say this game looks beyond spectacular. If your a fan of the series you must watch it.

I was pretty excited before but now I'm so hyped I can hardly stand it. Once you get your time machine ready please bring me back a copy. I'll pay double.

This game does look insane, and I'll definitly try to check it out. However, I must admit, I always found the Metal Gear games a little dry and mostly unexciting (and I've played ALL of them...the originals on NES, all three Solid games, etc). All still engrossing enough to play through, for sure, but they didn't strike me as the extreme masterpieces of gameplay others coined it as. Don't get me wrong, they are extremely well-put together games, and the storylines are extremely complex, surprising, and well-written. I honestly can't quite put my finger on what it is that detracts from my full appreciation of the series. Like I said, I liked the games, but I was just never drawn into the series as a true Metal Gear fan is. Eh, whatever. I'm just rambling...course this is a pretty good place to do such a thing.

This game does look insane, and I'll definitly try to check it out. However, I must admit, I always found the Metal Gear games a little dry and mostly unexciting (and I've played ALL of them...the originals on NES, all three Solid games, etc). All still engrossing enough to play through, for sure, but they didn't strike me as the extreme masterpieces of gameplay others coined it as. Don't get me wrong, they are extremely well-put together games, and the storylines are extremely complex, surprising, and well-written. I honestly can't quite put my finger on what it is that detracts from my full appreciation of the series. Like I said, I liked the games, but I was just never drawn into the series as a true Metal Gear fan is. Eh, whatever. I'm just rambling...course this is a pretty good place to do such a thing.

I think you are insane.

Did anybody watch it?

And catch that the animals were similar to a wolf, raven, octopus, and mantis.

As in Sniper Wolf, Vulcan Raven, Decoy Octopus, and Psycho Mantis.

And I think that is the original Mantis.

EDIT - Off wikipedia (So it might be false...)

Four new characters are also introduced: Screaming Mantis, Laughing Octopus, Raging Raven, and Crying Wolf, of The Beauty and the Beast Unit. Their animal names openly reference characters from the original Metal Gear Solid, while the emotion names are similar, if not synonymous to the codenames of some Cobra Unit members in "Metal Gear Solid 3" (Screaming-Fear, Laughing-Joy, Raging-Fury, and Crying-Sorrow).[14]

All of them are women who suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. The only way they could cope with the damage done to their minds was to become war machines. Their inner human side is referred to as "Beauty", while their outer appearance is referred to as "Beast". Four real life models were chosen for their in-game appearances as their "Beauty" side. Interestingly the Screaming Mantis has two marionettes on each arm, a closer inspection reveals that they are Psycho Mantis and The Sorrow, two characters the New Mantis seems to have the respective powers of.

Last edited:
All of them are women who suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. The only way they could cope with the damage done to their minds was to become war machines.

Seems like a common problem among women nowadays.

The Beauty and the Beast Unit?

:sure: Kojima is running out of ideas. And cool-sounding names.

Bad news, Snake fans. Solid's first PlayStation 3 outing -- which was originally scheduled to hit consoles worldwide this winter and later slated to appear in March 2008 -- has slipped, with Konami announcing that game-hungry PS3 fans (which, let's face it, is all of us) won't get to try out the Octocamo in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots until Q2 2008. For those of you who are quarterly-challenged, that translates to between April and June of next year.

Link.

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Link.

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*sigh* Yeah, I read that, too. Apparently, because it's actually the fiscal year, and not the actual year, Q2 means July. . .at the earliest. July to September is Q2 of the 2008 fiscal year.

Ugh. Well, I still think I'm going to buy a PS3 early 2008 despite this. Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Resistance, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Tekken 6, together, have given me reason to buy one soon.

Last edited:
You have to play Heavenly Sword and Assassin's Creed.

I already beat Heavenly Sword at a friend's. I was less than impressed. While the game is gorgeous, and the story is solid. . .the gameplay felt like a watered down version of God of War and it lasted maybe four hours. I would have felt rather cheated if I had bought it. Still, it was an entertaining experience.

As for Assassin's Creed, I'm getting that on my 360. :wink:

There was a game I forgot, though. Warhawk. Definitely looking forward to putting some time into that game.

I watched a couple of trailers, I haven't seen it today.

This game gets better and better. I'm freaking out. I need to play this.

The first trailer had Vamp and Raiden kicking the holy **** out of each other.

The 2nd one had lots of scenes. The end one was a great homage.

"Freeze"

"You haven't even take the safety off rookie"

"I'm not rookie, I'm a ten year vet."

*checks his gun*

*Snake takes it and knocks him down*

"How in the hell did you survive for 10 years!?"

Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be on the 360!!! Here is proof

Latest posts

Back