Millar and McNiven's Nemesis

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
....going to be revealed on Oct. 30th. :D

Mark Millar said:
Keep your eyes peeled, my friends. The poster will go live that day, the book already being drawn as I type.

I was out with my mates last night and came in drunk, logging onto email and literally gasping when I saw the artwork. Steve has modified his style again and I've never seen anything like it from him. It's much more Travis Charest, but he's brought something entirely new to this too. The level of detail is just insane.

This is going to be MASSIVE.

MM

Re: The new Millar/McNiven project is....

WHY POST THIS!

It's stupid!

It's like saying, "THE NEWEST SUPERMAN VILLAIN IS.....WILL BE REVEALED IN TWO WEEKS!"

You know what else is happening on the 30th that is much more important?

I'm getting a house. This should be their next comic. Houde vs the House Ghosts.

I can see it now. The first issue would be the introduction to the house itself, where something completely grotesque happens to something, and its really the HOUSE GHOST VILLAINS!

The next four issues would have explosions, violent killings, some sort of Wolverine, and lost sons from my past. It would end ambiguously, somewhat emotional, and with an obvious sequel in the works.

Movie by Miramax in 2013, before the sixth issue comes out.

Last edited:

It's like saying, "THE NEWEST SUPERMAN VILLAIN IS.....WILL BE REVEALED IN TWO WEEKS!"

:lol:

I also love that he's setting a release date for a poster.

good news from Mark Millar:
Steve McNiven's new art looks amazing when you're drunk!

I think it's Thor... or Marvelman.

Last edited:

post-2-125690787294_thumb.jpg

So their next project is called NEMESIS. I'm thinking the colors used here might also be a hint.

I like the idea of this team telling a story about a villain like Doctor Doom or someone like that.

post-2-125690787294_thumb.jpg

So their next project is called NEMESIS. I'm thinking the colors used here might also be a hint.

So, he hyped and teased the announcement...then didn't announce anything. :roll:

Millar has said that the main character of this is in the title. There's a Nemesis who was part of Alpha Flight and Holocaust used to be called Nemesis. I think those two are too obscure for Millar. And there are two people known as Doctor Nemesis but I'm not sure about them. I think it's a new character or a former hero turned villain, which I think Quesada has hinted at before.

Last edited:

How is this different to WANTED? Also... isn't it a bit... I dunno, shameless, to be talking about how brilliant NEMESIS will be in relation to KICK-ASS, when KA never finished and was turned into a movie before the first issue came out?

I dunno. This isn't meant to be a rude criticism, nor an oversimplification of a man, but I've noticed that Millar... Millar has a very cynical, adolescent streak in him. And I think when he does work that appeals to that side of him, he's rather ineffectual and gratuitous. However, Millar also has a side of pure adoration for his work. And those titles written for that side of him seem to be considerably more entertaining and enjoyable, even if they're not particularly good.

For example, if you look at his work on SUPERMAN ADVENTURES and THE ULTIMATES, his unbridled love for Superman, Lex Luthor, Thor, Captain America... it just generates a wonderful world in which to stay. But then look at WANTED or WAR STORIES... and it just seems juvenile in comparison.

Even something like THE AUTHORITY, which was cynical, had a real love for the team in it. SUPERMAN: RED SON was cynical too, but it was, essentially, a love-letter to Superman.

Yes, his FANTASTIC FOUR runs were very mediocre, as was GRAND THEFT AMERICA, but I could read them and see what Millar was trying to do, even if I feel he didn't accomplish it. But his works like CHOSEN... I can hardly get through an issue, it feels so immature.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll take a look at NEMESIS and it'll be a love-letter to Batman. Maybe it'll just be an excuse for gratuitous violence and movie deals.

Maybe it's too early to tell.

Good luck with it, Millar and McNiven.

Will we see Joke-nipples?

How is this different to WANTED? Also... isn't it a bit... I dunno, shameless, to be talking about how brilliant NEMESIS will be in relation to KICK-ASS, when KA never finished and was turned into a movie before the first issue came out?

I dunno. This isn't meant to be a rude criticism, nor an oversimplification of a man, but I've noticed that Millar... Millar has a very cynical, adolescent streak in him. And I think when he does work that appeals to that side of him, he's rather ineffectual and gratuitous. However, Millar also has a side of pure adoration for his work. And those titles written for that side of him seem to be considerably more entertaining and enjoyable, even if they're not particularly good.

For example, if you look at his work on SUPERMAN ADVENTURES and THE ULTIMATES, his unbridled love for Superman, Lex Luthor, Thor, Captain America... it just generates a wonderful world in which to stay. But then look at WANTED or WAR STORIES... and it just seems juvenile in comparison.

Even something like THE AUTHORITY, which was cynical, had a real love for the team in it. SUPERMAN: RED SON was cynical too, but it was, essentially, a love-letter to Superman.

Yes, his FANTASTIC FOUR runs were very mediocre, as was GRAND THEFT AMERICA, but I could read them and see what Millar was trying to do, even if I feel he didn't accomplish it. But his works like CHOSEN... I can hardly get through an issue, it feels so immature.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll take a look at NEMESIS and it'll be a love-letter to Batman. Maybe it'll just be an excuse for gratuitous violence and movie deals.

Maybe it's too early to tell.

Good luck with it, Millar and McNiven.

Impregnate me, please.

Also, I'm not trying to be dickish but I just thought it was curious. He said he grew up on nineties comics like Spawn.... Isn't Millar, like, forty? Wasn't he writing comics around the same time Spawn and Wildcats and all that were big?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back