Michael Turner Art Thread.

I don't find Michael Turner horrible. But I find his art style awfully uninteresting. I mean, it's not bad, it's just that there's nothing about it that seems worth talking about.

We actually really don't need these kinds of threads, since you can find anything on comicartcommunity... lock it up?

I love Turner's art.....mostly due to the fact that compared to others like Lee and Lefield---Turner's art is greater by leaps and bounds, it gives me a slight nostalgic effect of the 90s comic art.

I gotta agree with Proj--I mean Grimmace---err Bass V2. We don't really need this thread.

I say lock it up.

I love Turner's art.....mostly due to the fact that compared to others like Lee and Lefield---Turner's art is greater by leaps and bounds, it gives me a slight nostalgic effect of the 90s comic art.
Are you saying that Turner is like a whimsical recreation of 90s art in the same way that Tom Scioli (Godland) and Michael Allred (Madman, X-Statix) have an ironic approach to sixties Kirby-ness? If so, it's an interesting way of looking at it.

I think I have difficulty getting over the occasional camel toe in Turner's work.

And now some more bad Turner art (which is pretty much all of his art):

JLA10Turnerteaser.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think is that bad. I've seen the huge discussion in newsarama about the cover and it's pretty stupid. Power girl has huge breasts, I just think she should be a little less skinny, other then that, It's cool, not awesome, but cool.

I don't think is that bad. I've seen the huge discussion in newsarama about the cover and it's pretty stupid. Power girl has huge breasts, I just think she should be a little less skinny, other then that, It's cool, not awesome, but cool.

Take away the breasts and she has more in common with a horse.

The only comics I've read where Turner did more than just some coverwork were Superman/Batman and a few bits in Infinite Crisis. His art was great in both.

It's hard for me to critisize Turners' art when guys like Liefeld and Bachelo are still around.

Some of Turner's art is as bad as Liefield's. And Bachalo is pretty good when he doesn't get carried away.

I was reading Newsarama and someone posted a hilarious comment about the image: "I wish my boobs grew out of my ribcage." :lol:

i thought some of his civil war stuff was really cool but the more people post dodgy lookin turner art the less i love his work. i hate the look of power girl anyway (except for her jugs). her costume is crap

Some of Turner's art is as bad as Liefield's. And Bachalo is pretty good when he doesn't get carried away.

I was reading Newsarama and someone posted a hilarious comment about the image: "I wish my boobs grew out of my ribcage." :lol:

:shock:

Black Canary is the highlight of that image.

Latest posts

Back